WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Not sure what's fun about getting high of pot. I fail to understand what's fun about it. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what's fun about getting high of pot. I fail to understand what's fun about it. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Never touched the stuff myself but I think it's like smoking or drinking. It starts off as a bit of fun but then can become addictive.

Ask most smokers why they started. It's probably the same reason why people do pot. Friends.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Never touched the stuff myself but I think it's like smoking or drinking. It starts off as a bit of fun but then can become addictive.

Ask most smokers why they started. It's probably the same reason why people do pot. Friends.

I was displeased with what my friend when I found out she did pot a few days ago. The response was " I was just having fun sahib" then I asked" what's fun about it" she responded " I don't know."

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was displeased with what my friend when I found out she did pot a few days ago. The response was " I was just having fun sahib" then I asked" what's fun about it" she responded " I don't know."

Most people do things because other people they know did them and give this 'hilarious' account of things when they do them so people think it's 'cool' to do it and give it a try.

It's the same story I've heard for years.

I think with pot smoking most do it for a calming effect typically but what I find these days it's become the 'cool' thing to do like smoking was when I was younger and yes pot smoking and other drugs.

It's about being with the 'in' crowd.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

People who say they're immune to peer pressure are rare. Most people to some extent have some level of peer pressure in their lives. It's all different depending on what age your at.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Motorola forgot how to make a nice phone now when it's under Chinese, eh?
Moto G4 leaked in two new live photos - Android Authority

They also got quite expensive, and with questionable future updates I think I will pass Moto G4.

"Moto" is doing some crazy stuff these days. That's why I'll probably root my Maxx and have some fun with it on XDA. Their fall from the X 2013 days is really stunning...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sigh...reasons why people use marijuana are the same why people do cocaine, LSD, alcohol, cigarettes, Xanax, benzos.

You really need to take an addiction class in college.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

People who say they're immune to peer pressure are rare. Most people to some extent have some level of peer pressure in their lives. It's all different depending on what age your at.

The issue I have with peer pressure is that they're are two types and we get too hung up on the negative type and don't talk enough about the positive type.

Life's about trade offs. Some folks will value fitting in over the risks of the drugs to their system. Others won't do that. Some it's a fluid situation.

G4 Approved

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

"Moto" is doing some crazy stuff these days. That's why I'll probably root my Maxx and have some fun with it on XDA. Their fall from the X 2013 days is really stunning...

G4 Approved
I'm still kind of planing to keep my Moto G for couple more months. I will try to find a job during a summer and who knows what I will have to do so I will fell much safer with cheap phone than with something high-end.
Did a factory reset on my Moto. The speed went downhill after update to 6.0 so hopefully this helps a bit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I'm in the minority where I don't like the biometrics on smartphone these days. Maybe I'm old school but I prefer not to have a fingerprint reader. I think if I got one of these newer phones like the G5 or the HTC 10, I'd still use a pin code or password.

Something about it just doesn't sit well with me. I was watching an episode of Dark Net (Sahib, you should really, really watch this) with the GF and they were talking about people doing implantable tech. I saw a lady who got a chip placed in her wrist and has loaded on her gym membership, insurance, credit card and other personal info into the chip.

I was just shaking my head. The tech itself is cool, but tech is a tool that warped minds of humans can always manipulate in a destructive way...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still kind of planing to keep my Moto G for couple more months. I will try to find a job during a summer and who knows what I will have to do so I will fell much safer with cheap phone than with something high-end.
Did a factory reset on my Moto. The speed went downhill after update to 6.0 so hopefully this helps a bit.

I just don't get what they're doing. I really don't. Their lineup isn't bad, but they've burnt through so much goodwill the past two years it's shocking.

Hope the factory reset helps. At least you have 6.0.1 on your Moto G.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If I were rolling in the cash, I'd get a carbon black HTC 10 to go with my G Watch R and a silver G5 to go with my Moto 360...

G4 Approved

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I just don't get what they're doing. I really don't. Their lineup isn't bad, but they've burnt through so much goodwill the past two years it's shocking.

Hope the factory reset helps. At least you have 6.0.1 on your Moto G.

G4 Approved
In 2013 they had great idea with 2 phone lineup and great execution. They didn't hit every price point but they got what most people want covered. Then in 2014 updates to Moto G left it kind of behind, still just HD and SD400. They also added some phones and everything started to collapse. When Lenovo bought them everything went downhill fast... Sad, they should have kept Moto G at lower midrange under 200? and with 5" screen, Moto X with 5-5,3" screen and high-end specs and maybe a phablet of 5,7" in form of a Moto Maxx, ultra high-end, something to compete with G Note and Mate 8. That's all they need I think, with good software support obviously ;)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The issue I have with peer pressure is that they're are two types and we get too hung up on the negative type and don't talk enough about the positive type.

Life's about trade offs. Some folks will value fitting in over the risks of the drugs to their system. Others won't do that. Some it's a fluid situation.

G4 Approved

I think most concentrate on the negatives as that typically is what gets people into trouble.

The positive sides are unfortunately few and far between or go unnoticed by most. I'm not sure I remember to many positives from my days as a teen when peer pressure is at it's highest.

Since risk has become such a dirty word these days, especially for children, risky means going over the top. Especially to get noticed.

There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground these days, but then I don't hang with the cool crowd. Never did.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In 2013 they had great idea with 2 phone lineup and great execution. They didn't hit every price point but they got what most people want covered. Then in 2014 updates to Moto G left it kind of behind, still just HD and SD400. They also added some phones and everything started to collapse. When Lenovo bought them everything went downhill fast... Sad, they should have kept Moto G at lower midrange under 200? and with 5" screen, Moto X with 5-5,3" screen and high-end specs and maybe a phablet of 5,7" in form of a Moto Maxx, ultra high-end, something to compete with G Note and Mate 8. That's all they need I think, with good software support obviously ;)

The software support has gotten horrible, and that's my issue with them. They could keep it to 4 phones a year but if they're slow with updates, no one cares.

The new leaks look like something that was designed in the old Moto days...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think most concentrate on the negatives as that typically is what gets people into trouble.

The positive sides are unfortunately few and far between or go unnoticed by most. I'm not sure I remember to many positives from my days as a teen when peer pressure is at it's highest.

Since risk has become such a dirty word these days, especially for children, risky means going over the top. Especially to get noticed.

There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground these days, but then I don't hang with the cool crowd. Never did.

That's because there is still the reinforcement of the in-group (the cool crowd) vs the out-group (everyone else) dichotomy.

My high school when I got to be a senior didn't have as much "cool kids". In fact, in my year we had two distinct groups: the "cool crowd" and the "nerdy types", to which I was in the latter group. What was nice with my group was that we had lots of great intellectual life discussions...kinda like the older days of this thread. So we didn't feel the need to give into negative peer pressure and we did a ton of positive peer pressure in the group.

I still keep in touch with some of the guys from my old group.

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's because there is still the reinforcement of the in-group (the cool crowd) vs the out-group (everyone else) dichotomy.

My high school when I got to be a senior didn't have as much "cool kids". In fact, in my year we had two distinct groups: the "cool crowd" and the "nerdy types", to which I was in the latter group. What was nice with my group was that we had lots of great intellectual life discussions...kinda like the older days of this thread. So we didn't feel the need to give into negative peer pressure and we did a ton of positive peer pressure in the group.

I still keep in touch with some of the guys from my old group.

G4 Approved

When I was in high school it was divided into many groups. The 80s saw divisions on everything. It was a weird time.

I fit in with technically no one but knew someone from pretty much each group. I think I mentioned a couple of times that I had opportunity to join the 'cool' kids but never bothered. I could probably have found myself in other groups as well but it would have been fake.

These days I'm still in the no group. I don't really 'fit' anywhere and I'm quite happy about that for the most part.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I have a WD MyBookLive and it's been a PITA with W10. The security settings on W10 makes mapping drives and connecting to network connected devices painful, especially a NAS.

I was just curious if you've had any issues that's all.

I've also continuously had issues with the track pad on my laptops, all of them required a registry hack to prevent the settings from being reset.

It's been very frustrating. I know all this stuff rather well, I'd feel sorry for a 'regular' user trying to sort this stuff out.
I see. As a matter of fact I have been having issues (since one of the latest Windows updates) with my Remote Desktop client apps (on both iOS and W10 Mobile) connecting to my PC(s) even on the same WiFi network here at home.

Perhaps we're suffering from the same networking issue as I've never had any problems with Remote Desktop up until now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo