WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

When I was in high school it was divided into many groups. The 80s saw divisions on everything. It was a weird time.

I fit in with technically no one but knew someone from pretty much each group. I think I mentioned a couple of times that I had opportunity to join the 'cool' kids but never bothered. I could probably have found myself in other groups as well but it would have been fake.

These days I'm still in the no group. I don't really 'fit' anywhere and I'm quite happy about that for the most part.

I think I tried to fit into only one "cool crowd" at my old church for two years (age 13-15). When I decided to test them to see if they really cared and saw that they were fine with me not talking to them, I went my own way and never looked back. Wasn't mad, but learned the lesson to be you and you'll fit in wherever you need to because of it.

Everyone has to figure that out at some point. It's always unfortunate with how dominant social media is when people misuse that and push teens over the edge.

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

When I was in high school it was divided into many groups. The 80s saw divisions on everything. It was a weird time.
You can say that again! Class of '87 here...

I remember there being 3-4 distinct "cliques" that everyone tried to fit into. You had the "Rednecks" (FFA or Future Farmers of America/Country music crowd), then the "Surfers" (Or Surf-punks) these are where the early "skaters" evolved from I believe. Then the "Metalheads" or "Rockers/Hippies/Stoners" and then the "Nerds" (computer nerds and bookworms) I was lost somewhere between the Nerds and the Metalheads! lol

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I see. As a matter of fact I have been having issues (since one of the latest Windows updates) with my Remote Desktop client apps (on both iOS and W10 Mobile) connecting to my PC(s) even on the same WiFi network here at home.

Perhaps we're suffering from the same networking issue as I've never had any problems with Remote Desktop up until now.

Oh wow.. I just fixed my R/D problem by using the netcfg –d command.

Maybe give it a shot Rue? Just open an elevated Command Prompt (with Admin privileges) and run netcfg -d then, if it doesn't do it automatically, do a reboot. This'll uninstall your network adapter settings and upon restart, reinstall everything with default settings.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Lets see.. This my first post here haha. I sold my old car and got a white 1520. WTH right? haha

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like there's a new soak test for the Maxx. Ah, more work for me when I get back home...

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm just tired. Too sick to really go flogging dead horses right now.

Hey Ed, is your 1520 a AT&T or an unlocked model? I kept thinking about your chip near the volume buttons... If that were me I may have done a housing replacement.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Dead Horse, haven't heard that song for a while.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It appears that I can post here again. Neat. Even though I've wasted good 40 minutes of my life to find that out.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Lets see.. This my first post here haha. I sold my old car and got a white 1520. WTH right? haha

Here in Bosnia you'd be in trouble getting a flagship phone after selling your car. 'Cause you know, everything is insanely expensive.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I see you guys are talking about high school. All those groups you've mentioned are present in my case too. Thought+ I haven't seen anyone mentioning sport group.
I never really knew where if it. I'm in the popular group I'd say, but I also fit in rock/metal one, but again, on the other hand I'm a bit of a nerd. A colourful mixture I dare to say.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I just (more like 40 minutes ago) finished mowing the lawn. It wouldn't have been such a PITA if the god damn lawnmower was working properly.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

MIA said:
Ed, is your 1520 a AT&T or an unlocked model? I kept thinking about your chip near the volume buttons... If that were me I may have done a housing replacement.
oh man, I somehow missed this post MIA! (I manually quoted this from Rose640's quote)
I'm sorry.. hope you didn't think I was ignoring it... But yeah, I mean if I were still using the 1520 for daily driving I'd most definitely do a housing swap. But it's kinda on back burner status now and not really a priority. It would be cool to get a yellow housing for it though if I could find one on the cheap!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo