WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So here is a crash course for coming out ahead on a smartphone that costs $670+tax...

T-Mobile had a BOGO for the S7 or S7Edge. I liked the S7 better so I bought two of them.
$670+$60 tax = $730 x 2 phones = $1460 out of pocket.

Promptly flipped one for a iPhone 6s and sold it. Net cash after fees/shipping etc $550
Two codes for Netflix from Samsung $240
T-Mobile Rebate $670
Two Gear VR that will arrive in 4 weeks which will have Oculus 6 game bundle with each VR - I think I can flip both of them for a few bucks as well.

But at this point in time from a cash perspective I have a free S7 in my pocket...

One word of caution - not for the faint hearted as you do need to cough up the $$ either upfront or on a monthly plan....

This takes a lot of skill and maneuvering that only you could pull off...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I have to do a favor for a friend whose been on a roll of asking for favors every six months or so. In order to kill time to meet up after work, I'm going to swing by the Sony store and a few other places to see how things look.

May stop at a T-Mobile store to check out the S7 and Fierce XL.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what to make of this but both Swappa and Moto directly are selling the X 2014 for the same prices. Guess in this situation I'd buy from Moto. I did enjoy my time with the X 2104 - without it, I wouldn't have gotten the Maxx. Battery life and camera were not up to snuff for me...but it was a fun phone to use, just like the X 2013...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, my time at the funny farm today is officially over! Gonna go see how much of a hot mess the Sony store looks like...

G4 Approved

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, my time at the funny farm today is officially over! Gonna go see how much of a hot mess the Sony store looks like...

G4 Approved

There isn't one near me and I don't make enough money to go spend it on Sony products....enjoy your time off from the funny farm :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There isn't one near me and I don't make enough money to go spend it on Sony products....enjoy your time off from the funny farm :)

The last time I went they were apparently doing some renovations, so it didn't look as great as it normally does. In fact they actually had less items in the store to look at.

We'll see how it looks today.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So after being in this location for eons, looks like Sony packed up and moved to a newer (most likely cheaper) space downtown. When in opens in the spring, I'll go check it out.

Meanwhile at nearby MSFT store on 5th Ave, things looked a little better, albeit slower. Had a chance to play with the 950 and the XL some more and still have the same opinion...

They feel sterile. Very function over form.

Kinda like the plastic backed G4 in some ways but the sloped design makes it more tolerable with the plastic back. Even the 640XL had a better feel in hand with Nokia styled curves and polycarbonate. I want to like the 950 lines, but I just feel "meh".

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

More random thoughts...the Fierce XL seemed OK, but I'd pick the 640XL instead. Didn't get to see much of it as the T-Mobile store had one with a ****ty ROM that had a long loading start screen. Cortana seemed fast enough, however.

S7 has a better in hand feel than the S6, but...still feels a bit sterile for my tastes in a different way. It's still very good, and I like the screen, but...it feels like a S6s to me. Love to hear 99's thoughts here.

I prefer the feel in hand of the S6 vs the 950, even though both are boxy phones. It isn't about the materials, Samsung just did a better job than MSFT with parts of their design. But I know these 3rd part cases spice up the 950 line, so I'll give it a pass.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

...having said that, I just find it interesting how we organize our priorities in our lives sometimes. Not all the choices we make will be correct, but I guess the fun part of the journey is to try to figure out that appropriate balance.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I can get 36 hours (2 full work days) with light to moderate usage on the G4. Doze is really nice, and flight mode makes it that much better. So far so good with the G4, but it's early days yet...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm sleepy...

Same here I just got done with homework. I got done typing a response to the primary source of the events before the dropping of the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. What I did learn was that it was unessesary to drop them seeing as they were already ready to surrender

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

More random thoughts...the Fierce XL seemed OK, but I'd pick the 640XL instead. Didn't get to see much of it as the T-Mobile store had one with a ****ty ROM that had a long loading start screen. Cortana seemed fast enough, however.

S7 has a better in hand feel than the S6, but...still feels a bit sterile for my tastes in a different way. It's still very good, and I like the screen, but...it feels like a S6s to me. Love to hear 99's thoughts here.

I prefer the feel in hand of the S6 vs the 950, even though both are boxy phones. It isn't about the materials, Samsung just did a better job than MSFT with parts of their design. But I know these 3rd part cases spice up the 950 line, so I'll give it a pass.

G4 Approved

I do like how the s7 looks but I'd be more inclined to put it in a case since it looks fragile than the 950 since its plastic. Even if the s7 came with wp installed I wouldn't buy .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I gotta say taking college history was one of the best classes I took. Using primary sources helps me understand what really happened in U.S history

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm seeing a lot more surfaces this semester than I did last..... Meanwhile I have yet to see an iPad Pro on campus ._.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett