WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't mind heavy metal from time to time but I lean more towards alternative rock and progressive rock and just generally rock. But I'll listen to pretty much anything. I'm not a fan of country music, rap or the extreme metal stuff though. It doesn't bother me but I don't go out of my way to listen to it.

Neither was I, but as time went by I kinda wanted more rough sound, so I ended up with Slipknot and Rammstein. Don't get me wrong, I still listen to rock, stuff like Aerosmith, Heart, Whitesnake, even older stuff like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, you get it.
The only genre I truly hate is turbo folk, you folks don't have it there in US or any other parts of the world, it's Balkan thing, and I hate it as much as one could hate something. I don't mind rap - when it makes sense. Rock and rap are great mixture if you do it right, RATM and Linkin Park are great examples.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's been a while since I've seen them in Champions League. It seems to me that they're struggling ever since Bale left the team. I've always liked them, as a matter fact I like most of the Premier League teams. There might be some hate towards Manchester United, just because they're strong on words but show absolutely nothing on the field.

Are you going to watch the World Cup this year?

While I watch the EPL, only team I like are the Spurs. I'll half root for rival Arsenal when the Spurs are having a ****ty year. Don't like Man U or Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool either. Bale was a loss, but we knew he was leaving.

No World Cup this year as this is an Olympic year. But there will be Euro 2016 which I'll watch. I root for the Germans, usually.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rolling in pregnant people this morning...been seeing a fair amount of them the past two weeks...

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

While I watch the EPL, only team I like are the Spurs. I'll half root for rival Arsenal when the Spurs are having a ****ty year. Don't like Man U or Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool either. Bale was a loss, but we knew he was leaving.

No World Cup this year as this is an Olympic year. But there will be Euro 2016 which I'll watch. I root for the Germans, usually.

G4 Approved

Oh I totally forgot about Chelsea. The only club I truly hate, I can't stand them. I didn't hate them at all few years back until they started doing, well, what they still are. Simply ruining the game. I'm a hardcore Bayern fan and I couldn't believe my eyes what happened in 2012 CL finals. The only corner they had during the entire game led them to 1:1. And they won after a penalties. Oh, and don't forget that Robben missed one for Bayern during the game. He even took the ball from Gomez (I think it was Gomez).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh I totally forgot about Chelsea. The only club I truly hate, I can't stand them. I didn't hate them at all few years back until they started doing, well, what they still are. Simply ruining the game. I'm a hardcore Bayern fan and I couldn't believe my eyes what happened in 2012 CL finals. The only corner they had during the entire game led them to 1:1. And they won after a penalties. Oh, and don't forget that Robben missed one for Bayern during the game. He even took the ball from Gomez (I think it was Gomez).

I like Bayern in the Bundesliga, PSG in the French league, Deportivo in LA Liga, AJAX in the Dutch League, Celtic in the Scottish league, Juventus in Serie A and Galatasary in the Turkish league.

Used to watch these clubs alot but not as much these days...

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I like Bayern in the Bundesliga, PSG in the French league, Deportivo in LA Liga, AJAX in the Dutch League, Celtic in the Scottish league, Juventus in Serie A and Galatasary in the Turkish league.

Used to watch these clubs alot but not as much these days...

G4 Approved

We're pretty much on the same page there. Except that my favourite in LA Liga is Atletico Madrid and honestly, I hardy ever watch Scottish league.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So, 2 minutes into the game and Bayern has already scored. This will be an interesting match.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We're pretty much on the same page there. Except that my favourite in LA Liga is Atletico Madrid and honestly, I hardy ever watch Scottish league.

I used to like Atletico back in the days. Glad to see them back on their feet...they had a really dark stretch a few years ago. Not a fan of Real or Barca. Deportivo is kinda so-so right now...

I watched the Scots whenever I could as the games and decent. Honestly, I've watched Boca v River Plate in Argentinian soccer, which is as big as Barca v Real. Watched the Mexican league's biggest rivalry game back in the days too. US soccer is OK, but I don't have a team I like.

Just don't make time for it anymore as I used to...

G4 Approved

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

For some unknown reason I started receiving emails from WC which I thought I turned off ages ago...
There's a bug with all of the Mobile Nations sites. Some people are getting duplicate emails. I submitted a bug report, and tech is looking into it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

After navigating 2(!) incidents during rush hour on the biggest lines in the entire MTA system, I finally get to the GF's. That alone was exhausting, but it was just adding on top of seeing a good chunk of pregnant people today. I need a cold beer but didn't stop to get one. Guess I'll make due with some ice cream instead...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I popped into the AT&T store to check out the G5. For the record, I hate T-Mobile in their stores bolting down the phones so you cannot pick them up and get a good feel of the device in hand to spend quality in-sotre time with it.

I'm impressed with the feel in hand of the S7. Haven't had a phone fit so nicely in hand since...Moto X 2013. Samsung did a great job there. I don't like the Edge line the feel in hand to me is horrible for the S7 Edge. Samsung did a nice job tweaking the S7. It reminds me of the S2 in that I'd be open to adding it onto my shopping list if I were getting a 2016 phone. Still don't like some of the stuff Samsung is doing, but the S7 is worth some of the hype for me.

As for the G5, believe it or not I'd be more inclined to buy it over the S7. For my needs its a clear win, but not a very clear upgrade from the G4. For me, the G4 has a better fit in hand, even though it's a bigger device. But comparing them side by side, the G5 isn't really that much smaller than the G4. I love comparatively speaking how clean the new LG UI looks. It still feels like LG but not as...cartoonist. I'd still drop Nova on it though, but the sub menus (even though they're awash with white) feel cleaner to the eye to browse through. The app drawer fiasco is overblown.

I like the G5's camera idea. They went M8, but instead of the bokeh effects, that wide angle is damn useful. I'd kill this for nature and large group photos. I secretly wished they'd just used two 16MP independent duo cams and allowed for some serious oversampling (and making the camera grip really be a killer module for that), but as is, it's very useful. I still think the S7 is slightly ahead, but the gap between the two is small.

Phone seemingly flies on the S820 and the fingerprint scanner feels nice. Love the screen...very crisp. The G5 looks to be good enough this year, but here's the truth:

The S7 will sell more. It isn't about the modular concept so much on the G5 that has it a tick behind, but there a little things like making sure the module fits all the way in, how they made the phone flatter and narrower but not smaller, the lack of built into Qi...the G5 is very good but the S7 has a better "attention to detail to the little things that people can appreciate more, kinda like Apple" feel to it.

Personally, I'd buy the G5. The shortcomings I listed above don't scare me and the camera is in my wheelhouse. I think the same is for LG like most Android OEMs- tweak the software, refine the modular concept and they're in good shape. I just would look to next year. Now being a G4 owner, I wouldn't drop the G4 for the G5. But if my G4 broke and I had the cash I'd definitely grab a G5.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think LG has made two very nice devices in the G4 and G5 in consecutive years. But while they're strong enough in certain areas, as an overall package I don't think by sales volume they're strong enough to overtake the S6 and S7.

I'm sure OEMs are in a weird place. Android is uber competitive on a hardware level. You'd think Windows would be a viable option, but it has its own perception issues in terms of apps, marketability and profitability. Very interesting times indeed...

G4 Approved

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I do wonder how OEMs will cope when android and chrome come together. Will it be as open or will it be locked down to point where OEMs can't mess with it?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Ugh all this talk about android on 'windows central' lmao. Do you guys talk about anything interesting :D let's see some actual wp user chime on in so I can be entertained :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do wonder how OEMs will cope when android and chrome come together. Will it be as open or will it be locked down to point where OEMs can't mess with it?

That's a very good question. We'll see. I'm sure that they will make the adjustments that they need to make.

It still points to the idea that all these OEMs are chasing the ghosts of Apple's iPhone 3GS-4S profit days. They saw how much of a killing Apple made in building their brand and wants a piece of that action. Problem is, everyone is building quality hardware but not everyone is building a quality experience. That's saturated the high end market now.

This is the sandbox MSFT is playing in. They're trying to build a quality experience, but the scale they operate on is so large that they run the risk of people not caring anymore if they do it in a successful enough manner...

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos