WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just finished up at the school. A long 4 hours went well. Kids were into the workshops - especially my group. Need some lunch and then to transition to the regular **** at the funny farm...

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What did you end up with?
Though they're not BMW approved we got Michelin CrossClimates. They got good reviews.

BMW recommend run flats and these don't have that.

Since the car is rather old and we're not planning on keeping it too long we didn't see the point in getting really expensive tyres.

They also meet the wife's criteria of looking good.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Though they're not BMW approved we got Michelin CrossClimates. They got good reviews.

BMW recommend run flats and these don't have that.

Since the car is rather old and we're not planning on keeping it too long we didn't see the point in getting really expensive tyres.

They also meet the wife's criteria of looking good.
Well you don't have a spare or inflate kit as far as I know if car has runflat. Or am I wrong?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm digging the notification push /dismissal that is going to come to wp10 and Andriod. I am looking toward to that

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Long day...as long as I thought it would be. Looking forward to crashing in my own bed tonight...

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well you don't have a spare or inflate kit as far as I know if car has runflat. Or am I wrong?

True, we don't have a spare tyre if we get a flat which is why BMW have run flats. In the time I've been driving I've had one flat so I don't think it's a big issue. Not saying it's not a possibility but not very likely, I hope.

I get a flat it get's a tow.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

True, we don't have a spare tyre if we get a flat which is why BMW have run flats. In the time I've been driving I've had one flat so I don't think it's a big issue. Not saying it's not a possibility but not very likely, I hope.

It's not the biggest problem, we only have tyre repair kit in Laguna and every time we go anywhere far it's not so good feeling, I don't know. Spare tyre is the best, even space saver :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I became really good at changing tires back in the mid-90s. I had 3 flats in 2 months. It was almost as if my car's tires were magnets attracting nails. This happened in 3 separate locations, so it wasn't related to where I parked.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

391ee79ed0c9563eb15367ed5e4e6a81.jpg

Look what came in the mail :D

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This recent NYC weather has been like these Republican party nomination process...a damn mess.

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Same here....the last set didn't even last three years...

I'm getting the GoodYear Assurance ones.

Get an alignment done. Doesn't matter if you buy the most expensive tires you can find; if your camber or toe is off, you'll eat that rubber up in no time.

Source: I ruined a $1200 set of tires in just over a year after I lowered my car (my Intrepid) and not taking in consideration the affected negative camber.

Note: even if you don't modify your suspension (eg: lowering like I did), everyday driving can throw a normal alignment off after time. I think most vehicles' maintenance schedules call for an alignment check every 6 months/60k miles ~ or so...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Same thing with my RX8; it doesn't come with a spare! From the factory, it had the "Fix-a-Flat" can kit thing lol...

The later RX8 models had a spare tire (the mini donut type) "kit" that was available as an add on option. I carry old school plugs (and the related plug tools) in my toolbag, and a small air pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Get an alignment done. Doesn't matter if you buy the most expensive tires you can find; if your camber or toe is off, you'll eat that rubber up in no time.

Source: I ruined a $1200 set of tires in just over a year after I lowered my car (my Intrepid) and not taking in consideration the affected negative camber.

Note: even if you don't modify your suspension (eg: lowering like I did), everyday driving can throw a normal alignment off after time. I think most vehicles' maintenance schedules call for an alignment check every 6 months/60k miles ~ or so...
Alignment done three times in three and a half years 😣

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Btw, I've had Goodyear Eagle LS2s on the RX8 for about 2 years now... still holding up pretty good.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

1 week with the G4...in line with the reviews so far, both in terms of strengths and flaws.

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb