WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The 950XL is probably the most compact 5.7" device. I have sampled the 6P, Moto X and 950 XL in the last few months. My only complaint with the 950XL is that it's a tad bit too wide for my taste.

Agreed. I didn't pick up the X 2015 because it got too big and in using the 808 chip on the G4, I'm not missing much. I like the X Force/Droid Turbo 2, but nope.

I can handle the width of the 950 XL, but the lack of wearable options kills me.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

London is pretty much the same. I like London for the non touristy bits but I also don't mind those areas either, sometimes.

Most people who work in London don't live there and those who do the blue collar work travel long distances to do a crap job for low wages because they've been priced out of the city. As time goes by even those small pockets of commutable areas for blue collar workers are becoming smaller and smaller and they're being pushed further out of the city.

Public transport here is outrageously expensive and anyone not making decent money can't live too far from their work because you start to go into negative territory. This is the problem. Even worse though is that there's this idea to make living spaces smaller and supposedly cheaper so there's a place for people to live. Unfortunately, that's not even happening. Nothing but luxury apartment after luxury apartment going up. Foreign buyers getting first crack at purchase. Then rent prices way out of the reach of blue collar workers. I can't even afford rental prices in the centre of London, well I can but I'd be broke the rest of the month. :p

For some reason, rich people think streets clean themselves, garbage is collected automatically and things just vanish... not realising there's a person behind all of it. But cities are no longer places to live really. Nothing but back security boxes for rich people. It's becoming less a place to be.

Agreed. Many a day I wonder "why the F" am I going through all this effort just to break even. And as I explore the city, NYC just has a different vibe now that's less appealing to me.

I saw a special on the sewer system in Paris and was impressed how decorated these guys were to their jobs. Same with the garbage disposal guys in Venice. Here? You should have seen the racist comments levelled at the MTA workers during the last pay strike about 10 years ago. You'd have thought we were in the South in the 1950s...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I got a few good breaks so luckily I managed to come out in the black after getting my graduate degree. I finally got to researching some options for my kid and will open an account next week so that there is some money stashed aside for paying the tuition fees. I think all the help that my child can get the better.

People talk about stagnating wages and increased cost of healthcare but the increase in cost of tuition in this country for higher education has far outpaced any other item in the last 20 years. Also the rules of getting credits and classes have become more restrictive. If I were to get my graduate degree today at the same school I would have a pile of debt and most likely no job after graduation either the way they have structured the study program now.

It is killer. How the F do they expect students to pay back these loans? And you wonder why some college grads want to be managers after getting their degree? It's because on a manager's salary you'll have a shot of not starting after paying the loans back...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't mind me folks...I'm getting my mini-Sahib on before I walk into one of those meetings in the next few minutes with my supervisor and my newer colleagues where I have to zone out for an hour or so...

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is killer. How the F do they expect students to pay back these loans? And you wonder why some college grads want to be managers after getting their degree? It's because on a manager's salary you'll have a shot of not starting after paying the loans back...

G4 Approved

I have nothing against higher education but it should be noted that there's lots of people who shouldn't go as it doesn't suit them. The other problem is that there's a belief, thanks to the higher education institutes, that you'll have a guaranteed job and more money after graduating. Which is untrue. Also parents...

Then you wonder why most people want to be famous for just being famous or trying their hands at the various talent shows or other reality TV. Because it's easy money.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

At least he reads all the posts. That means his reading comprehension is better than some of his peers...the only part we question is how he chooses to use his comprehension skills at times...

G4 Approved

You gave him a pass on his composition and grammar skills, I see that you are in a good mood MIA :)
Is the supervisor off work today?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You gave him a pass on his composition and grammar skills, I see that you are in a good mood MIA :)

I can't hammer him every time over everything...gotta leave you and Rue something to take a shot at...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nope, the supervisor was there. The meeting would have been less than useless except for this nice Asian dental resident who gave a good presentation on oral health.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I'm talking to my (Hispanic) colleague about a possible pass the lady in the pizza shop may have made at me. This is all very confusing because the lady in the pizza shop (likely Hispanic) reminds me of a Hispanic ex of mine. Now, I'm not attracted to the lady in the pizza shop but I thought I saw some subtle moves that I'd never seen before today. What's up with that?

Funny scenario...funny conversation.

G4 Approved

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Got a patient in my office driving me nuts because she's wishy washy and cannot make up her mind...

G4 Approved

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So here's the back story to my latest post in the eats thread. The place I bought the bagel from has had their store there for years. They were already well established when I started working at my job 9 years ago.

Now they're gone because the landlord jacked up the rent to an unaffordable price. They're scrambling to find a new site (guess preferably in the neighborhood), but no luck so far. Sunday's their last day (but I guess it's more so Saturday).

It's sad because I liked the people there...hard working Hispanic folks as staff who were really nice. The construction crew working on the MTA project nearby are pissed because they'd be in there every day getting breakfast and lunch, causing the lines for everyone is to be super long. I went in there today and you can see one of the machines were they kept cold fruit and juices was barren.

My guess is the landlord has someone coming in who can pay the higher rent. NYC metro life...if you cannot afford it, you'll get pulled under and swept aside...

G4 Approved
That has even happened in Cleveland. There was a local coffee shop that I used to go to. It was open 24/7 and had open mic nights weekly. It was a great place. The landlord raised the rent, so the coffee shop closed down. The current tenant is a bank.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I have nothing against higher education but it should be noted that there's lots of people who shouldn't go as it doesn't suit them. The other problem is that there's a belief, thanks to the higher education institutes, that you'll have a guaranteed job and more money after graduating. Which is untrue. Also parents...

Then you wonder why most people want to be famous for just being famous or trying their hands at the various talent shows or other reality TV. Because it's easy money.

My case was different in high school. The counselor always dig in the idea That a college degree won't land you a job or more money. Same with my folks they told me that nothing is guaranteed in life except death.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That has even happened in Cleveland. There was a local coffee shop that I used to go to. It was open 24/7 and had open mic nights weekly. It was a great place. The landlord raised the rent, so the coffee shop closed down. The current tenant is a bank.

That's the thing. Landlords don't care how you make the money, as long as you make the money to cover the rent and they don't have to do too much. Just a sad state of affairs.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My case was different in high school. The counselor always dig in the idea That a college degree won't land you a job or more money. Same with my folks they told me that nothing is guaranteed in life except death.

Higher education gives you a better starting point,which is why school is helpful. It doesn't guarantee much outside of a better starting spot, but depending on the line of work...school counts for something.

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss