WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It is not in the display section of the settings where one would look for first..it is in a place where Apple thought it would be best for everyone...

I see your point. The "auto-lock" though, is locking the phone as a whole. Not just the screen right. Come to think of it, on Win10 Mobile, it's not in the Display section of settings either... lol it's under Lockscreen settings :p

image.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanx and true.

Seems like the Sony phones are wanted, yet the Android doesn't like to hang with the Xperia's.

I was hoping with a G4 I could have some Marshmallowy sweetness even though they say it doesn't add much.
At least from what I read.

Heck whaddo I know I'm always 2 years behind and 200 dollars short.

Short version, since I've been using a G4 for three weeks going into a month now...

6.0.1 helps out in terms of improving the standby time. Doze is really great on this thing. Once you hit go and start using it, it's a typical LG phone (outside of the V10) where it is a gas guzzler. When i use mine on wifi at work, this thing eats power faster than a hungry Sahib on two Tri tip sandwiches.

Otherwise, reviews are on point. Nice screen - except for in direct sunlight, camera is good, loudspeaker is useless, 808 runs well mostly but has its moments to lag (that's why I use Nova and not the LG launcher), quick charger is the **** and the swappable battery is the **** times 2. Try one with a leather back as that ceramic plastic is a rip off like the price of food these days.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Short version, since I've been using a G4 for three weeks going into a month now...

6.0.1 helps out in terms of improving the standby time. Doze is really great on this thing. Once you hit go and start using it, it's a typical LG phone (outside of the V10) where it is a gas guzzler. When i use mine on wifi at work, this thing eats power faster than a hungry Sahib on two Tri tip sandwiches.

Otherwise, reviews are on point. Nice screen - except for in direct sunlight, camera is good, loudspeaker is useless, 808 runs well mostly but has its moments to lag (that's why I use Nova and not the LG launcher), quick charger is the **** and the swappable battery is the **** times 2. Try one with a leather back as that ceramic plastic is a rip off like the price of food these days.

Really Mia really :p you had to use me

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good to know MIA.
Sounds like it's right up my alley, not perfect...but who wants perfect when we will always want imperfections anyway :)

It's a good phone. I like it alot, and I really like the G5, contrary to all the negative stuff out on it. I'd make the upgrade to a G5, but (just like my G4), won't use it as a daily driver because of the battery woes.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It is my Z3. It takes a good shot. It's like any point and shoot. In the right conditions and in the right hands it takes a decent picture but never fantastic.

When the Z3 is on, it is very good. Just wasn't on consistently enough for me...that's why I dropped it and didn't take the Z5 as it isn't that much of an improvement for the price...

I still miss it...

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice! I too, prefer to live near the coast. I'm about 30-40 minute drive from the Atlantic, then there's the mighty 3 mile wide St. John's river right here in town about 10 minutes away, as well as several large lakes... Always makes for great photo shoot backdrops!
I grew up in Toronto so I lived near Lake Ontario, short distance by bike.

It wasn't until I moved to Australia that I lived near a coast and water again. Pacific ocean and Brisbane River.

Now I'm about 10 mind to the coast which is nice. With the weather getting warmer I hope to spend more time there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When the Z3 is on, it is very good. Just wasn't on consistently enough for me...that's why I dropped it and didn't take the Z5 as it isn't that much of an improvement for the price...

I still miss it...

G4 Approved
I'm curious to see if 6 will be a good upgrade on the camera. Not that I find it bad now though.

I have no idea what my next phone will be. It's a waiting game at the moment and since I'm not exactly rolling in it, there's no hurry. It's looking like 2017 unless something happens to my Z3.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious to see if 6 will be a good upgrade on the camera. Not that I find it bad now though.

I have no idea what my next phone will be. It's a waiting game at the moment and since I'm not exactly rolling in it, there's no hurry. It's looking like 2017 unless something happens to my Z3.

Um, there is no Z6. Sony retired the Z line in favor of the new X series. The high end is the X performance, which uses the S820 chip. The camera is an improved version of the Z5's. Still no OIS ( so automatically I'm not interested) and now, no 4K recording. Some prelim shots I saw look decent, but I'm not hopeful.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x-review-1425.php

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Do any of the carrier stores (here in the U.S.) carry the 6P? I'd really like to go fondle one.
Some Best Buy stores have them. You'd have to check their website to see if any are available in stores near you.

The carrier stores won't sell the 6P or 5X, since both are unlocked and unbranded. It's like the way it is with the iPhone. You have to go to the Apple Store for a SIM free iPhone. The difference is that all carriers sell locked iPhones, so it's not hard to find an iPhone to play with in any store.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I would like to test drive the G5, Nextbit Robin and the HTC 10 this year. I don't know if I will get to do any of the three, but I'd like to. Not really interested in anything else. I'm still very content with keeping what I have.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Howz the crime rate up there :)

We haven't been robbed in a while down here.
:excited:

No robbing , or police chase . actually now that I think about it, nothing really major has happened as for crimes committed in Orland. There was murder 5 years ago. That's the only recent one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077