WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I gotta say taking college history was one of the best classes I took. Using primary sources helps me understand what really happened in U.S history
Sounds like it was a good class. Unfortunately your US history class should be what they teach in high school.

There's too many people who have no clue.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people in power who would block such a move. Just like the opposition to evolution in schools.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

...having said that, I just find it interesting how we organize our priorities in our lives sometimes. Not all the choices we make will be correct, but I guess the fun part of the journey is to try to figure out that appropriate balance.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Yeah I can relate to that. It's easy to get side tracked, especially when you're entrenched in something and you need a change just for change sake.

We've been checking out wireless speaker systems but it's like the lowest priority for us. But it's a change from the hardware store. So it's nice to think about things like that.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like it was a good class. Unfortunately your US history class should be what they teach in high school.

There's too many people who have no clue.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people in power who would block such a move. Just like the opposition to evolution in schools.

I agree they should since I came out of high school thinking incorrectly about the industrial revolution , World War One and World War Two and ect.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hate to call it a 'soccer'. Feels kinda humiliating having to call your sport the way someone else wants. As far as I know, football is older than American football.

I still use term 'soccer' when I'm writing on, let's call them international forums. Just don't want to create confusion since I hate to repeat myself.
Soccer (football) is significantly older than American football.

Around the mid 1800s for the current form. But there are references to older forms of the game.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree they should since I came out of high school thinking incorrectly about the industrial revolution , World War One and World War Two and ect.

It's unlikely to happen as there's too many people want the US to be seen as some super hero country and they like their heroes perfect and boring. Revisionist history is clean and tidy, but boring as hell.

This is the reality of most history classes in the US in schools these days. It's unfortunate because more people would probably find it interesting if they were given a more realistic take on it.

You can blame the Texas school board for a lot of this too. Along with the anti-science that's come out in a lot of school text books. Since they're one of the largest school boards in the country they carry a lot of weight and many other states just use what Texas uses, even though it's wrong, bad or just pure garbage.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Anyone here play Tom Clancy's The Division on PC?

This game is amazing! It's HUGE! The amount of content is mind blowing to me... The side missions, and just the amount of detail.. wow!

I set all the graphical settings to ultra/max just to see what the game offered as far as "eye candy" goes... I managed to run it with a solid 30FPS like this on my GTX 970 and it looks amaaaaazing! Of course I scaled it back down a little afterwards to get a smooth, fluid 60FPS for real game play.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Might start a "The Division" thread in the PC section forums.. maybe try to get a Windows Central team together if anyone else here plays.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You'll land and outside of the food in some places, be itching to hear back to your side of the pond in no time...

G4 Approved

Though the UK is great and I love being in Europe we have our crackpots over here in 'little Britain'. We're currently going towards a EU referendum on whether we should stay in or leave the EU. If you want to hear how 'similar' our right wing politicians can be to the US you just need to read up on the leave campaign.

So full of revisionist history and nationalistic pride nonsense. Their slogan 'Make Britain great again'. Small mindedness. You're also welcome to look up UKIP... if you're so inclined.

The fact that Scotland will probably want out, then Wales will probably want out as well along with Northern Ireland. Great Britain won't be so great any more... it will be Little England... :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Though the UK is great and I love being in Europe we have our crackpots over here in 'little Britain'. We're currently going towards a EU referendum on whether we should stay in or leave the EU. If you want to hear how 'similar' our right wing politicians can be to the US you just need to read up on the leave campaign.

So full of revisionist history and nationalistic pride nonsense. Their slogan 'Make Britain great again'. Small mindedness. You're also welcome to look up UKIP... if you're so inclined.

The fact that Scotland will probably want out, then Wales will probably want out as well along with Northern Ireland. Great Britain won't be so great any more... it will be Little England... :p

My guess is the UK will leave and the EU will take a big hit because it's going to put the Germans in an even more powerful position.

"Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it."

These developed nations such as the UK and the US cannot be "great again". That age has long passed. Here in the US if they want to be great again, they need to sit down and clean up some of the financial wastes in the economy, reinvest that money to grow industries. One thing I agree with Republicans here is government needs to be more efficient. They'd say "smaller", I'd say less wasteful. Defund programs that don't work and expand the ones that do.

Problem is when your mantra is still excess and super profits, common sense stuff like doesn't register.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Back to the funny farm. Got a couple of meetings and two workshops this week so it should be hectic...

G4 Approved

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Anyone here play Tom Clancy's The Division on PC?

This game is amazing! It's HUGE! The amount of content is mind blowing to me... The side missions, and just the amount of detail.. wow!

I set all the graphical settings to ultra/max just to see what the game offered as far as "eye candy" goes... I managed to run it with a solid 30FPS like this on my GTX 970 and it looks amaaaaazing! Of course I scaled it back down a little afterwards to get a smooth, fluid 60FPS for real game play.

Hmmm everyone is talking about it but I haven't seen many Videos about what the game is about :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My guess is the UK will leave and the EU will take a big hit because it's going to put the Germans in an even more powerful position.

"Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it."

These developed nations such as the UK and the US cannot be "great again". That age has long passed. Here in the US if they want to be great again, they need to sit down and clean up some of the financial wastes in the economy, reinvest that money to grow industries. One thing I agree with Republicans here is government needs to be more efficient. They'd say "smaller", I'd say less wasteful. Defund programs that don't work and expand the ones that do.

Problem is when your mantra is still excess and super profits, common sense stuff like doesn't register.

G4 Approved

The issue is there's the idea and I'll call it that, of Sovereignty. Not being able to control your own country is what the leave campaign is all about.

Of course, lots of what the EU does comes out of the UK but don't tell the little people in the UK that...

What the leave campaign really wants is removal from human rights issues and control of immigration. Once those are sorted it then will become a employers paradise to reduce workers rights, reduce human rights and generally make the UK a 3rd world country in workers conditions but great if you happen to be in the 1%... Which is more or less the way it is now.

They want the UK to be 'great' again but they mean like 1800's great... If you have a right wing party who's all about serving the 1% and they are all for leaving, you should be asking yourself if it's a good idea and what their plans are (they haven't told us yet) but it's pretty obvious it's not for the benefit of the many...

Yet like always, say the right things to the disenchanted and you have a winner. They'll gladly vote for what they see as 'good for them'.

Ah stupidity. It's everywhere.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The issue is there's the idea and I'll call it that, of Sovereignty. Not being able to control your own country is what the leave campaign is all about.

Of course, lots of what the EU does comes out of the UK but don't tell the little people in the UK that...

What the leave campaign really wants is removal from human rights issues and control of immigration. Once those are sorted it then will become a employers paradise to reduce workers rights, reduce human rights and generally make the UK a 3rd world country in workers conditions but great if you happen to be in the 1%... Which is more or less the way it is now.

They want the UK to be 'great' again but they mean like 1800's great... If you have a right wing party who's all about serving the 1% and they are all for leaving, you should be asking yourself if it's a good idea and what their plans are (they haven't told us yet) but it's pretty obvious it's not for the benefit of the many...

Yet like always, say the right things to the disenchanted and you have a winner. They'll gladly vote for what they see as 'good for them'.

Ah stupidity. It's everywhere.

That's the thing. Just as those politrickians in the UK are chasing 19th century glory, the ones in the US are chasing 1950s and 1960s economic prosperity. Damn fools, fattening their own pockets at the expense of the working people who cook meals in their favorite restaurants, look after their kids, work in their favorite supermarkets, drive them around when they don't want to drive, take out their trash, make the clothes they wear, maintain their lawns and the roads they drive on.

I don't care for Trump as he's an ***** and Hillary is the same old money politricks. God, we are ****ed in the US for another 4 years...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

p8d.png

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Evening all. I've just watched the MS Keynote at Build and I'm surprised that there's no mention of Windows Phone at all. Disappointed, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb