WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm not a fan of doing things last minute when it comes to work...and of course my coworker who is going with me to the workshop tomorrow decided to finally meet last minute to figure things out. I could be selfish and shaft her *** and make her build her own sessions in a half day (especially since I've mentioned multiple times before to meet early about this, even in front of my supervisor), but I won't shaft her too badly.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

"her"????
Et tu MIA?

Of course you'd have to pounce on the typo with the same speed like the IRS are quick to garnish wages and seize assets for unpaid taxes.

Don't worry, I fixed the typo. Just walked into the office, so I'm going to jump into my work day.

G4 Approved

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I watched build last night and I thought the improvments to Cortana were cool but I think was awesome was the video of the blind man and the glasses

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Of course you'd have to pounce on the typo with the same speed like the IRS are quick to garnish wages and seize assets for unpaid taxes.

Don't worry, I fixed the typo. Just walked into the office, so I'm going to jump into my work day.

G4 Approved

It usually takes them a few years...IRS are really not known for their speediness :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My co-workers are annoyed how I check out of the group meetings.

But hey, if there's nothing in there for me, it's hard to participate...Don't get me wrong, I'm present but was forcibly removed from providing assistance because "they know it all" already.

So why check in then?

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

This last build was unbearable. All of the apps were crashing continuously, to play a different songs I had to wait for Groove to crash, re-open it, let it crash again, and then play another song, I lost multitasking (seriously, there wasn't apps running in background, at least i wasn't able to jump from one to another), Edge wasn't working at all, Photos app wanted me to sing in to my MS account every few minutes. One word - disaster.

I'm doing a hard reset at the moment hoping it will fix things, and again hoping it won't screw up syncing with PC.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Rue, Ed. Her machine is a barebone kit that I actually had put together a couple of months ago. I'll double check the manufacturer's website for more drivers but we'll see.

I am using the onboard ethernet port. She's not using anything from Optimum with her cable subscriber; like me she uses her own router and then old school Moto cable modem combo. Wifi isn't an issue here and I'm almost tempted to add a dongle as she had so many ports she's not using and ditch the Ethernet cord. I'll still take the router to make sure that it has the updated firmware as well. She's said the cable has been an issue in the past so I'll also swap it out with a spare I have.

G4 Approved

If there is an update be sure to delete the current driver completely before installing the new one. Otherwise you'll have a hell of a time.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This last build was unbearable. All of the apps were crashing continuously, to play a different songs I had to wait for Groove to crash, re-open it, let it crash again, and then play another song, I lost multitasking (seriously, there wasn't apps running in background, at least i wasn't able to jump from one to another), Edge wasn't working at all, Photos app wanted me to sing in to my MS account every few minutes. One word - disaster.

I'm doing a hard reset at the moment hoping it will fix things, and again hoping it won't screw up syncing with PC.

I never have any problems that you have. It's been smooth for me

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If there is an update be sure to delete the current driver completely before installing the new one. Otherwise you'll have a hell of a time.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll take this on this weekend, as it is annoying to use her PC and have to constantly soft reset the router to get online. If it annoys me enough I'll buy a wifi dongle, like I did for my computer. Those things run great.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today was a long day. Tomorrow doesn't look much better.

I don't know if I'm in the mood to repair and restore the lack of respect and trust that exists with my immediate colleagues. I'm totally fine with working by myself and extending support when requested, but not in the mood to do anything else. It's not personal but professionally I find their approach similar to my supervisor, who's too preoccupied with other things to really try to figure this out.

It's not that I don't care anymore, but there isn't anything in it for me anymore from a growth and development standpoint. The regulars here see me take jabs at my workplace and those who know more understand why. I'm not bitter or unhappy, moreso just ready to move on...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll take this on this weekend, as it is annoying to use her PC and have to constantly soft reset the router to get online. If it annoys me enough I'll buy a wifi dongle, like I did for my computer. Those things run great.

I might have a few dongle lying around from my Raspberry Pi kits, you can have a couple if you want.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Today was a long day. Tomorrow doesn't look much better.

I don't know if I'm in the mood to repair and restore the lack of respect and trust that exists with my immediate colleagues. I'm totally fine with working by myself and extending support when requested, but not in the mood to do anything else. It's not personal but professionally I find their approach similar to my supervisor, who's too preoccupied with other things to really try to figure this out.

It's not that I don't care anymore, but there isn't anything in it for me anymore from a growth and development standpoint. The regulars here see me take jabs at my workplace and those who know more understand why. I'm not bitter or unhappy, moreso just ready to move on...

I hope you'll be able to find a new and better job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)