WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What parts of Scandinavia? I think I've managed to go to most places there. Though much more to explore there as well.

My friend's father went to Norway on a business trip in the winter. He brought back a handmade wool scarf that I just love.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

My Surface Pro 1 doesn't hang after login anymore and the solution is to not login immediately...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My friend's father went to Norway on a business trip in the winter. He brought back a handmade wool scarf that I just love.

Norway is great, expensive, but great!

If you ever decide to go, I'd recommend the shortest route through the fjords, unless you're really into fjords and don't mind the trip on the boat. We found our short cruise through the world heritage section just right but a touch long. You get fjord overload. Didn't help that it's also the main tourist route either so the boat is pretty packed.

The public transport is pretty reasonable and efficient. It's a beautiful country and the people are nice. We had a great time. Lots of people go hiking but we didn't have that much time unfortunately.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to install more memory on my old Toshiba Satellite U2505 this week. I might swap my 4GB SP3 with an 8GB SP3. If the swap happens then my Acer Aspire will go to someone in the family most likely overseas.

The two newer laptops we have are pretty full spec'd. They're i5 but that's all I need as I don't game. The wife's new one has 1TB drive and 8GB of RAM, it's also a touch screen. Her older one, which I'm taking, also has 8GB RAM but only a 750GB drive. which is plenty. Neither of us will fill those hard drives. The RAM is sufficient to run our software need so they should suit for the next while. I wouldn't mind getting a SSD for my laptop but it's not necessary.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

Nothing like starting your week by almost passing out on the train. Very glad I had some gum on me and was able to sit. I think my sugar levels were a bit too low because I didn't eat as much yesterday.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sad news this morning school wise...looks like a student was murdered in an area I use as a shortcut going to classes at times last night.

Loss of life is always tragic, but more difficult when you know the area or location...

G4 Approved

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.
Morning MIA!

I've had the same 950XL itch MIA, but after thinking it over, I'm pretty sure my 1520 provides the same "scratch", albeit a little slower. That, and the amount of times I actually pick up my 1520 during the week has become less than one.

Now that I've upgraded my gamer desktop, at home, I find myself on it rather than the mobile devices anyway.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Sad news this morning school wise...looks like a student was murdered in an area I use as a shortcut going to classes at times last night.

Loss of life is always tragic, but more difficult when you know the ara or location...

G4 Approved
Oh that's terrible news... sorry to hear.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh that's terrible news... sorry to hear.

It is pretty sad. Notices about student deaths are always difficult to read, but when the word "homicide" pops up, it always grabs your attention. Saw a brief write-up about it in the local online paper on the way home this morning. We'll see what happens but because of the type of death campus and city cops are involved and being tight-lipped.

G4 Approved

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Loss of life is always tragic, but more difficult when you know the area or location...

G4 Approved

That's sad news :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks.

Nothing like starting your week by almost passing out on the train. Very glad I had some gum on me and was able to sit. I think my sugar levels were a bit too low because I didn't eat as much yesterday.

G4 Approved

I always fall asleep on the bus just because it's where I can get some alone time lol :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Another Monday morning. I am looking forward to this Sunday since I'm going to had some carne Asada at the park! 😀

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Possibly mid June. We're still sorting out things to decide for sure. It may not be Greece but that appears to be where we're leaning.

The hope is to go to Athens and then hopefully some of the islands. Like all places, there's much to see but little time to see it all.

We don't want to go in the summer as Greece gets really hot. June should be good temperatures.
We are looking at first week of July as I have shutdown at work and maybe add on another week.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

What parts of Scandinavia? I think I've managed to go to most places there. Though much more to explore there as well.
Norway or Finland. I have been to Denmark and Sweden. Also Norwegian has a all you can fly within Norway ticket for cheap.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My Surface Pro 1 doesn't hang after login anymore and the solution is to not login immediately...
That is good to know. For some bizarre reason I haven't had any major hiccups with the upgrade to Win10. Acer had the sound issue but about 30 minutes of Internet search fixed it. Surface Pro 3 and the Toshiba laptop updated without a problem and the Dell came loaded with Win10 from the factory.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Norway is great, expensive, but great!

If you ever decide to go, I'd recommend the shortest route through the fjords, unless you're really into fjords and don't mind the trip on the boat. We found our short cruise through the world heritage section just right but a touch long. You get fjord overload. Didn't help that it's also the main tourist route either so the boat is pretty packed.

The public transport is pretty reasonable and efficient. It's a beautiful country and the people are nice. We had a great time. Lots of people go hiking but we didn't have that much time unfortunately.
All of Scandinavia is expensive. From my multiple trips to DK, the rule of thumb is to multiply everything by 2.5 from what it would cost in Arizona. Now that I am in CA, perhaps that multiplier is 2.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The two newer laptops we have are pretty full spec'd. They're i5 but that's all I need as I don't game. The wife's new one has 1TB drive and 8GB of RAM, it's also a touch screen. Her older one, which I'm taking, also has 8GB RAM but only a 750GB drive. which is plenty. Neither of us will fill those hard drives. The RAM is sufficient to run our software need so they should suit for the next while. I wouldn't mind getting a SSD for my laptop but it's not necessary.
SSD laptops boot times are amazingly fast. I am happy with the Dell and SP3 Pro and my work HP because they have SSD. I might put an SSD in the Toshiba laptop as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks.

G4 Approved
Damn...you need to take care of yourself. Also I think you need more sleep.
Have a good day...perhaps not a bad idea to have a nice scone for breakfast?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

G4 Approved
What a bummer!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss