WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Any lags while gaming?

G4 Approved
Nope, none so far, only tried Asphalt 8 and Thumb Drift though. So far so good, and camera is nice, and most importantly, fast :)
80311c1d7dfa44ca38ba58da87855d2b.jpg
52f302ab05bdb57c8bf1ccf46cd7bd04.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nope, none so far, only tried Asphalt 8 and Thumb Drift though. So far so good, and camera is nice, and most importantly, fast :)
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160408/80311c1d7dfa44ca38ba58da87855d2b.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160408/52f302ab05bdb57c8bf1ccf46cd7bd04.jpg

Nice. The only reason I didn't get one is that my storage needs are 64GB for fixed internal or 32GB + micro SD. Plus I didn't like the price point...

G4 Approved

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Nice. The only reason I didn't get one is that my storage needs are 64GB for fixed internal or 32GB + micro SD. Plus I didn't like the price point...

G4 Approved
It's 325? on Amazon in Europe so it's not too bad :) Maybe I should go for it... :D

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

How bright is the screen on the nexus? I ask because SOT for me isn't a good indication of battery life :p
I have it on automatic and than slider on the half. It's brighter than one on Moto, good enough for me but I would have to try it in direct sunlight.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I've always never understood this mentality of talking about someone indirectly (as in talking around them) instead of directly. It's passive aggressive.

I am not trying to be argumentative in the least. One, I have work shortly so I don't feel like exerting unnecessary energy when i'll soon be dealing with moronic people for barely acceptable pay lmao. I am merely explaining myself and also pointing out a slight hypocrisy.

1. You cant blame me for threads being closed...the threads are not closed because of me. If not solely....It does take at least 2 people to tango(or in this case debate). What I've noticed is that people on WC do not being called out and challenged.

HTC related threads.....Even when HTC is proven to be wrong, somehow pointing out that poor track record is an issue. I can point this out in several threads that have been closed. It's never my Intent to get threads. I admin my own forum and I don't close threads as I am not looking to stifle argument. I prefer to let individuals hash it out themselves unless some serious insults have been thrown around that cause me to intervene.

2. This space is designed for people to talk about things other than WP? Okay I get your point there...except wait, that means we can talk about things that are not related to WP. Which means I should have the right to express my dislike about a product and/or OS. After all isn't that what a good portion of WC does with Windows 10 mobile? Or is only fair when people express dislike for Windows 10 mobile send that is the current trend?

3. Furthermore, I was confused as to why there was such a heavy android talk on a Windows talk(Same as I would be if this was an anime forum and it was constantly talking about College Basketball). I never said that people couldn't nor shouldn't be allowed. I merely asked why and I left it at that.

I also was curious if the user was a Windows Phone user or not....as I was just curious their experience with Windows Phone.

I simply asked because I truly wonder are Imore and Androidcentral quite as heavy on the discussions of competing OS on their forum the way WC is....

4. If you are getting upset because someone is speaking negatively about your OS choice and hardware choice, I implore you to reevaluate and refocus. It's not that serious. It's a phone and OS and we're discussing this on a forum.

5. As far as a group? I don't post here regularly in this thread, generally because most of the conversation revolves around Android or I just don't care.

But I see the same few people posting and it does come off as cliqueish. I do have to point, outside of the select few that have an issue with me, I don't have issues with majority of people. I've been here nearly 4 years. Some have an issue with my blunt and in your face personality (True for many people in my real life) and then others applaud me for it and I am also one of the few people who wish for WC to be more of a community instead of this Warzone and cliqueish thing it has become. I personally do not care if I am disliked or liked but let's not make it out to be as if I am a problem for the community.

5. I am a dual user...so how come I can't give my opinions because I am not agreeing with you that Android is god's gift to man? Forgive me for not praising my google overlords.

6. You do realize your comments, especially about my age and implying my intelligence level(as you've alluded in other posts) and your superiority you try to instill based on your career, age, place in life, etc etc could technically be considered offensive and insulting. I could hit the report button and I can bring it to the attention to the staff.

However, it's a forum on the internet and I don't put much stock into people who do not know me as they have no real relevance in and on my life.
This comes off as hypocritical because you are accusing me of this or that and yet you are taking a far more aggressive approach and insulting and downright derogatory approach.

But hey if you guys want to chase away users of the forum who have been here for years for not conforming to your ideology and opinions that is fine. I cant stop that.

But I say, "Let's chill out, breathe and relax a bit." Life is far too short to get annoyed because some 'young kid' as you say bluntly states his opinion that you seem to disagree with.

Let's discuss tech if we must.
And hey I said I may be trying lagdroid :p That's a discussion in and of itself.
(I am leaning Nexus 5X and Alcatel Idol 3).

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Wp is odd obe with this standby time. Sometimes it uses almost nothing, next day battery is dead in half a day. Mum has had quite some problems with her 520, so did I with 820 back than but I could feel it heating in my pocket so I did a reboot, mum doesn't as she doesn't use a phone a whole lot.
Those are also extremely low end hardware from like 3-4 years ago.

My 1520 is a high end phone with a high end battery.
Of course I never had bad battery in the least...even with my old 920, 1020, 928 or either 640 Models.
My icon was shaky at times.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Those are also extremely low end hardware from like 3-4 years ago.

My 1520 is a high end phone with a high end battery.
Of course I never had bad battery in the least...even with my old 920, 1020, 928 or either 640 Models.
My icon was shaky at times.
Well 820 is as low end as 920 ;)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've always never understood this mentality of talking about someone indirectly (as in talking around them) instead of directly. It's passive aggressive.

I am not trying to be argumentative in the least. One, I have work shortly so I don't feel like exerting unnecessary energy when i'll soon be dealing with moronic people for barely acceptable pay lmao. I am merely explaining myself and also pointing out a slight hypocrisy.

1. You cant blame me for threads being closed...the threads are not closed because of me. If not solely....It does take at least 2 people to tango(or in this case debate). What I've noticed is that people on WC do not being called out and challenged.

HTC related threads.....Even when HTC is proven to be wrong, somehow pointing out that poor track record is an issue. I can point this out in several threads that have been closed. It's never my Intent to get threads. I admin my own forum and I don't close threads as I am not looking to stifle argument. I prefer to let individuals hash it out themselves unless some serious insults have been thrown around that cause me to intervene.

2. This space is designed for people to talk about things other than WP? Okay I get your point there...except wait, that means we can talk about things that are not related to WP. Which means I should have the right to express my dislike about a product and/or OS. After all isn't that what a good portion of WC does with Windows 10 mobile? Or is only fair when people express dislike for Windows 10 mobile send that is the current trend?

3. Furthermore, I was confused as to why there was such a heavy android talk on a Windows talk(Same as I would be if this was an anime forum and it was constantly talking about College Basketball). I never said that people couldn't nor shouldn't be allowed. I merely asked why and I left it at that.

I also was curious if the user was a Windows Phone user or not....as I was just curious their experience with Windows Phone.

I simply asked because I truly wonder are Imore and Androidcentral quite as heavy on the discussions of competing OS on their forum the way WC is....

4. If you are getting upset because someone is speaking negatively about your OS choice and hardware choice, I implore you to reevaluate and refocus. It's not that serious. It's a phone and OS and we're discussing this on a forum.

5. As far as a group? I don't post here regularly in this thread, generally because most of the conversation revolves around Android or I just don't care.

But I see the same few people posting and it does come off as cliqueish. I do have to point, outside of the select few that have an issue with me, I don't have issues with majority of people. I've been here nearly 4 years. Some have an issue with my blunt and in your face personality (True for many people in my real life) and then others applaud me for it and I am also one of the few people who wish for WC to be more of a community instead of this Warzone and cliqueish thing it has become. I personally do not care if I am disliked or liked but let's not make it out to be as if I am a problem for the community.

5. I am a dual user...so how come I can't give my opinions because I am not agreeing with you that Android is god's gift to man? Forgive me for not praising my google overlords.

6. You do realize your comments, especially about my age and implying my intelligence level(as you've alluded in other posts) and your superiority you try to instill based on your career, age, place in life, etc etc could technically be considered offensive and insulting. I could hit the report button and I can bring it to the attention to the staff.

However, it's a forum on the internet and I don't put much stock into people who do not know me as they have no real relevance in and on my life.
This comes off as hypocritical because you are accusing me of this or that and yet you are taking a far more aggressive approach and insulting and downright derogatory approach.

But hey if you guys want to chase away users of the forum who have been here for years for not conforming to your ideology and opinions that is fine. I cant stop that.

But I say, "Let's chill out, breathe and relax a bit." Life is far too short to get annoyed because some 'young kid' as you say bluntly states his opinion that you seem to disagree with.

Let's discuss tech if we must.
And hey I said I may be trying lagdroid :p That's a discussion in and of itself.
(I am leaning Nexus 5X and Alcatel Idol 3).

Dude,

1) The mods READ this thread. I've stated this over and over during the course of the past TWO days. It is the most popular thread on the forums section of this ENTIRE site. They don't need to you to report me as being offensive. I'd get a PM or a Hangouts message about that instantly. If you feel my comments are offensive to you, report me and let the mods look into it.

2) I have no problem addressing you directly. I've done so in the past, and am doing so now. I frankly got sick of your approach and cluttering the thread with this. You don't have to like Android. But nobody wants to read people using complaining or ******** style commentary about stuff they don't have to buy.

3) In case you weren't aware, why the thread has a "clique feel" to it because we have a very small core group of posters. Lots of the core posters read and reply to the thread because they like the other people who are posting. We go from serious to very silly here. We welcome people and call people out on knuckleheaded **** too We also have another group of posters, which is most people, who rotate in and out. We get new folks in here all the time. Most people just lurk to see if they want to jump in or not.

As a site moderator, you should understand that having a core group of posters will give a thread or site a specific feel. As a site moderator, you should know that this sort of attitude is the quickest way to kill ANY thread.

4) If you actually cared about asking people about their dual usage, you didn't have to walk in here talking about how you hates Android in the language you've used. You asked people for assistance with a phone choice and you started off by labelling people "Android fanatics". What an asinine comment, whether in jest or being serious, in person or online, that's poor taste. No one HAD to answer you, and if you read the answers correctly, the explanations were minimal...I wonder why?

You still prove my point - instead of walking into a space with a bit more tact, you managed to **** a ton of people off and "cannot understand why". And when you get called on it you still cannot own your part of the errors. I don't care about your age or lifestyle. But like i said, most people online post from their "true offline selves". At the end of the day, this thread has multiple conversations running simultaneously; it isn't a one long conversation thread. So if this is the stance you take, no one is obligated to answer you and people can still have conversations around your comments.

People don't come here to read annoyingly or inflammatory phrased posts. I just called out the bitchassness style portions of your posts for what they were. It's like people complaining about freedom of speech. There no freedom of speech if how you're using yours impacts how I use mine.

Like I said, I'm getting tired of this. I'm going to drop this as it's an eye sore to read and type and is not what I'm here for.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Standby times with modern OSes are tricky, and not reliable in most cases. Having owned a 1520 for around 5 months, standby times on 8.1 were fairly decent. It boils down to how well the software was optimized for the hardware. I get great standby time for the G4 with Doze on Android 6.0.1, but when I really use the phone, the QHD display eats through the battery like hell. Same with the M8 on Windows 10, which uses a smaller battery. Bugs are always a problem...my Maxx on 5.0.2 which has a nasty battery bug which mitigates the strength of the 3900mah battery.

People knock Qualcomm on their chips but it is always about comparison between chips with the right code that's helpful. Windows 10 isn't as light as Windows 8.1 anymore, so optimization counts.

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre