WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh I know that. It's just unfortunate that in life I had some good friends, lost contact and now pretty much unreachable.

I've grown a lot in these last 12 years but there are family and other people I know who still see me as that other person, not that I've changed that much, but that's all they remember. That's because of the lack of communication.

Sad really. I'm hoping to make some good connections around our new home but don't know really. We haven't really spent enough time getting around. Mostly been surviving. LOL!

Well, when one is busy surviving, ain't no time to meet new people...

My guess is once you settle into the new house you'll explore more and pick up a few acquaintances. That's the thing many people find intimidating with a place like NYC...big city where it is hard to build a network but once you do, things get very rich and interesting on a social level...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No, it's not available yet. The only model number is 6603 for the update (no idea why) but I have a 6653 so I'm still waiting...

Oh, you have the EMEA model. For some reason, I thought you had the one I had, which was the D6603. If it's any consolation I'm still waiting for it on my Z3 TC.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I decided to have lunch by myself at one the restaurants we (the old team and I) used to go to by work.

My work community is changing and the adjustment has been interesting. I'm transitioning more to being a social worker so I feel more comfortable around them. Plus, it doesn't help that my current supervisor and the newer folks are doing things in a way that's different but not very helpful.

I'm not complaining about them, it's just these folks just approach the work in such a different but not really better way.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here are two articles worth reading:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i...-living-nightmare-neighbors-article-1.2597149

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i...ooklyn-family-fighting-home-article-1.2598611

This reminds me of when I lived in Bronx and the new Yankee Stadium was being built. I saw an $80k Manhattan style apartment that went unsold for a year go up to $150k the next year the stadium opened. Brokers at the time were touting the presence of the new stadium as a new vehicle of employment. I passed by the old 'hood in January...employment levels look to be the same as I left it 7 years ago.

Also, it was ugly how they relocated the track and field park on which the new stadium sat. At the time, community groups wanted to delay the move of the park, but as soon as the Yanks got the OK, they ripped everything up (even while appeals were being filed). I remember looking on my window the Friday and seeing the old park free and clear and on the following Monday morning I looked out the same window and saw the construction fences were already in place and crews started ripping out the old grandstand seats.

Many times these money making real estate ventures only bring money to the developers and a small crumb to the construction crews...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Yup, Chregu and BigPaddy made this thread really enjoyable to read. I know Muessig pops in from time to time, but when those three were posting regular the thread was interesting.

G4 Approved
I guess I'll have to come up with more interesting things to post... Jeez...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Those people are from the EU. Your posts are just fine.

I was commenting that it's very quiet on the thread when I'm awake.

lol I was just messin with MIA...

Ed@work.. I've got to write up an employee tonight. She's consistently late for work, and now there's been a customer complaint about her service. It's never fun doing this...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am so swamped at work, this is the first time I logged onto WC on the computer at work today...off to a meeting now folks...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I am so swamped at work, this is the first time I logged onto WC on the computer at work today...off to a meeting now folks...
I know the feeling.. It's like a totally different world. I get home and am like "oh yeah, WC" (among other things!)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Another long day today...some times it feels like never ends with this Northeast setup...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

lol I was just messin with MIA...

Ed@work.. I've got to write up an employee tonight. She's consistently late for work, and now there's been a customer complaint about her service. It's never fun doing this...

You got jokes, Ed. You post interesting stuff...just waiting on you to talk politics and Android...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm working with the peer educators - a group of youth we've hired and trained at work - to do a 75 minute original workshop on race, gender and identity. They have to facilitate this workshop open to teens in the community to attend. So far, we've got an outline for the workshop with activities chosen by the youth they'd like to do.

Now it's just helping them commit to the workshop and take it seriously...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa