WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Mine went back because of a flaw that factory reset could not solve.

I like mine so far. It's a nice compliment to my Maxx. On it's own, at the prices they're going for, it's a great buy. In comparison to the Maxx, the only advantage is the camera, as I can argue moto's packing of hardware and software mix is closer to what I want more than LG's.

That's why I stated it is really in line with the reviews, both with the strengths and weaknesses.

G4 Approved

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I like mine so far. It's a nice compliment to my Maxx. On it's own, at the prices they're going for, it's a great buy. In comparison to the Maxx, the only advantage is the camera, as I can argue moto's packing of hardware and software mix is closer to what I want more than LG's.

That's why I stated it is really in line with the reviews, both with the strengths and weaknesses.

G4 Approved
With the Google Now launcher it was just fine for me. I might pick one up once my refund for the unit I bought comes back. In the meantime I will enjoy my 640 as usual.

Just waiting for my Surface Pro 3 to arrive tomorrow.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Hey Ed I never understood why anyone would want to get negative camber on a car. Besides thinking it eats up a tire faster. Why get it o.o?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I've got a buddy of mine who plays the drums.. Says he's been working on Tom Sawyer by Rush. He wants me to come play it with him... I've honestly never really learned that song all the way through. Come to find out, what I thought was a simple song, is actually pretty tough! It's from what, like 1981? But back when bands were talented and put a lot of musical thought into their songwriting.

Being a "drum-centric" song, the guitar parts, Alex Lifeson's solo, is exceptionally difficult for me to get the timing right. I've tried probably 50 takes tonight trying to record it! lol ugghh

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

With the Google Now launcher it was just fine for me. I might pick one up once my refund for the unit I bought comes back. In the meantime I will enjoy my 640 as usual.

Just waiting for my Surface Pro 3 to arrive tomorrow.

Enjoy the SP3.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So I've got a buddy of mine who plays the drums.. Says he's been working on Tom Sawyer by Rush. He wants me to come play it with him... I've honestly never really learned that song all the way through. Come to find out, what I thought was a simple song, is actually pretty tough! It's from what, like 1981? But back when bands were talented and put a lot of musical thought into their songwriting.

Being a "drum-centric" song, the guitar parts, Alex Lifeson's solo, is exceptionally difficult for me to get the timing right. I've tried probably 50 takes tonight trying to record it! lol ugghh
I am a huge fan of Rush and a former keyboard player. Rush is very difficult to play, since they use a lot of odd time and switch between odd/even time in the same song. Yes and ELP are equally difficult. "Tom Sawyer" isn't bad to play compared to "YYZ".

I saw Rush back in 1991 on the "Roll the Bones" tour.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Here's one of the recordings I did tonight. I'll probably get a copyright notice for playing the actual song in the background :/

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I didn't have time for it during college and don't have an instrument any more. :unhappy:

I'd love to get a Minimoog some day.
Just get an iPad and an iRig "Keys Pro" MIDI controller keyboard. That what I did for my MiniMoog fix and it sounds amazing! The Synthezizer apps will surprise you at how far they've come!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty good!
Thanks, I'm still polishing it. It'll sound a lot better recorded through the mixing/multitrack as a line-level recording rather than recorded audio of the ambient room sounds (raw sound from the guitar strings vs the actual recorded audio) by using the iPhone camera (or 1520, whichever) know what I mean?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos