WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Thank you all for the nice words :) I know it took time but had too much to do at school this week :)
About that I should do more of that, next one is LG G5 ;)

Maybe you need to get onto Phonearena, as they're looking for new writers.

I'm surprised that with the amount of intelligent folks out there that some of these tech sites don't have an "average Joe" doing some phone reviews. I get it's not average Joe's who read tech sites, but it's always good to get non tech reviewers to review phones. Most times when reading tech reviews I breeze through the chatter about the specs to what I want to read, and even then, there's so much of the same repetitiveness in the reviews...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. It's official... I've got a cold - one of the last things someone with recent lung issues wants to deal with. What a pain in this *** this is. Looks like the change in weather has done me in. Some days I just want to reach in, take my lungs out, clean out this mucus and put everything back in. If only it really were so easy...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Maybe you need to get onto Phonearena, as they're looking for new writers.

I'm surprised that with the amount of intelligent folks out there that some of these tech sites don't have an "average Joe" doing some phone reviews. I get it's not average Joe's who read tech sites, but it's always good to get non tech reviewers to review phones. Most times when reading tech reviews I breeze through the chatter about the specs to what I want to read, and even then, there's so much of the same repetitiveness in the reviews...

They are? Last time I saw they were looking for someone from NYC area. But even if they do, they certainly get awful lot of people with more experience sending them their CVs. I do however agree that reviews done by average Joe are interesting, specs are just numbers that doesn't mean anything to most of the people buying the phone.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. It's official... I've got a cold - one of the last things someone with recent lung issues wants to deal with. What a pain in this *** this is. Looks like the change in weather has done me in. Some days I just want to reach in, take my lungs out, clean out this mucus and put everything back in. If only it really were so easy...

Hope you will be better soon :) 💪

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They are? Last time I saw they were looking for someone from NYC area. But even if they do, they certainly get awful lot of people with more experience sending them their CVs. I do however agree that reviews done by average Joe are interesting, specs are just numbers that doesn't mean anything to most of the people buying the phone.

I believe they do want NYC area people, but who knows...if they like the writing samples they get, maybe they'll make an exception. I'm sure they get a ton of bad CVs, but diamonds in the rough are out there, just like with any type of work.

Many tech sites, I think write to a particular style to appeal to a particular base. Sometimes, they can be very glossy in their praise and criticisms. I understand they have some of these phones for a week, but I like places here here and Android Central because they're not glossy in their reviews.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You did such a good write up with the 930 last time, I'm surprised you didn't test out a 950...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is laundry week. Always a fun time.

Technically I dont mind doing laundry. It's the folding clothes part I'm not a fan of...

G4 Approved

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

You did such a good write up with the 930 last time, I'm surprised you didn't test out a 950...

G4 Approved
Well I have to write a test in Slovene language and getting the review posted was PITA with Lumia 930. And well, now there is me and 2 other people testing phones out. And one other person wanted 950 so I said no problem. Having said that, maybe I should go with Lumia 950 XL? And well because there are 3 of us now I won't be getting the Galaxy S7 but I will get the G5.
So should I ask my source for Lumia 950 XL and give WM a shot on a good hardware? :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I have to write a test in Slovene language and getting the review posted was PITA with Lumia 930. And well, now there is me and 2 other people testing phones out. And one other person wanted 950 so I said no problem. Having said that, maybe I should go with Lumia 950 XL? And well because there are 3 of us now I won't be getting the Galaxy S7 but I will get the G5.
So should I ask my source for Lumia 950 XL and give WM a shot on a good hardware? :)

You should.
I'd be curious your thought as I have zero interest in lagdroid. Of course, provided it is a fair review and isn't dogging on the OS because it isn't Android :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

So I am buying an android phone (Maybe)......

I am looking at the Xiaomi Mi 4. I of course will be getting rid of all traces of that crap android it has and putting Windows 10 on it immediately.

Idk where to buy from though. Ebay?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

...if the ones I do use were on Windows, Windows would be my daily driver again.
Oh same here.. I would have naturally followed the upgrade path to the 950XL (920 -> 1020 -> 1520 -> 950XL) But, the 3rd party dev support and app situation hasn't improved at all as we all know.

With my musical productions, I need things that just aren't available on Windows Mobile. Oh and the games... I've got to have my games! Not to mention my bank app... I could go on and list dozens of reasons (apps, features, and games etc), but as a user and a consumer, I made the switch based on what works for me, and what I need and enjoy using.

All that said, I'm still a fan of the Windows 10 Mobile platform, the interface, Live Tiles etc. are still the most attractive and beautiful GUI available IMHO. As a phone that works well for a "phone" and text messaging etc. they're great! I just hope that one day, the 3rd support comes around...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Dang MIA! Sick again? Hope you knock it out soon...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Testing out the XL isn't a bad idea. Of the two, I'd prefer the XL.

The only thing I'd tell you (which you already know) is if you feel the issues as to why you went from Windows to Android are still there the G5 isn't a bad choice. If you feel those things are resolved enough, then a 950 XL is a great choice.

My guess is you could go to a XL and still keep your Moto G. But, with how "Moto" is being run, who knows how many updates your phone will get after 6.0.1.

Curious to see what you decided, but I'd love to read your XL and G5 reviews.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh same here.. I would have naturally followed the upgrade path to the 950XL (920 -> 1020 -> 1520 -> 950XL) But, the 3rd party dev support and app situation hasn't improved at all as we all know.

With my musical productions, I need things that just aren't available on Windows Mobile. Oh and the games... I've got to have my games! Not to mention my bank app... I could go on and list dozens of reasons (apps, features, and games etc), but as a user and a consumer, I made the switch based on what works for me, and what I need and enjoy using.

All that said, I'm still a fan of the Windows 10 Mobile platform, the interface, Live Tiles etc. are still the most attractive and beautiful GUI available IMHO. As a phone that works well for a "phone" and text messaging etc. they're great! I just hope that one day, the 3rd support comes around...

Agreed. It's why I'm still using Android for very similar reasons why you use iOS. Plus, honestly the hardware choices currently are very limited.

I do like look of the OS and I will agree that for basic stuff, Windows does a nice job.

G4 Approved

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Testing out the XL isn't a bad idea. Of the two, I'd prefer the XL.

The only thing I'd tell you (which you already know) is if you feel the issues as to why you went from Windows to Android are still there the G5 isn't a bad choice. If you feel those things are resolved enough, then a 950 XL is a great choice.

My guess is you could go to a XL and still keep your Moto G. But, with how "Moto" is being run, who knows how many updates your phone will get after 6.0.1.

Curious to see what you decided, but I'd love to read your XL and G5 reviews.

G4 Approved
Well it shouldn't be a problem to get phones. I can start a blog if nothing else Just for testing the phones
About buying a New phone, I'm still leaning towards the Nexus 6P, it has most of the stuff I like, Amoled, aluminium and stock Android.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well it shouldn't be a problem to get phones. I can start a blog if nothing else Just for testing the phones
About buying a New phone, I'm still leaning towards the Nexus 6P, it has most of the stuff I like, Amoled, aluminium and stock Android.

I'd read it, if you ended up doing a blog.

Well, looks like you're leaning towards the 6P, which is a good phone. Have you tried Wear yet?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I've always said I wish I could take the front end of a 950XL (the Start Screen, Glance screen, and double tap to wake etc) and tack it onto the 6S Plus... Then I'd have the perfect phone! The beautiful and customizable Start screen, with the robust App Store of iOS, and the unmatched performance of the 6S Plus...

A guy can dream!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99