WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Um, there is no Z6. Sony retired the Z line in favor of the new X series. The high end is the X performance, which uses the S820 chip. The camera is an improved version of the Z5's. Still no OIS ( so automatically I'm not interested) and now, no 4K recording. Some prelim shots I saw look decent, but I'm not hopeful.

Sony Xperia X hands-on: A closer look - GSMArena.com

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I know the Z series is pretty much obsolete so I'm not going to bother with the Z5 now. I don't know what to make of the X series yet but I'm not sure I'll stick with Sony. At this stage the X series doesn't do much for me.

But in general nothing really appeals to me. That's why it's 2017 for the next phone or mini tablet as they're trying to push here on WC. :p

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

No robbing , or police chase . actually now that I think about it, nothing really major has happened as for crimes committed in Orland. There was murder 5 years ago. That's the only recent one

There was a shooting here yesterday.
The perp was on the run for a while.

Sacramento has always been a good hideout for parolees on a crime spree.
I'd like to move up to Los Molinos or Red Bluff to escape this BS down here...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know the Z series is pretty much obsolete so I'm not going to bother with the Z5 now. I don't know what to make of the X series yet but I'm not sure I'll stick with Sony. At this stage the X series doesn't do much for me.

But in general nothing really appeals to me. That's why it's 2017 for the next phone or mini tablet as they're trying to push here on WC. :p

I'll never understand why a company dominating the sensor sales is so horrid in camera software. That's the one thing I like about Samsung: it's leveraging the parts of its conglomerate better than Sony for the mobile division.

Until Sony makes a good camera all around, I'll pass.

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll never understand why a company dominating the sensor sales is so horrid in camera software. That's the one thing I like about Samsung: it's leveraging the parts of its conglomerate better than Sony for the mobile division.

Until Sony makes a good camera all around, I'll pass.

G4 Approved

It's almost like they don't talk to each other. Kind of like the way MS used to be....

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Anyone wanna buy a used Nvidia GTX 295 dual GPU video card? This is a very powerful gaming card... Problem is though, is that it's a DirectX 10 card. It will not run newer titles that require DirectX11 hardware.

I'm thinking of asking $100 OBO (which is sad because back in 2010, this was a $675 card new)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ed if I had a desktop PC I would consider it. Thing is I don't game and don't need that level of power... oh well.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ed if I had a desktop PC I would consider it. Thing is I don't game and don't need that level of power... oh well.
It'd be a great card for someone who still plays older DX10 games.

Besides gaming (though it is geared toward gamers), it also would add a ton of graphical processing power for heavy video editing and such, far beyond the capabilities of an onboard proprietary video chipset.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's almost like they don't talk to each other. Kind of like the way MS used to be....

Well, Sony has been restructuring for the better part of 10(!) years, so I'm not surprised. The truth of the matter is that I like the idea of where they've settled with the X line. This rumored X Premium phone makes no sense to me though. I think they took the best of the compact and OG Z phones and makes something compelling. The S652 chip is as good as the 808.

But the truth is that Samsung now offers water resistance and may do so for a while. HTC has arguably equalled Sony's audio chops, maybe surpassed them in other areas too. So...what do they have to offer to stand out? The UI, while light looking, takes too much work for updates. They may want to take the HTC approach and pare down their skin even more to pump out quicker updates.

Sony doesn't have a strategy, so they'll always overprice their stuff and watch people not buy it.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm tired and would have stayed home if I wasn't working with the group of peer educators today. They've got today's meeting to prep for their trial run group facilitation next week before doing the live workshop in two weeks. I'm going get very grumpy today if they're lollygagging and time wasting in the meeting...

G4 Approved

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

There was a shooting here yesterday.
The perp was on the run for a while.

Sacramento has always been a good hideout for parolees on a crime spree.
I'd like to move up to Los Molinos or Red Bluff to escape this BS down here...

Los molinos? Man that place is super and I mean super quite. The only thing you would have to worry about is if you get cell service :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills