WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Baseball is a very interesting sport. I get the slow paced Knock against it, and MLB has done some stuff to make the games overall slower (except for when the Boston Red Sox play the Yankees). Funny enough one of the first few games I watched when I was trying to understand the sport was a perfect game in 1999. It was after understood the rarity of it I was like "man, that was cool - wish I had taped it..."

G4 Approved
No baseball game here today. Cleveland Indians-Boston Red Sox postponed on Opening Day; game rescheduled for Tuesday afternoon | cleveland.com

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I said I was going to have a Sahib moment, but I decided not to. First thing - I was dead tired, I was barely walking, and second thing is, well, things that happened on that trip weren't that special.
We went to an old town to visit a citadel from Ottoman Empire, was kinda interesting. The most intriguing part was the dungeon, it was literally a few metres of space surrounded by walls, i don't know how one could survive a few days in there. After that few friends and I went to hookah bar, as usual. I talked that cure girl into smoking it for the first time, it was kinda fun to watch her cough :evil:
Next we went to nearby mountain. Walked to the highest point, had a coffe/tea, got back to the bus,got back to the home town.
Next she invited me to go out with her and a couple of her friends, but, as I already said, I was barely walking so I went straight home.

So, yup, not too interesting.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Oh, almost forgot. I got my first ID card. I was afraid of how good or bad my photo will be, I was almost sure that it was terrible. But as it turns out, it is actually good, very good. Even my smile looks nice, and I'm not the kind of person that knows how to smile.
Only thing that looks truly awful is my signature. What can I do, I have a bad handwriting.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm...looks like I can install the 6.0.1 soak test for the Moto Maxx...and they have it for root and non root. The only version it out for is Brazilian model and guess which one my maxx is...

My concern as always is to not to lose my data and flash it without a Nandroid back-up. Either way, I'll decide in the week and this has the makings of a weekend project. If I get 6.0.1 to run and run smoothy, I'll be using both devices interchangeably.

Man, I love XDA...

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm a huge sports fan, but whenever you guys talk about it, I feel, not stupid, but lost. Does anyone here watches soccer, handball? Nope? :winktongue:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm a huge sports fan, but whenever you guys talk about it, I feel, not stupid, but lost. Does anyone here watches soccer, handball? Nope? :winktongue:

I watch soccer, but not as much as I used to. My EPL team, the Hotspurs have had a nice year, although they should be winning the table...Leicester City is 7(!) points clear. We're 4 points clear of rival Arsenal, so that's good. Looks like if things hold up we're off to the Champions League next season.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm...looks like I can install the 6.0.1 soak test for the Moto Maxx...and they have it for root and non root. The only version it out for is Brazilian model and guess which one my maxx is...

My concern as always is to not to lose my data and flash it without a Nandroid back-up. Either way, I'll decide in the week and this has the makings of a weekend project. If I get 6.0.1 to run and run smoothy, I'll be using both devices interchangeably.

Man, I love XDA...

G4 Approved

I really wanna try this. I was surprised I didn't get the soak test invite (not really), but from what I'm seeing, if I flash it I still should be able to get the official OTA when launched. That'd be tasty indeed...

Now we just need Sony to get off their *** and launch Wear 1.4. Pretty much all the Wear watches have it...it's like Sony thought only 10 people bought the SW3 and have decided to maybe not update it until they start rolling out 6.0.1 to their phones and tablets...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Did a short ride today. Now I'm stuck in traffic going to my office...
b86c07a7bdecb421070358869186edfe.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry to say I know exactly what you mean! I've always said they "ran out" of music in the 80's. Everything that was ever good was recorded between the 50's and the 80's. Everything after that, is an already used regurgitated remix of a song that has already been written.. especially when we're talking about pop/rock songs you hear on the radio that consist no more than three chords. Don't even get me started about this rap or hip-hop stuff (notice I didn't say music?) that steals music and/or chord progressions from OUR era.

On the other hand though, I will say that all of that really only applies to mainstream radio and/or popular music (even "alternative") because great modern classical and/or technical music is still being written these days.
There are some good songs from the 90s but those weren't two of them.Even Soundgarden was startled by how popular Blackhole Sun was.

Thing is if you're going to use the word 'classic' then at least have some taste.

Hour about Alice in Chains - Man in the Box or The Rooster? Something with some meaning and sounds epic.

Not saying everything from the 50s to 80s was good either but there was at least a good mixture of music. Music just seems a bit more stale now.

Is it a age thing? :/

There are a couple of new groups that are OK but they are the exception it seems.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I couldn't agree more. It seems to me that every band that call themselves a rock band is more of a pop rock actually.
Though, rock is kinda dead for now, even Gene Simmons said that, I think metal is doing pretty fine. We still have Rammstein, Slipknot and Disturbed is getting better and better.
I don't mind heavy metal from time to time but I lean more towards alternative rock and progressive rock and just generally rock. But I'll listen to pretty much anything. I'm not a fan of country music, rap or the extreme metal stuff though. It doesn't bother me but I don't go out of my way to listen to it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really wanna try this. I was surprised I didn't get the soak test invite (not really), but from what I'm seeing, if I flash it I still should be able to get the official OTA when launched. That'd be tasty indeed...

Now we just need Sony to get off their *** and launch Wear 1.4. Pretty much all the Wear watches have it...it's like Sony thought only 10 people bought the SW3 and have decided to maybe not update it until they start rolling out 6.0.1 to their phones and tablets...

Looks like I'll pass on this. I'll need to unlock the bootloader first. I'll just wait on the OTA instead.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey Rue, having fun watching paint dry yet? Or shall I send over my supervisor for a more painful distraction?

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion