WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As for my network issues, it turned out that I need to restart the NAS for some reason.

I didn't have time to sort out if I still need use the WD Discovery software. It seems to find everything but I didn't try mapping a drive yet. At least I can find the drive now.

Doesn't explain the issues with the other laptop though... the one I was sorting out is a fresh install of W10.

Synaptics software still sucks though. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I got my new SIM card but now I have to go to the shops to get things sorted. I need to cancel the one and set the other up. It's all fun I tell ya.

Technology is great but the processes to get things going seems to take forever....

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Good morning... I hate it when I forget to buy coffee, then end up having to go to the store early in the morning and stagger through the store like a zombie... Must.. Have... Coffee

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good morning... I hate it when I forget to buy coffee, then end up having to go to the store early in the morning and stagger through the store like a zombie... Must.. Have... Coffee
I always try to have some sort of coffee on hand for just such situations.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

As for my network issues, it turned out that I need to restart the NAS for some reason.

I didn't have time to sort out if I still need use the WD Discovery software. It seems to find everything but I didn't try mapping a drive yet. At least I can find the drive now.

Doesn't explain the issues with the other laptop though... the one I was sorting out is a fresh install of W10.

Synaptics software still sucks though. :p
On the trackpad / Synaptics thing, I've noticed on this Toshiba Satelite laptop I have, that one of the recent Windows updates knocked out the whole trackpad driver/software package thing from Synaptics I had installed... It was like everything was set back to factory as far as the trackpad goes. (Which means no fancy Win10 gesture controls etc as this was originally a Windows 7 laptop)
Guess I'll have to go to Synaptics for their updated driver package.. because Windows obviously didn't pick it up.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

On the trackpad / Synaptics thing, I've noticed on this Toshiba Satelite laptop I have, that one of the recent Windows updates knocked out the whole trackpad driver/software package thing from Synaptics I had installed... It was like everything was set back to factory as far as the trackpad goes. (Which means no fancy Win10 gesture controls etc as this was originally a Windows 7 laptop)
Guess I'll have to go to Synaptics for their updated driver package.. because Windows obviously didn't pick it up.
That's odd. Mine finds the driver just fine. The issue is that it resets to default every time you restart the PC. Very annoying. I'm not a huge fan of gestures.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I always try to have some sort of coffee on hand for just such situations.

lol yes, I do too, it's just on the occasion that we'll forget we're out, then wake up in the morning like "ugghh"...

Should've had Siri or Cortana set a "buy coffee" reminder! lol

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

That's odd. Mine finds the driver just fine. The issue is that it resets to default every time you restart the PC. Very annoying. I'm not a huge fan of gestures.
Neither am I, but some two finger swipes come in handy for Win10 functions. That and the track pad just works better with everything set up correctly. (Basic mouse speed etc) Not a big issue for me priority-wise, as I don't really use this laptop for much other than the "server" role it plays on my home network. Yeah, it's really just an extra storage location. This is one of the largest laptops on the market (it's got an 18.6" screen!) so I rarely pick it up and move it... It's more like a desktop PC shaped like a laptop! lol

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Neither am I, but some two finger swipes come in handy for Win10 functions. That and the track pad just works better with everything set up correctly. (Basic mouse speed etc) Not a big issue for me priority-wise, as I don't really use this laptop for much other than the "server" role it plays on my home network. Yeah, it's really just an extra storage location. This is one of the largest laptops on the market (it's got an 18.6" screen!) so I rarely pick it up and move it... It's more like a desktop PC shaped like a laptop! lol
Correction: it's got an 18.4" screen. This is the laptop I have here:

Toshiba Satellite P505D-S8930 review - CNET

And Cnet's review on it is spot on. The battery sucks! Even worse in my case, as it's a few years old. It stays plugged in... And the processor.... Mediocre but it works.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MIA thanks for the heads up regarding the update. No sign of it yet.

No problem.

No sign of it yet either for me. While Sony is slow as molasses with this 6.0.1 rollout, they're still doing a better job than "Moto"...

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077