WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh my....
So I posted I might do a lagdroid challenge with a friend and I am actually considering taking it up. Only reason is because of how the zealots of android try to hype up the OS as being so much better than WP(BS I call) and also because I want to prove him wrong that I can last using an Android phone.

I am trying to convince him to let me just do an IOS challenge...since IOS is actually a quality OS compared to lagdroid....But eh he wants to be difficult.

On the flipside, he'll be utilizing WIndows 10 exclusively with my 1520 should we decide to do the swap.

180 days with Android? Really?

Someone may need to have me on observation because I may throw the phone or myself in front of a speeding truck....
I wish he would have said BB10 or even old Symbian.

Loser has to buy the Winner's flagship phone of choice...For him i'd have to buy whatever SAmsung BS flagship comes out later this year

and for me it'll likely be him buying a 950 XL or HP Elite X3 if I decide to go bold and use another OEM(highly unlikely).

So of course I can't lose.

But I of course haven't accepted the challenge.

Restrictions:
1. He has to use All Microsoft Apps on Windows 10(He primarily uses google which for him isn't entirely too difficult.

2. I cant make Android look like Windows 10 with a launcher. I have to use/accept Android as it is with it is boring/dated icons and looks and feel.

3. We can carry a secondary phone but it can never have the sim card in it and be used as a primary device(my Fierce XL would be my companion phone)

4. I have to use Google Apps(Ew) primarily unless school requires Microsoft(Which it will). Which means I'll have to use gmail. Even grosser.
[/LIST]

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Nice. I'm curious to see how it runs when you load up on all the apps and data from regular usage...which did you get: a 16GB or 32GB? What color?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but since posting here regularly you've gone from a Lumia 820 to a Moto G 2014 to a Nexus 5X?

G4 Approved
Oh it's not mine, it's test phone, like S5 and Lumia 930 were a while back. But if I like it I might go for it :)
It's 32 GB black model.
And as far as phones are concerned you are right(except Nexus as I said). Maybe I had Nokia C6-01 at the start but probably not.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Not for a year and a half, I still have Lumia 820 to play with in my drawer but I have been using Moto G since the start of 2015. Sorry but apps are lacking on WP, at least they were back than.
An 820? Hmm.
Well again that is quite intriguing but to each their own :) Was just curious is all.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

An 820? Hmm.
Well again that is quite intriguing but to each their own :) Was just curious is all.
I had Lumia 820, when they released L830 I didn't like it so decided to stick to Lumia 820 and bought Galaxy Tab Pro, liked that one so much I bought Moto G ( and Snapchat was removes from WP)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh my....
So I posted I might do a lagdroid challenge with a friend and I am actually considering taking it up. Only reason is because of how the zealots of android try to hype up the OS as being so much better than WP(BS I call) and also because I want to prove him wrong that I can last using an Android phone.

I am trying to convince him to let me just do an IOS challenge...since IOS is actually a quality OS compared to lagdroid....But eh he wants to be difficult.

On the flipside, he'll be utilizing WIndows 10 exclusively with my 1520 should we decide to do the swap.

180 days with Android? Really?

Someone may need to have me on observation because I may throw the phone or myself in front of a speeding truck....
I wish he would have said BB10 or even old Symbian.

Loser has to buy the Winner's flagship phone of choice...For him i'd have to buy whatever SAmsung BS flagship comes out later this year

and for me it'll likely be him buying a 950 XL or HP Elite X3 if I decide to go bold and use another OEM(highly unlikely).

So of course I can't lose.

But I of course haven't accepted the challenge.

Restrictions:
1. He has to use All Microsoft Apps on Windows 10(He primarily uses google which for him isn't entirely too difficult.

2. I cant make Android look like Windows 10 with a launcher. I have to use/accept Android as it is with it is boring/dated icons and looks and feel.

3. We can carry a secondary phone but it can never have the sim card in it and be used as a primary device(my Fierce XL would be my companion phone)

4. I have to use Google Apps(Ew) primarily unless school requires Microsoft(Which it will). Which means I'll have to use gmail. Even grosser.
[/LIST]

Lol I want friends like that! Heck id even take up that challenge. Though can you use a google launcher to make it closer to stock android? If I ever went to andriod it would have to be phone with cyanomod, oxygen OS, or stock andriod. I dislike the customization that OEM do to the phone

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Not for a year and a half, I still have Lumia 820 to play with in my drawer but I have been using Moto G since the start of 2015. Sorry but apps are lacking on WP, at least they were back than.

If only 6snap was still on wp! Even to this day a year and a half later snapchat is missing futures that 6snap had that are way useful than stickers smh

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I had Lumia 820, when they released L830 I didn't like it so decided to stick to Lumia 820 and bought Galaxy Tab Pro, liked that one so much I bought Moto G ( and Snapchat was removes from WP)

Remember the 6snap ! ( reference to remember the Alamo )

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Lol I want friends like that! Heck id even take up that challenge. Though can you use a google launcher to make it closer to stock android? If I ever went to andriod it would have to be phone with cyanomod, oxygen OS, or stock andriod. I dislike the customization that OEM do to the phone
Haha we are really good friends.

I can use android launchers but it would be cheating if i tried to make it windows phone like (well knockoff since Android windows launchers are crap)

Tbh unless I can get him to agree to IOS I may not take it.

1. Out of principle. Why would I want to support anything google after how they treat windows users?

2. I strongly support Microsoft products and plus I wouldn't be able to enjoy Redstone in the coming months.

3. The Android ui is terrible regardless of stock,oem customization or cyanogen mod. There is just crap and less crap. I truly question people and their thought process who prefer this ui over metro

And

4. Google services are inferior to Microsoft services. Having to use Gmail or google drive over outlook and OneDrive is sickening.

Of course plus side is I could always use Dropbox.i Dont trust google with any of my data.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

[TIP]We respect all choices here and must uphold any members respectful participation no matter which platform.
There will be no tolerance for trashing or any insults directed against anyone for using or switching to an alternative.
1: Please stay on the topic at hand
2: Allow others to participate without having their personal choice degraded with unacceptable replies.[/TIP]

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

[tip]we respect all choices here and must uphold any members respectful participation no matter which platform.
There will be no tolerance for trashing or any insults directed against anyone for using or switching to an alternative.
2: Allow others to participate without having their personal choice degraded with unacceptable replies.[/tip]

thank you

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Please stop.

You do realize all I did was ask if they used windows phone or not, right? And after they explained their situation I said no more about it.

I apologize if the simple inquiry is an issue for you but my curious mind simply wonders how many of windows central members actually use windows phone. That's all :)

No harm meant.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Back on the topic I mentioned earlier...

The idol 3 is awesome with the reverse ui. If you take out the poor os it runs, I wouldn't mind seeing the same hardware with windows 10. Hoping that superphone from Alcatel will have a similar design.

Windows 10 mobile would be cool if it had the reverse ui. I actually like the device a lot, os aside.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

[TIP]We respect all choices here and must uphold any members respectful participation no matter which platform.
2: Allow others to participate without having their personal choice degraded with unacceptable replies.[/TIP]

No worries Laura that was not my intent by any means. Though I do want to point out, since it was mentioned by you, this same rile doesn't apparently extend to those users who switch from the platform and degrade those who do continue to.use windows mobile. One perfect example would be In the switching platforms thread.

But as I said that wasn't my intent :) just having a discussion is all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't read a word of the previous posts. I prefer to keep it that way. Just wish there ignore function was better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro