WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I guess whether they agree with the moderator's decision is a different matter altogether, but I guess the process is pretty clear cut.

Somewhat random - you probably would look pretty mean wielding a Thor like hammer while banning people...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
LOL!

I really don't like banning anyone. I'd rather guide them toward being a good member, and that's what happens in the majority of cases.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup, it seems it's actually hard to NOT get an excellent camera these days. Still, as I've said before though, for me, coming from a 920, 1020, and 1520, I'm very satisfied with the camera in my 6S Plus... especially with ProShot! The latest update for ProShot made it even better!

And the 6S Plus is one that combines a fantastic camera with stellar battery life. I can't speak for the smaller 6S though without OIS and the smaller battery... The Plus is where it's at!

Agreed. Guess I want one from the Windows or Android camp as I'm not in the mood to go back to iOS. I'm glad you found that the 6S works for you. Don't get me wrong, the G4 camera wise is really good, the battery life and screen outside in bright sunlight isn't. I may just get a spare battery charger and lug around the extra battery...like the old days. Maybe the Maxx's battery has spoiled me...I've always preferred better battery to better camera, but now I'm angling for both these days.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
LOL!

I really don't like banning anyone. I'd rather guide them toward being a good member, and that's what happens in the majority of cases.

I understand all that.

Still...You could totally rock the Thor (Jane Foster) custom look...no helmet needed. Just make sure it's a big hammer you can actually wield.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. Guess I want one from the Windows or Android camp as I'm not in the mood to go back to iOS. I'm glad you found that the 6S works for you. Don't get me wrong, the G4 camera wise is really good, the battery life and screen outside in bright sunlight isn't. I may just get a spare battery charger and lug around the extra battery...like the old days. Maybe the Maxx's battery has spoiled me...I've always preferred better battery to better camera, but now I'm angling for both these days.

I just wish they'd (Apple) come up with something new for the GUI. (I mean besides 3D Touch which is cool, but it doesn't really change the way the main interface looks!)

I was thinking, (here goes my imagination again) is there a skin (or something similar) that you can apply to a vanilla Android device (like a Nexus 6P) that would be similar, or mimic the Windows 10 Mobile Start screen? What ever happened to those Android phones that Nokia put out shortly after the acquisition? They had something like a Start screen, didn't they?

Edit: it was the Nokia X I was thinking of... After looking at this pic I thought "ugghh nevermind" lol

image.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just wish they'd (Apple) come up with something new for the GUI. (I mean besides 3D Touch which is cool, but it doesn't really change the way the main interface looks!)

I was thinking, (here goes my imagination again) is there a skin (or something similar) that you can apply to a vanilla Android device (like a Nexus 6P) that would be similar, or mimic the Windows 10 Mobile Start screen? What ever happened to those Android phones that Nokia put out shortly after the acquisition? They had something like a Start screen, didn't they?

Edit: it was the Nokia X I was thinking of... After looking at this pic I thought "ugghh nevermind" lol

View attachment 125296

Apple won't redesign the UI for a while. The staleness of the UI and it's app driven nature is exactly what drove me from iOS. Some people like that...I outgrew it pretty quickly.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Apple won't redesign the UI for a while. The staleness of the UI and it's app driven nature is exactly what drove me from iOS. Some people like that...I outgrew it pretty quickly.

Yeah, and I understand people getting bored with it. I also understand the "if it's not broken, don't fix it philosophy". I mean, they've perfected it and it works perfectly. The 3D Touch (adding another layer) thing was really the only thing they could do without disturbing what they have there.

Is it "stale"? IDK.. "Bland" maybe, but I think they've kept it that way on purpose to keep the OS transparent, and not getting in the way between the user and their content/apps. On Windows and even Android, users spend more time fiddling with the OS and tweaking things (which don't get me wrong - isn't always a bad thing) than enjoying the actual feature, app, or content they set out to enjoy in the first place. That's another reason I love these iPhones.. they save me so much time, as I don't really have to do anything to make everything work.

On the other hand, I do get bored and like to tinker just like the rest of us... I guess until the magical "perfect phone" of my imagination comes into fruition, I'll always be a 2 or more phone kind of guy! lol

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Tomorrow's another day...guess they'll be doomed when you're on your game (pun intended)...

lol yeah, but the open BETA ends tonight at midnight... I'll have to wait until May13th (Friday the 13th!) until the full game is released.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

LOL!

But some people just don't want to listen😀
I guess whether they agree with the moderator's decision is a different matter altogether, but I guess the process is pretty clear cut.

Somewhat random - you probably would look pretty mean wielding a Thor like hammer while banning people...

She should get an avatar pic like that!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, and I understand people getting bored with it. I also understand the "if it's not broken, don't fix it philosophy". I mean, they've perfected it and it works perfectly. The 3D Touch (adding another layer) thing was really the only thing they could do without disturbing what they have there.

Is it "stale"? IDK.. "Bland" maybe, but I think they've kept it that way on purpose to keep the OS transparent, and not getting in the way between the user and their content/apps. On Windows and even Android, users spend more time fiddling with the OS and tweaking things (which don't get me wrong - isn't always a bad thing) than enjoying the actual feature, app, or content they set out to enjoy in the first place. That's another reason I love these iPhones.. they save me so much time, as I don't really have to do anything to make everything work.

On the other hand, I do get bored and like to tinker just like the rest of us... I guess until the magical "perfect phone" of my imagination comes into fruition, I'll always be a 2 or more phone kind of guy! lol
But try figuring out how to change the time the screen stays on before it goes to sleep or import your Outlook contacts to a brand new iPhone, it requires quite a bit of effort. See Vlad's rant about a custom ringtone for an iPhone on The Verge...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Alright gang, I guess it's about that time...
bedtimes.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)