WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm working with the peer educators - a group of youth we've hired and trained at work - to do a 75 minute original workshop on race, gender and identity. They have to facilitate this workshop open to teens in the community to attend. So far, we've got an outline for the workshop with activities chosen by the youth they'd like to do.

Now it's just helping them commit to the workshop and take it seriously...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Will the teens be presenting the workshop at their high schools?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

You got jokes, Ed. You post interesting stuff...just waiting on you to talk politics and Android...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I usually try to keep my political views to myself. I will say with this year's presidential race, I've actually thought about the possibility of moving to a different country for the very first time.

I've talked Android. And I'm still considering an Android device as a secondary phone. The Nexus 6P is still one that intrigues and piques my interest. If you asked me a couple years ago, it wouldn't be an option, but Android and the newer hardware that we've been seeing, have come a long way. They've become competitive (for my business) and a viable option.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Took the case off of my 6S Plus to clean it this morning (after spilling a little bit of coffee on it in the car!) and was thinking "damnn I really like this phone without the case on it! I'm thinking about getting just a tempered glass screen protector for it and roll like that. It's so sleek and sexy feeling!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I usually try to keep my political views to myself. I will say with this year's presidential race, I've actually thought about the possibility of moving to a different country for the very first time.

I've talked Android. And I'm still considering an Android device as a secondary phone. The Nexus 6P is still one that intrigues and piques my interest. If you asked me a couple years ago, it wouldn't be an option, but Android and the newer hardware that we've been seeing, have come a long way. They've become competitive (for my business) and a viable option.

If I lived in the US I'd want to leave the country too...

Apparently there's been an influx of enquiries from US citizens to Canada Immigation for residency requirements... That's not a joke and shows there is a real issue in the US. However, if you all leave then the wrong person will get elected. My suggestion is to get more people out to vote to ensure the right person gets in... whoever that may be.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Have you thought of Australia at all? No I'm not joking - Skilled Occupations List (SOL)

Do you fit 'chef'?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As for Android phones, my personal experience so far has been good. Saying that I don't do anything too extreme with my phone. It has all I need and more.

I think if development with Android N is going the way they think it is and becomes dual layered I think a lot of the issues that people have about Android will start to vanish. Optimization of the OS will make it really slick.

It still has a way to go for audio though and music production.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's also a continuous shortage of hospitality staff here in the EU. Also medical and IT staff.

For those who may be curious.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Nexus 6P is really nice. The only reason that I have not really looked at it as an option is because I really don't want a screen that large anymore. 5.5" is my cutoff and maybe the 950XL is the only one I'll make an exception for.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, politically lite views are welcome here, which is what I meant.

I agree, this presidential election has been the worst I've seen in a very long time in terms of the candidates that are running for office. All of them in my eyes are supremely flawed and unfortunately we're stuck with trying to pick the best of the worst to get elected. Maybe whoever gets elected would actually step up to the plate and do a good job, but honestly, I'm not seeing it. There are people who are too old establishment, people who are too anti-establishment, and people who have good ideas but don't know how to execute. If I could go live under a rock, make money, and pop my head out only to get food and pay taxes after this election is done, I certainly do it.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know I talk Android alot, but never really about the OS itself. I will say Google has done a nice job with their voice to text. I like the implementation on Windows too, but I feel I can talk for longer stretches that get recognized better on Android.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

These days I'm over rushing to get a train to go to the funny farm. Ain't no time for that at all. I need to get a short nap on the train, so I wait for the next one.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There's also a continuous shortage of hospitality staff here in the EU. Also medical and IT staff.

For those who may be curious.

Looks like I need to move. Is this just medical staff or do they need social workers or counselors as well?

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Took the case off of my 6S Plus to clean it this morning (after spilling a little bit of coffee on it in the car!) and was thinking "damnn I really like this phone without the case on it! I'm thinking about getting just a tempered glass screen protector for it and roll like that. It's so sleek and sexy feeling!

I use cases most times, but the G4 is my first phone in a long time with just a tempered glass screen protector due to the great feel in hand for me with the leather back.

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Looks like I need to move. Is this just medical staff or do they need social workers or counselors as well?

G4 Approved

There is a shortage here. If you have the ability to move here without needed sponsorship it's always easier. However, there's typically groups that go to the US and other countries trying to get qualified people to move to the UK.

This link may help - https://www.basw.co.uk/international/overseas/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There is a shortage here. If you have the ability to move here without needed sponsorship it's always easier. However, there's typically groups that go to the US and other countries trying to get qualified people to move to the UK.

This link may help - https://www.basw.co.uk/international/overseas/

Thanks, I'll look into it. Maybe I sweat it out here for a little bit. I wanted to do a MSW in the UK, but didn't have the means...

G4 Approved

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss