WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The iPhone 6S+ is slipperier than an eel😀
You can say that again! I'll add though, that the "S" revisions are definitely a lot tougher than previous gens!

The other day I just about had a heart attack - I went up to the local grocery early in the morning to get some breakfast supplies; took my coffee with me. Well, the grocery store parking lot has a pretty rough entrance to the parking lot... with my coffee in the cup holder in the car, going over the bumps, made some coffee splash onto my lap where of course my 6SPlus was resting. Coffee all in the Otterbox case I had on the phone, I quickly parked the car and proceeded to rip the case off of the phone to clean the coffee off of it before it got into any important parts... Then, after being satisfied with the coffee clean up, I got out of the car and put the naked 6S Plus in my back pocket. (the case itself still had coffee on it as I was going to wait until I got back home to wash it under some running water)

So I go in and do my shopping etc. and come back out to the car. Loading my bags of groceries in the trunk, and getting back in the driver's seat, I forget about the naked phone in my back pocket. I hear this "clunk"..... :unhappysweat:

I look down onto the pavement and see my iPhone 6S Plus laying on the ground, face down on the asphault........ Oh My GOD!!

I reach down to pick it up, steadily chanting "please don't be shattered please don't be shattered!!!" turn it over, and guess what....... Not a single freakin' scratch! wheeeew!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. I use Google's keyboard but there are days I want to send both it and my supervisor's approach to reformatory school...

G4 Approved

Idk, I do like the MS keyboards on their devices and was used to them, but since switching back, I'm reminded how good the iOS keyboard is as well. It not only fixes misspelled words, but it'll actually straighten out a whole sentence if you just keep typing and let it learn your word habits. It just takes a little getting used to, if you're accustomed to using something else. Some of the symbols and characters are in different spots, but once you get used to where everything is, you can fly!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You can say that again! I'll add though, that the "S" revisions are definitely a lot tougher than previous gens!

The other day I just about had a heart attack - I went up to the local grocery early in the morning to get some breakfast supplies; took my coffee with me. Well, the grocery store parking lot has a pretty rough entrance to the parking lot... with my coffee in the cup holder in the car, going over the bumps, made some coffee splash onto my lap where of course my 6SPlus was resting. Coffee all in the Otterbox case I had on the phone, I quickly parked the car and proceeded to rip the case off of the phone to clean the coffee off of it before it got into any important parts... Then, after being satisfied with the coffee clean up, I got out of the car and put the naked 6S Plus in my back pocket. (the case itself still had coffee on it as I was going to wait until I got back home to wash it under some running water)

So I go in and do my shopping etc. and come back out to the car. Loading my bags of groceries in the trunk, and getting back in the driver's seat, I forget about the naked phone in my back pocket. I hear this "clunk"..... :unhappysweat:

I look down onto the pavement and see my iPhone 6S Plus laying on the ground, face down on the asphault........ Oh My GOD!!

I reach down to pick it up, steadily chanting "please don't be shattered please don't be shattered!!!" turn it over, and guess what....... Not a single freakin' scratch! wheeeew!

That's a lucky break you had. I'm not a fan of some of these overly slippery things.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I posted and subscribed to the Reddit thread.

See, that's the thing with "Moto" now.

I have a Maxx, which realistically speaking, is a much improved version of the X 2014. Bigger battery, better screen, better processor... at the expense of lesser aesthetics. Specs wise, it is the exact equal of the Nexus 6. For me, it has everything I'm looking for. I was even willing to overlook the so-so camera.

But, because it isn't the X line, there is virtually no guarantee that this phone will see 6.0.1. It was proven that the bugs in 5.0.2 hit the Moto X phones and the Maxx/Droid Turbo lines pretty rough. The improvement of the X 2014 from 5.0.2 to 5.1 to 6.0.1 is dramatic. Even the X Play ran way better when upgraded to 6.0.1 from 5.1. If there was a phone that'd be brand new with an update, it's the Maxx. They haven't updated the X Force/Droid Turbo 2 either, and they may choose to update that first before the Maxx/Droid Turbo.

"Moto" fired a lot of the teams working on updates during and after the Lenovo take over process. No wonder updates are slower when less people have more devices to work on. It's just a sad state of affairs. I'll still keep my Maxx, but it'll probably get stuck in the drawer if it doesn't get 6.0.1.

"Moto" has lost a ton of good will that I don't know if they'll ever get back.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Idk, I do like the MS keyboards on their devices and was used to them, but since switching back, I'm reminded how good the iOS keyboard is as well. It not only fixes misspelled words, but it'll actually straighten out a whole sentence if you just keep typing and let it learn your word habits. It just takes a little getting used to, if you're accustomed to using something else. Some of the symbols and characters are in different spots, but once you get used to where everything is, you can fly!

I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't use the full autocorrect. Maybe that's why Rue always is cracking jokes at my typos...

That's why I loved physical keyboards. I was a blister on a RIM keyboard and even with or without T9 on the older feature phones. The best on screen keyboard I've used was the Storm 2...because of the piezoelectric tech.

Still, I thought the iOS was OK, just too aggressive for my take with the autocorrect. Still feel MSFT has the best typing experience of the big 3, but Google has the better voice to text experience.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans