WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've always said I wish I could take the front end of a 950XL (the Start Screen, Glance screen, and double tap to wake etc) and tack it onto the 6S Plus... Then I'd have the perfect phone! The beautiful and customizable Start screen, with the robust App Store of iOS, and the unmatched performance of the 6S Plus...

A guy can dream!

That's a hell of a mash up, Ed! Not sure if many folks besides you would buy that...lol. Still, it's a good idea...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I'd read it, if you ended up doing a blog.

Well, looks like you're leaning towards the 6P, which is a good phone. Have you tried Wear yet?

I haven't had a chance to try wear yet but I'm not all that interested in smart watches. I like watches that look classy. I would give it a shot but I don't feel like I need it since for answering texts I would still need my phone because it doesn't understand Slovene quite as good as English ;)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Just brought a Lumia 950 XL and I brought a Honor 5X(Android) phone.

I couldn't stomach having to use lagdroid(even with a Windows 10 rom) phones and unfortunately I wasn't able to fully talk him into getting a Windows 10 device. So Honor 5X it is but on the plus side he is getting Windows 10 on his device, so I am sort of happy even if he is still using lagdroid.

Trying to find a reputable buyer for the Xiaomi mi4 was annoying so I bit the bullet and got the 950 XL <3

Now onto a Mozo case.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I haven't had a chance to try wear yet but I'm not all that interested in smart watches. I like watches that look classy. I would give it a shot but I don't feel like I need it since for answering texts I would still need my phone because it doesn't understand Slovene quite as good as English ;)

Good thing for you that the newer upgrades in chips means you can get more lighter, smaller, classier watch like looking desings. As useful for me as I've found Wear to be, the UI still needs some work. I'd tell anyone getting into Wear now to not buy any of the current models unless you're getting a great deal. It's the same thing with the Band 2...the design is nice enough but needs to be streamlined further, especially to reduce the skin irritation.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Too funny!

I am actually happy to see one of the WC staff using a windows phone device (I am shocked actually) so I am hoping your experience with the 950 goes well. Now I can actually say I know one of the WC staff actually uses a Windows phone device lol(Which is kind of ironic when you think of it tbh)

I've been playing with a spare one for awhile and this is pretty much one of the best phones I've used among the last few phones I have had to deal with (iPhone 6 plus, 6P and LG V10).
Dude, I think this is the umpteenth time... I use a 640 as my main device. I have four Windows 10 laptops and two SP3 devices. I don't have to prove to anyone if I am a Windows user or not....this is a volunteer job and not a paid gig...so I don't consider myself as staff but rather a volunteer.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just brought a Lumia 950 XL and I brought a Honor 5X(Android) phone.

I couldn't stomach having to use lagdroid(even with a Windows 10 rom) phones and unfortunately I wasn't able to fully talk him into getting a Windows 10 device. So Honor 5X it is but on the plus side he is getting Windows 10 on his device, so I am sort of happy even if he is still using lagdroid.

Trying to find a reputable buyer for the Xiaomi mi4 was annoying so I bit the bullet and got the 950 XL <3

Now onto a Mozo case.
Stop saying lagdroid...it's just going to get you in trouble.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Good thing for you that the newer upgrades in chips means you can get more lighter, smaller, classier watch like looking desings. As useful for me as I've found Wear to be, the UI still needs some work. I'd tell anyone getting into Wear now to not buy any of the current models unless you're getting a great deal. It's the same thing with the Band 2...the design is nice enough but needs to be streamlined further, especially to reduce the skin irritation.

Abound Band 2, it would be nice if we could get the MS here at all. But so far only phones are here, no Surface even after 4 generations. Lame move from them.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Stop saying lagdroid...it's just going to get you in trouble.
This^^^ if you'll notice, none of the other members here (in this thread in particular) talk "smack" about any platform. Here, we appreciate and respect ALL of the big three! We're all still big fans of Windows Phone don't worry! There's nothing wrong with Android.. and quite frankly, it's got a lot more going for it than Windows at the moment to tell you the truth.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's a hell of a mash up, Ed! Not sure if many folks besides you would buy that...lol. Still, it's a good idea...

Id take the specs of the 6s , body of the 830 , camera of the 950, and I'd be happy. Also including what ED said oh and the DAC from the LG V10

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well I have to write a test in Slovene language and getting the review posted was PITA with Lumia 930. And well, now there is me and 2 other people testing phones out. And one other person wanted 950 so I said no problem. Having said that, maybe I should go with Lumia 950 XL? And well because there are 3 of us now I won't be getting the Galaxy S7 but I will get the G5.
So should I ask my source for Lumia 950 XL and give WM a shot on a good hardware? :)

Geez sources ey ;) man when I grow up I want to be just like you lol. ( I'm kidding by the way )

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. It's official... I've got a cold - one of the last things someone with recent lung issues wants to deal with. What a pain in this *** this is. Looks like the change in weather has done me in. Some days I just want to reach in, take my lungs out, clean out this mucus and put everything back in. If only it really were so easy...

Oh man that sucks :/ hope you have a speedy recovery. And rest

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So let's do a write up on a Nexus 5X.

The good:
Screen is beautiful. Colours are punchy, 1080p is perfectly enough for 5,2". Didn't expect it to be that good considering it's IPS. Thumbs up from me.
Build. The plastic is similar to that on Moto G 2014. Phone isn't slippery at all. It's also great size for me, I can easily us it with one hand. Great job LG.
Speeeed. This thing is fast. Had some force closes at the beginning and it happened that icons took a moment to load but nothing frustrating. Apps open fast, No problems.
Fingerprint scanner. It's fast, works great, even with a bit wet fingers. I saved same finger 2 times so this maybe helped but anyway, loved it and it's one of the thing I will miss.

The bad:
Battery. It's one of the biggest let downs of the phone. It was up to almost 4h SOT today but I was at home on WiFi most of the time. When I was in school it was between 1 and 2 hours. I had to put it on charge everyday some time in the afternoon. It does at least have fast charging so that is a nice bonus but still.
Next is a speaker. Sound is good but would like it to be a bit louder.

The awesome.
So Nexus have bad camera? Wrong, so wrong. Pictures are clear, with enough of detail and most surprising is that it's good also in low light. Even with 12 MP it gives you enough room to zoom into picture. Oh and 120fps video is fun :) As far as I'm concerned camera on this phone is way better than one I had on Lumia 930 or Galaxy S5. Awesome job.
View attachment 125193
View attachment 125194View attachment 125195View attachment 125196
View attachment 125197

Ooohhh nice write up I enjoyed reading it while eating breakfast

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05