WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Met a Windows Phone customer at work (I work for the enemy lol) and I was excited only to face a customer who says the OS is now but is otherwise meh because of...sigh...lack of apps.

Couldn't quite tell what Model it was. It was a Lumia it looked like but it looked like a Lumia 535 maybe? I had never seen that model before myself.

The lack of apps is a reality for some people. Especially if your friends are using something or if you're interested in something and you can't get the app. That's just reality for Windows Phone at the moment.

Who exactly do you work for? Which 'enemy'...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

The lack of apps is a reality for some people. Especially if your friends are using something or if you're interested in something and you can't get the app. That's just reality for Windows Phone at the moment.

Who exactly do you work for? Which 'enemy'...
The lesser of the two evils ;) is all I say.

I am glad that the majority of my friends aren't app snobs and we all use apps that everyone can use (telegram for example) or we also use features that we've always had...such as group messaging and what not.

that said, my friend who is an avid Apple user has actually challenged me....6 months with the enemy. Forcing me to use Mac/IOS exclusively (I cant touch my windows phone) and he would in turn take my Surface and Lumia 1520.

I am not sure if I am going to take him up on this challenge lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The lesser of the two evils ;) is all I say.

I am glad that the majority of my friends aren't app snobs and we all use apps that everyone can use (telegram for example) or we also use features that we've always had...such as group messaging and what not.

that said, my friend who is an avid Apple user has actually challenged me....6 months with the enemy. Forcing me to use Mac/IOS exclusively (I cant touch my windows phone) and he would in turn take my Surface and Lumia 1520.

I am not sure if I am going to take him up on this challenge lol.

Though I have no qualms with people wanting to use what they want, I don't think I could ever use a Mac personally. Though I know of lots of people who went to Mac and never went near a Windows machine again and are fully Apple now.

The issues I've had with my wife's laptop with W10 upgrade makes me wonder how many people MS has possibly pissed off again and made more Mac users out of it.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Though I have no qualms with people wanting to use what they want, I don't think I could ever use a Mac personally. Though I know of lots of people who went to Mac and never went near a Windows machine again and are fully Apple now.

The issues I've had with my wife's laptop with W10 upgrade makes me wonder how many people MS has possibly pissed off again and made more Mac users out of it.
Love my Mac mini (on Windows 10) :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I know what you're talking. I got seriously injured when I was way younger while playing soccer (so weird to use this expression) with a complete *****. He did almost the same thing, hit me in the thigh, I wasn't able to walk a couple of days, and it still comes back from time to time.

A day later and it still Hurts. It's not bruised which is a good thing 😁.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I never quite understood why football in the US is called football anyway...

It's generally the same concept as rugby with different rules. Football (soccer) makes more sense. Why it's called soccer in North America/Australia makes little sense as well.
Saying that, they call rugby in Australia 'footy' so that may be it.
Because the ball is one foot or 12 inches long 😀

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Another day at the funny farm, where there are no real jokes to laugh at while working with some of these coworkers...

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Because the ball is one foot or 12 inches long ��

Leave it to the US to confuse things. :p

I probably knew that at one point in life when I cared but since sports doesn't exactly fit into my life I've lost most of my knowledge of things like that. At least I have an answer to that now

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Leave it to the US to confuse things. :p

I probably knew that at one point in life when I cared but since sports doesn't exactly fit into my life I've lost most of my knowledge of things like that. At least I have an answer to that now

You would be surprised how many die hard American Football fans that don't know the reason why the sport they love and care about so much is called "football". I always get a chuckle out of it...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You would be surprised how many die hard American Football fans that don't know the reason why the sport they love and care about so much is called "football". I always get a chuckle out of it...

Actually, being the US, no it wouldn't surprise me... not at all.

I had a recollection on reading what you wrote. I think I was told it some time, long ago, either that or I saw it on a TV show or book or something. I often feel so far removed from North America now that it all seems like some weird dream I had. LOL!

I need to revisit just so I can feel like a forginer again. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually, being the US, no it wouldn't surprise me... not at all.

I had a recollection on reading what you wrote. I think I was told it some time, long ago, either that or I saw it on a TV show or book or something. I often feel so far removed from North America now that it all seems like some weird dream I had. LOL!

I need to revisit just so I can feel like a forginer again. :p

You'll land and outside of the food in some places, be itching to hear back to your side of the pond in no time...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Coworkers are giving me a headache. Don't understand what the play is by being catty...SMH...

G4 Approved

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My G4 is looking like it should be delivered today. Will be interesting to compare it to the S7 that I have been using for the last few days. As much as I like the S7, there is something about the 640 that just blows me away....for a $50 phone (that is what I paid, I know now it is $30) it isn't that far behind these really expensive devices....one of these days the high end smartphone market is going to crash.....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I myself agree 100%.

The G4 I've been using while worth all the accolades and criticisms levelled at it, to me was not worth those $500+ price marks for last year. Neither is the G5 or S7, or whatever knuckleheads price HTC will charge for their M10. The truth is that OEMs have seen Apple **** cash and have upped their game so much that the high end market is so saturated. There isn't that much difference between a Lumia 640 and a 950 XL in real world performance. The Chinese are doing the right thing...good hardware on the cheap.

This is now a software and services game since all the OEMs produce good hardware now. I'm happy with keeping what I have for a while as they can run pretty well - even my Maxx if Moto decides to abandon it is still very solid on 5.0.2 (nasty battery bug and all).

It's why for such a great opportunity this is, MSFT will miss the boat again if they don't handle software updates and better integrate services...

G4 Approved

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So here is a crash course for coming out ahead on a smartphone that costs $670+tax...

T-Mobile had a BOGO for the S7 or S7Edge. I liked the S7 better so I bought two of them.
$670+$60 tax = $730 x 2 phones = $1460 out of pocket.

Promptly flipped one for a iPhone 6s and sold it. Net cash after fees/shipping etc $550
Two codes for Netflix from Samsung $240
T-Mobile Rebate $670
Two Gear VR that will arrive in 4 weeks which will have Oculus 6 game bundle with each VR - I think I can flip both of them for a few bucks as well.

But at this point in time from a cash perspective I have a free S7 in my pocket...

One word of caution - not for the faint hearted as you do need to cough up the $$ either upfront or on a monthly plan....

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I've never had a chance to work on Mac. They're not so common here, as a matter fact they're a true rarity. Same goes with Apple's tablets. The only Apple products you can see around without trying hard are iPhones and an iPod here and there.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I understand what you are saying. It is called football in Europe. The popular sport here in the US would be called American football.

I hate to call it a 'soccer'. Feels kinda humiliating having to call your sport the way someone else wants. As far as I know, football is older than American football.

I still use term 'soccer' when I'm writing on, let's call them international forums. Just don't want to create confusion since I hate to repeat myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire