WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh it's not mine, it's test phone, like S5 and Lumia 930 were a while back. But if I like it I might go for it :)
It's 32 GB black model.
And as far as phones are concerned you are right(except Nexus as I said). Maybe I had Nokia C6-01 at the start but probably not.

Thanks for the reminder. I did remember when you took that 930 for a test run also...

Well, let us know what you think. It was a device I was seriously looking at until I went with the G4 instead.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I didn't read a word of the previous posts. I prefer to keep it that way. Just wish there ignore function was better.

Nearly three years on this thread without a stretch of truly abrasively phrased comments until now? I think we've had a good run so far.

I just treat it here now like I do at work, side step and avoid trainwrecks when I see them approaching or in progress.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
[TIP]We respect all choices here and must uphold any members respectful participation no matter which platform.
There will be no tolerance for trashing or any insults directed against anyone for using or switching to an alternative.
1: Please stay on the topic at hand
2: Allow others to participate without having their personal choice degraded with unacceptable replies.[/TIP]

Well, out of respect for Laura, I had a different way I wanted to say this I won't say now that you've posted this...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nearly three years on this thread without a stretch of truly abrasively phrased comments until now? I think we've had a good run so far.

I just treat it here now like I do at work, side step and avoid trainwrecks when I see them approaching or in progress.

We've had previous abrasive times before, to the point we lost one of the regulars...

I just don't need that kind of nonsense in my life now. Just a little over it.

What I don't understand if someone is on my ignore list I can still see crap. I don't want to see it. That's why I've ignored them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm currently in the Portrait Gallery. They have a cafe where you can charge your devices and laptops. Very handy.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

The standby time on the Lumia 1520 is amazing. Three hours ago my phone said low battery and it had 6%.

I pick it up expecting it to be dead and come to find out, it isn't lmao.

Simply the best smartphone :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

The standby time on the Lumia 1520 is amazing. Three hours ago my phone said low battery and it had 6%.

I pick it up expecting it to be dead and come to find out, it isn't lmao.

Simply the best smartphone :)
Wp is odd obe with this standby time. Sometimes it uses almost nothing, next day battery is dead in half a day. Mum has had quite some problems with her 520, so did I with 820 back than but I could feel it heating in my pocket so I did a reboot, mum doesn't as she doesn't use a phone a whole lot.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Oh and about LG Leon my dad bought a while ago, loves it, battery lasts for a week almost ( he uses it for calls and SMS only). But he does have internet all time on for weather.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We've had previous abrasive times before, to the point we lost one of the regulars...

I just don't need that kind of nonsense in my life now. Just a little over it.

What I don't understand if someone is on my ignore list I can still see crap. I don't want to see it. That's why I've ignored them.

I'll slightly disagree on one point. Chregu's situation was more of a one on one type deal. What I'm talking about is what is different with this is that one person is annoying most of the regular posters by using the same sort of approach that has led to multiple threads they've posted on been closed relatively soon afterwards.

I don't get how you walk into a space designed for people to talk about other things than Windows Phone, spew your dislike something people are talking about and phrase parts of your comments in a trolling and inflammatory way and not expect someone to get pissed off and then highlight the text you don't understand essentially why what is being discussed on a Windows site and bring up experiences in other threads as to why you take the stance you do.

If it were one person saying it, you can write that off. But when you see the whole group starting to react to it, sometimes you have to ask "is it what I said or how I said what I said?"

I'll repeat it again: there are many dual OS users amongst the regular posters on this specific thread. Android is the more of the common alternative the regulars uses, so lurkers will see lots of educated Android talk. Regular posters here have used Windows Phone since the WP8 2012 devices. Some still have their WP, but it's not a daily driver for different reasons. Many still use some kind of Windows based service or product. People post mini-reviews of new tech because a lot of people lurk and are interested in what people who can see if something's appealing for them. No one of the regulars here preaches superiority of one OS or product over the other. You can ask Sahib that, whose read over 85% of the thread since he started posting here (which is two years worth of posts).

I guess it might be a millennial thing or maybe an American educational thing where people are taught to "see and not read", " pretend to hear and not really listen ".

It's funny as I deal with this sort of stuff all the time at work, both with patients and the younger staff people too. Had a girl in my office this week as a patient...pretty looking Hispanic female (who for me was wearing a bit more make-up than she really needed to as she has some natural beauty, but that's her choice). She gets a lot of suitors and her way of staying STI free is to test every 3 months. Now, I'm speaking with her and she keeps rushing to get out of my office? Why? Because she's in a mindset that she knows it all since she tests every 3 months; yet because of her beauty, she has multiple partners and doesn't use condoms consistently.

Doesn't add up, right? Well it does. There is some baggage there she is not fully owning yet, and it is spilling out into her sex life and her health. She's not in a situation where she's being controlled by a pimp or is trading sex for money. It's a situation of likely experiencing some trauma in her life prior and choosing to handle things this way. When the doctors point out her testing is reactionary and not as helpful with multiple partners if condoms aren't used consistently, she gets defense and resistant.

Why compare both situations, or mention the plight of my newer colleagues? Well, the common thread is many (especially young) people don't like to own their own ****, especially when called out on it. Owning your own **** is hard, but that's how people who are choosing to grow, will grow. People talk about how this in the internet and everybody can lie easily; while that's true, many people who post online post from the perspective of their real personalities...so you can't always hide things well.

We'll see what happens going forward, but I'm still side stepping train wrecks when I see them. I'm done with the commentary on this note after this post.

G4 Approved

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh and about LG Leon my dad bought a while ago, loves it, battery lasts for a week almost ( he uses it for calls and SMS only). But he does have internet all time on for weather.
LG has some really nice standby times, my tablet would never die in less than a week whereas my Nexus 7 would be done in a few days.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You do realize all I did was ask if they used windows phone or not, right? And after they explained their situation I said no more about it.

I apologize if the simple inquiry is an issue for you but my curious mind simply wonders how many of windows central members actually use windows phone. That's all :)

No harm meant.
I use a 640 as a daily driver. I have a tablet plan and a spare line and on those two SIM cards I play with all types of devices, it's a hobby not a religion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99