WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't mind now, as the 1520 isn't my daily driver anymore... bring on the Fast Ring builds!

I've been on the fast ring for some time now, on my primary and only phone. There was very few issues, nothing that would make my phone useless.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Hope they both are OK. Some folks just don't know how to play the sport well and are a danger to everyone on the pitch....

G4 Approved

I've got one of those in my class. He just doesn't care what he's doing. No matter what sport we play. He even tripped me while playing basketball, the most intolerant sport when it comes to contacts between players.
I just try to keep myself away from him, or do my best to find myself in the same team he is, that way I can be safe but have fun too.

I get injured very easily, I just can't stand idiots like that.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Nothing sucks more than being in the middle of a deathmatch and having your keyboard batteries die.. or the actual wireless connection lag. Ugghh

Or to have your scrolling wheel die in the middle of awp cw. It was 4 days old, damn.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of injuries. A guy I know who plays for the local football club, broke his leg yesterday while playing some friendly match. It was indoors, just like in your case Sahib.
From what I know is that he wanted to kick the ball, he was near the out line, he missed the ball and hit in some kind of pole. It was an open fracture. Not nice. You better take care Sahib or you might come one step closer to being a cyborg.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So i get home and see a notice that NJ state is coming by on Tuesday to inspect my apartment. Well, typically this is supposed to happen every 5 years.

I find this to be interesting because I've lived here for 6 years and this is my 3 such notice. Either somebody cannot count in state government (wouldn't surprise me) or the last one was rescheduled. I'll be nice and call the office to let them in on Monday and see if the damn supervisor will get my tub on the list to be reglazed, finally...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of the BMW. We've decided to get rid of it. It's too big and is only going to cause use more repair bills. Better to cut out losses. We can always get another one in the future.

So we're hoping to find something that will suit us better. Possibly a Peugeot 308.
Current 308?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of injuries. A guy I know who plays for the local football club, broke his leg yesterday while playing some friendly match. It was indoors, just like in your case Sahib.
From what I know is that he wanted to kick the ball, he was near the out line, he missed the ball and hit in some kind of pole. It was an open fracture. Not nice. You better take care Sahib or you might come one step closer to being a cyborg.

Sahib's already one...his brain works on the type of autopilot us regular Joe's haven't been able to figure out yet...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Every time i use the Maxx, I'm reminded of how "Moto" currently frustrates me...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It is a gorgeous day outside. I wanted to stop by a favorite people watching spot on my way home but this damned coughing spell out an end to all that...

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So let's do a write up on a Nexus 5X.

The good:
Screen is beautiful. Colours are punchy, 1080p is perfectly enough for 5,2". Didn't expect it to be that good considering it's IPS. Thumbs up from me.
Build. The plastic is similar to that on Moto G 2014. Phone isn't slippery at all. It's also great size for me, I can easily us it with one hand. Great job LG.
Speeeed. This thing is fast. Had some force closes at the beginning and it happened that icons took a moment to load but nothing frustrating. Apps open fast, No problems.
Fingerprint scanner. It's fast, works great, even with a bit wet fingers. I saved same finger 2 times so this maybe helped but anyway, loved it and it's one of the thing I will miss.

The bad:
Battery. It's one of the biggest let downs of the phone. It was up to almost 4h SOT today but I was at home on WiFi most of the time. When I was in school it was between 1 and 2 hours. I had to put it on charge everyday some time in the afternoon. It does at least have fast charging so that is a nice bonus but still.
Next is a speaker. Sound is good but would like it to be a bit louder.

The awesome.
So Nexus have bad camera? Wrong, so wrong. Pictures are clear, with enough of detail and most surprising is that it's good also in low light. Even with 12 MP it gives you enough room to zoom into picture. Oh and 120fps video is fun :) As far as I'm concerned camera on this phone is way better than one I had on Lumia 930 or Galaxy S5. Awesome job.
uploadfromtaptalk1460843458580.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460843477585.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460843493177.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460843533794.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460843556434.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So let's do a write up on a Nexus 5X.

The good:
Screen is beautiful. Colours are punchy, 1080p is perfectly enough for 5,2". Didn't expect it to be that good considering it's IPS. Thumbs up from me.
Build. The plastic is similar to that on Moto G 2014. Phone isn't slippery at all. It's also great size for me, I can easily us it with one hand. Great job LG.
Speeeed. This thing is fast. Had some force closes at the beginning and it happened that icons took a moment to load but nothing frustrating. Apps open fast, No problems.
Fingerprint scanner. It's fast, works great, even with a bit wet fingers. I saved same finger 2 times so this maybe helped but anyway, loved it and it's one of the thing I will miss.

The bad:
Battery. It's one of the biggest let downs of the phone. It was up to almost 4h SOT today but I was at home on WiFi most of the time. When I was in school it was between 1 and 2 hours. I had to put it on charge everyday some time in the afternoon. It does at least have fast charging so that is a nice bonus but still.
Next is a speaker. Sound is good but would like it to be a bit louder.

The awesome.
So Nexus have bad camera? Wrong, so wrong. Pictures are clear, with enough of detail and most surprising is that it's good also in low light. Even with 12 MP it gives you enough room to zoom into picture. Oh and 120fps video is fun :) As far as I'm concerned camera on this phone is way better than one I had on Lumia 930 or Galaxy S5. Awesome job.
View attachment 125193
View attachment 125194View attachment 125195View attachment 125196
View attachment 125197
Nice review! I am impressed by your pictures. The camera appears to be excellent. 😊

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sport Driver:
I agree with your review 100%. Battery wasn't that much of a problem for me but yes that was the weak spot. The camera and fingerprint scanner were awesome. Also since it has NFC, I loved using Android Pay.

Wish I could do that with my Lumia :-(

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice write up, Sport Driver.

You should do more test drives more often with these kind of reviews...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I've been on the fast ring for some time now, on my primary and only phone. There was very few issues, nothing that would make my phone useless.

I was on the Fast Ring the whole time, even while the 1520 was my daily driver. I live on the cutting edge!

edit: I never had any real issues either!

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Sport Driver:
I agree with your review 100%. Battery wasn't that much of a problem for me but yes that was the weak spot. The camera and fingerprint scanner were awesome. Also since it has NFC, I loved using Android Pay.

Wish I could do that with my Lumia :-(

I like Sport Driver's review as well... I'm assuming the 6P would improve on the battery?

My 6S Plus checks all those boxes; amazing camera, wicked fast fingerprint reader, NFC/Apple pay (which I love using!)... plus it has awesome battery life that lasts all day!

I'm just saying I'm still very happy with my choice ;)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

She's still stuck on the SE.

I fondled an SE today in a AT&T store. Not bad. That's the only Apple device I'd buy right now, even though the screen is tiny ***. I liked the iPhone 6 feel, but didn't like how slippery it was.

I did have an Android moment where I quasi-forgot that there were no capacitive keys flanking the Touch ID home key. So I tapped on either side and said "yes, this is why all this is just such wasted space...buttons should be here."

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss