WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think even the trips I have planned are not going to let me unwind. I need a 7 day backpacking trip in the Sierra Nevadas to chill out and completely unplug...no cell reception in the mountains.
Last fall, I thought I might be able to unplug like that during our trip up to the mountains.. Yeah, there was no cell service at all, but what did we find when we got to the cabin? High speed WiFi lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh wow... that does suck! I'm slightly taken back by this... damnit man.. just damnit!

We all are in the same place.

...So I'll share this story...

Circa 2010. Michael Jackson had died, I just moved in to where I live with a cute grad student in divinity school (she's now my ex, of course). Her grandmother had the "winning touch", where should could call in on live radio shows that were giving away tickets and win every time. She won use tickets to the Prince concert in the fall that year in NJ as a Xmas gift.

Man, it was standing room only. Lala Hathaway and Esmeralda Spaulding opened for Prince. They killed it. Absolutely killed it. Both ladies were awesome, his background singers were stellar and Prince when it was his turn brought each out for an individual set. What was amazing was that he sung mostly "early Prince", so much of it I didn't know as I was a casual Prince listener growing up. What made the concert even more memorable was that the crowd were made up of true Prince fans and they knew the words to all the early Prince songs he performed. I had some phone back then and took a pic of the stage...I saw the picture recently and if I find it, I'll share it.

Great concert. Great artist. Great true musician - he will be missed.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The orange back cover for the 950XL and a case also made it's way from China over to my place today. So it should be a good day later in the day. The screen protectors for the Surface Pro 3 arrived but I haven't got a chance to apply them. Tonight need to pick out the outfit for the wedding we are going to tomorrow...

Mini-review! Mini-review!

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I got a new office chair, so comfy :)
d30070e27d280ea99cb41291b2522a5f.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura!

Nice moves by the Browns...hope they get some good players with those picks...

G4 Approved

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Did Instagram just started doing same s**t FB has been doing for a while, so not the newest posts are first but most "relevant".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte