WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I recommend Poland - Krakow, Wroclaw and Czech Republic. Also Croatia would be high on my list. I hear good things about Budapest as well.
Speaking of Croatia, I'm finally back from Zagreb. Me and one friend went to Zagreb today after school (about 1h drive ;) ) . Reason, Zagreb Motor Show, my first after 10 years. Loved it, more pictures tomorrow, for now only one teaser of the hottest car there ;)
dc8c916aaff89e499e157f493e759996.jpg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Android fanatics, I am buying an android phone...

Thankfully not for myself(my standards haven't dropped that low) but for my Step-dad. He likes Android, sadly, though I am trying to talk him into getting a WIndows 10 device which I would happily buy.

Still for his Bday, he wants a new phone. Any recommendations of what to get?
Preferably less than $300(I haven't even brought myself a 950 yet so he aint getting anything too crazy).

I was doing some research (Got bored) on the Asus Zenfone and One Plus models.

I also thought about Blu.

Basically something that'll work well with Att for him.

My candidates are

1. Asus Zenfone
2. Oneplus whatever
3. Nexus 5X(I saw a good deal for it)

Anything else I should be looking at?
He presently uses an HTC desire 610(a gophone) which is pretty crap....even for android standards.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Thankfully not for myself(my standards haven't dropped that low) but for my Step-dad. He likes Android, sadly, though I am trying to talk him into getting a WIndows 10 device which I would happily buy.

Preferably less than $300(I haven't even brought myself a 950 yet so he aint getting anything too crazy).

My candidates are

1. Asus Zenfone
2. Oneplus whatever

He presently uses an HTC desire 610(a gophone) which is pretty crap....even for android standards.
Nexus 5X. It gets monthly updates directly from Google, and it will get the Android N update. It has no bloatware. It supports Android Pay, since it has NFC.

On the OnePlus X and AT&T radio support http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-x-and-att-support

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of Croatia, I'm finally back from Zagreb. Me and one friend went to Zagreb today after school (about 1h drive ;) ) . Reason, Zagreb Motor Show, my first after 10 years. Loved it, more pictures tomorrow, for now only one teaser of the hottest car there ;)
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160406/dc8c916aaff89e499e157f493e759996.jpg

Is this the Rimac? Ive seen something like this in Asphalt 8, so that's why I'm asking...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura, what was the last live sporting event you've gone to in Cleveland?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My candidates are

1. Asus Zenfone
2. Oneplus whatever

LG G4 from Buydig on eBay brand new for $289.99.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Eh the LG G4 is nice but it is a bit dated.
Nexus 5X isn't too bad tbh

What about Huawei? I actually like the design of their phones.
Is the P8 lite any good?

What about the Alcatel OneTouch Idol? Since I use the Fierce XL partially alongside my 1520 and I sort of like them.
I am looking for deals on Moto as I know they have good batteries(I used to rock the Droid razrs) even with crappy cameras.

I am trying to get him onto team lumia but a lack of choice makes that hard.
Nexus 5X. It gets monthly updates directly from Google, and it will get the Android N update. It has no bloatware. It supports Android Pay, since it has NFC.

On the OnePlus X and AT&T radio support On the OnePlus X and AT&T radio support | Android Central

LG G4 from Buydig on eBay brand new for $289.99.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It was a lot of fun, especially with the Q Arena completely full.

That's great to hear you had a good time. I wanted to go to a Knicks game, but the prices here are insane. I may go to a Nets game because they're bad and cheaper. The last local sports event I went to was in old Yankee Stadium. I went to old Shea Stadium too. Those games were fun. Haven't gone to any other local ones because they're so expensive.

I may go to a Rutgers football game though. Definitely want to experience that college football atmosphere.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Blu needs to release their Vivo 5/XL 5.5 on Windows 10 mobile and so does Honor.

Beautiful devices using an ugly OS.
Windows 10 would look great on them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd recommend going to Prague, or Budapest, or both.
Been to Prague, great place. Budapest is on the list.

So are all those other places that 99 mentioned.

The good part about Europe is that everything is pretty close, the bad thing about Europe is that everything is so close.

So much to see, if you like to travel.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cool. I want to go to Europe one of these days. Probably will do the UK and France and Spain thing. Heard Cape Verdes isn't bad but got to do some research there...

G4 Approved
The pictures look nice for Cape Verde. Kind of Caribbean looking.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever heard of the place. Probably have but forgot.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Huawei makes the Nexus 6P if I'm not mistaken. But of course it's way over your $300 budget.

Apparently you can buy it for 199 via google Fi.....if that deal is still going on in May, I may bite.
That being said, the honor 5x and the Blu Vivo 5.5 is really catching my eye for him.

of course I have a month to convince him to choose the better os/hardware in Lumia but I have to find a decent lumia....likely a 640 XL. My 1520 is too big for him and the 830/640(While good) I think are a bit small.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss