WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just scored another sale over on the auto forums. Sold a set of 300M Special side mirrors that have been collecting dust in my garage for the last 2-3 years... Cha Ching!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd like the record to show that I didn't read any of those lengthy posts where everyone was debating over the platforms and all over the last 3-4 pages... not a single word.

I'll just be over here in the corner with my iPhone 6S Plus and my Windows 10 gaming PC having a good ole time!

Well, I could summarize for you, but because I'm in a "no bull****" mood today, my summary could be misinterpreted as an attempt to rehash those few pages...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This has been old patients week so far at work for me. Had a very good combo with a 23 y.o. mom whom I've worked with in the past some who has been coming to the office for care for 10(!) years. We were cracking up because I've been here for 9 years and we always run into each other periodically. She told me she told the PA who saw her today "I know where his office is, I can go and you don't have to walk me over."

I'm fortunate enough to have a few regulars like that who like me well enough that I get to see them often enough and we have solid running conversations about life...especially when they're actually interested and vested in listening. I know it is about earning trust, so consistency is key...but you've also got to acknowledge when people are making strides and give them positive affirmations.

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

All in all, I'm satisfied with the tech I have. I know the regulars have heard me say this before,but there's nothing compelling to reach into my wallet to buy so far. As much as I like the G5, I'm not selling my recently bought G4 for it.

But the year is young and I'm looking forward to the announcements. Hope HTC pulls a rabbit out of its hat next week.

G4 Approved

If the leaks are true, it would be the nicest phone on the market, at least for me. As far as I've seen, the design is simply beautiful, and benchmarks are showing it to be even stronger than S7. But those are just leaks, we have yet to see it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So in my gaming ventures, I just realized last night that I can get the Unreal 4 engine and Unreal Tournament Pre Alpha all for free.

Being a former map maker/level designer, this new U4 stuff is really interesting (though what I'm really waiting for is the "Snap-map" editor for the new Doom!) I've made maps for the old school Doom, Hexen, Quake (I, II, and III) as well as the Source engine games: Half Life, Counter Strike, HL2 deathmatch etc with the "Hammer" editor.

*sigh*

My free time is always dwindling away...

U4 cost as much as you want to pay, am I right? Or is that Cry Engine? One of the two is for sure, lol.

I'm making CS maps from time to time, that is I'm attempting to do it with the Hammer editor. Never had the will to finish any of them. Even if I wanted to do it now it's all stuck on my old PC's hard drive, along with ~50? worth of steam keys.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

One of the conversations here started the way I don't like to start my conversations - One guy who thinks he knows it all and will never back down no matter how good arguments his 'opponent' makes, and on the other side a whole bunch of people stuck in stupid wrangle with no way out. That's why I didn't join.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'd like the record to show that I didn't read any of those lengthy posts where everyone was debating over the platforms and all over the last 3-4 pages... not a single word.

I'll just be over here in the corner with my iPhone 6S Plus and my Windows 10 gaming PC having a good ole time!

I just skipped the whole page.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If the leaks are true, it would be the nicest phone on the market, at least for me. As far as I've seen, the design is simply beautiful, and benchmarks are showing it to be even stronger than S7. But those are just leaks, we have yet to see it.

HTC has made good looking phones for YEARS. Nobody questions their chops there. What they need is to improve the weakness such as CAMERA, PRICE, MARKETING. I'd love them to offer Qi out the box on a metal phone since Qualcomm says either the 820 (I think) or newer will offer wireless charging through metal chassis. I'm not sure because I cannot remember the article where this year I had seen that Qualcomm had announced they had a solution that allowed this. If HTC has this in the M10, that's a nice move.

We'll see what they do. I want them to do well so they can push others too.

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

HTC has made good looking phones for YEARS. Nobody questions their chops there. What they need is to improve the weakness such as CAMERA, PRICE, MARKETING. I'd love them to offer Qi out the box on a metal phone since Qualcomm says either the 820 (I think) or newer will offer wireless charging through metal chassis. I'm not sure because I cannot remember the article where this year I had seen that Qualcomm had announced they had a solution that allowed this. If HTC has this in the M10, that's a nice move.

We'll see what they do. I want them to do well so they can push others too.

G4 Approved

Well prices here are always astronomical, that's no surprise to me. But the camera really is atrocious on these things. I mean, they have nice cameras, but can't compare to Samsung's or LG's, not even in their wildest dreams.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Heard those were two nice spots to visit also.

G4 Approved

We had a choice to go to Verona, Italy (and nearby places), Central Europe which would include visiting cities like Prague, Budapest, Vienna and similar, or Spain (somewhere near Barcelona, i can't remember where exactly, but this one would include going to Verona, Venice, and also on our way back we'd go to Monaco and Monte Carlo).

We picked Spain. It's also the most expensive one, but hey, you only get one prom trip.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

U4 cost as much as you want to pay, am I right? Or is that Cry Engine? One of the two is for sure, lol.

I'm making CS maps from time to time, that is I'm attempting to do it with the Hammer editor. Never had the will to finish any of them. Even if I wanted to do it now it's all stuck on my old PC's hard drive, along with ~50€ worth of steam keys.

Yeah, I think there's a thing where you can donate to the development.. but...

I've done a few maps with Hammer. It's a fantastic editor!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The new tyres on the car are great. The ride is so much smoother. Now just need to fix the last little bits on the car and it will be good. :)

Got new tires on my car yesterday and they are awesome! Such a huge difference in ride quality

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Not yet. It's on the list but it doesn't overly interest me that much at the moment. I'm more keen on Austria or some of the east EU countries.

I recommend Poland - Krakow, Wroclaw and Czech Republic. Also Croatia would be high on my list. I hear good things about Budapest as well.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

We had a choice to go to Verona, Italy (and nearby places), Central Europe which would include visiting cities like Prague, Budapest, Vienna and similar, or Spain (somewhere near Barcelona, i can't remember where exactly, but this one would include going to Verona, Venice, and also on our way back we'd go to Monaco and Monte Carlo).

We picked Spain. It's also the most expensive one, but hey, you only get one prom trip.
We went to Greece, you don't really have much from it except hangover :p. Ok not really but I was quite tired after a week around. And I still haven't post pictures over here... Some day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb