WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm not familiar with his work besides music, but this, what I just saw, that's just simply amazing.
I watched it at work and my mouth dropped. You forget just how good he is. He was considered one of the best guitarist for good reason.

His music is very eclectic and so was he as an individual.

He loved performing and making music, as you can see in that video. That's the reason his fans loved him and why he's well respected in the industry.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I watched it at work and my mouth dropped. You forget just how good he is. He was considered one of the best guitarist for good reason.

He loved performing and making music, as you can see in that video. That's the reason his fans loved him and why he's well respected in the industry.

Always had a great respect for a man who can handle the ax well. Prince, Joe Walsh, Carlos Santana, Hendrix, George Benson..all world class ax men, but stellar musicians.

You can see in the video as overpowering as Prince was, the best part was the opening with the ability to play with restraint, and how in timing he let his riffs go.

Here's another example of true musicians at work:

https://youtu.be/CfFuD7qSeR0

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

When was just starting to listen rock, more than 8 years ago, 'cause you know, I'm pretty young, I would search for the list of the greatest guitar players ever since I've always loved the sound of electric guitar. And he was on every single list, always better ranked than Slash and similar, I would always get pissed off thinking that he was not worthy, that he wasn't better than Slash and Vai. Now I see that I was soo wrong, as you said, I just stared at the screen watching him magnificently playing that ax without even trying hard.
He kinda reminds of the way Gilmour plays, but it might just be me.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

School's over for me as of yesterday. I'll have around 10 days free and will make sure I use them wisely. Although I will be resting, I still have to learn Physics and Latin. 10 days should be more than enough for the task.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

We have final exams still to do. First one is essay about Ana Karenina and one other Slovene book. You know matura in BIH right?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

We have final exams still to do. First one is essay about Ana Karenina and one other Slovene book. You know matura in BIH right?

Uhhh, I do. I'll have to do that too, but I won't have to try hard since I had final A every year, that is up to now, we'll see how this one passes and the next one, shouldn't be any problems.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My 950XL came in yesterday along with the orange back cover.

Attachments

• WP_20160422_11_08_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160422_11_08_15_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Morning crew..

Rue, my GF and I always talk about stuff like that, especially when a classic band/singer or artist comes through on tour.. She always says "we really need to go see them/him/her... You never know when this might be their last tour, or this might be our last chance to see them..."
I remember back in 1993 I had booked a trip to Florida with some friends. I thought about canceling my trip, since I found out that Nirvana was going to be playing in Akron on Halloween.

My coworkers talked me out of canceling my trip and said, "You can always see Nirvana next time." I did not cancel my trip, but I did reply, "But what if Kurt dies?" I was devastated 6 months later when my thoughts turned out to be true--granted, I expected an overdose, not a suicide.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Here's what that Xperia Z3 E-Bay seller sent me.
P1000948.JPG

The seller said:
"Some devices may have hairline scratches due to how they are shipped to us"
These phones were listed as "new / other" in his listing.

Looked like someone was prying on this one and bent the trim edge.

The phone worked great and had perfect glass front and back.

On it's way back to the seller now.
Hope I get credited fast :(

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

When was just starting to listen rock, more than 8 years ago, 'cause you know, I'm pretty young, I would search for the list of the greatest guitar players ever since I've always loved the sound of electric guitar. And he was on every single list, always better ranked than Slash and similar, I would always get pissed off thinking that he was not worthy, that he wasn't better than Slash and Vai. Now I see that I was soo wrong, as you said, I just stared at the screen watching him magnificently playing that ax without even trying hard.
He kinda reminds of the way Gilmour plays, but it might just be me.

Well, that's really a matter of opinion and personal taste to be honest. There are no "best" guitar players... there's just great ones, that different people admire. It's all a matter of ones taste.

In my opinion, having been a guitar player/composer for over 30 years, I'll honestly say that I think Slash is WAY over-rated and Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are up there at the top. Prince was good, yes, but somewhere lingering around the top 3/4ths of all the greats IMHO.

But yeah, Slash and Vai are in two totally different dimensions lol. That's really like saying a Toyota Tercel and a Maserati are both great cars... IMO

Prince now joins the greats in the great beyond. He's in good company with Jimi Hendrix, Randy Rhoads, and Dime-bag Darrell...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here's what that Xperia Z3 E-Bay seller sent me.
View attachment 125430

The seller said:
"Some devices may have hairline scratches due to how they are shipped to us"
These phones were listed as "new / other" in his listing.

Looked like someone was prying on this one and bent the trim edge.

The phone worked great and had perfect glass front and back.

On it's way back to the seller now.
Hope I get credited fast :(

That's a shame.

Why not get the unlocked Z3? I know you're trading away half the storage and Wifi calling, but it is eons better than the T-Mobile Z3.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just got out from the funny farm...headed to Japanese class and then I'll head back to the job site because it's a going away for a colleague. I'll have my two Guinness and then go get some sleep.

G4 Approved

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon