WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Look what I found when I was looking through some things I have.
f7019cd2ca7e992e75fa260aae0513b4.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well, that's really a matter of opinion and personal taste to be honest. There are no "best" guitar players... there's just great ones, that different people admire. It's all a matter of ones taste.

In my opinion, having been a guitar player/composer for over 30 years, I'll honestly say that I think Slash is WAY over-rated and Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are up there at the top. Prince was good, yes, but somewhere lingering around the top 3/4ths of all the greats IMHO.

But yeah, Slash and Vai are in two totally different dimensions lol. That's really like saying a Toyota Tercel and a Maserati are both great cars... IMO

Prince now joins the greats in the great beyond. He's in good company with Jimi Hendrix, Randy Rhoads, and Dime-bag Darrell...

I don't know, I like Slash's solos from AFD and Use your illusion albums, you can't say they're not great. But also, I have never seen him doing any solo exhibits like Vai and Satriani. So you might be right about that one.
I've been hooked to Morello lately, you can't not to like his unconventional style.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Smashed the tip of my left hand ring finger this morning, between a frozen solid pack of spare ribs and a stainless steel sink... It did not feel good I'll tell you that! It's still throbbing like hell... :(

It's my fretboard hand too!! Probably not going to be playing any guitar tonight...

View attachment 125438

That's pretty much the same outcome whenever a hammer and I meet each other.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I was totally born at the wrong time. And the wrong place. I'd give half of my liver to be able to see them live.
Look up David Gilmoure's tour.. It'd be pretty close to seeing Pink Floyd. He plays most of the songs that he had a part of on his tour.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Roger Waters did an excellent reproduction of the original "The Wall" concert/album as well. That one you can find on YouTube.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I stopped into my local AT&T store yesterday to take a look at the SE for the GF.. Noticed the Microsoft display section was gone! I was like "where's the Microsoft stuff?" They guy says "oh, they quit paying for that spot"... "We do still have the 950 over there" pointing toward the wall where a mixture of android, Windows, and apple phones where.

So I guess Microsoft is really giving up on their mobile push eh?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

They used to have a big section right in the middle of the store showcasing the Surface 3 and the 950/640 with the "Do great things" mantra and all... Not any more!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Looks like everyone is sleeping in this morning... In this time zone anyway. What's going on across the pond?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Wow... I can't believe MSFT has done a complete 180 and removed the Skype integration from messaging after all that work of getting it integrated. After seeing their abandoned display at the AT&T store, I'm reminded why I jumped ship!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I'm just taking it easy today... resting and letting my busted finger heal. I tried playing some guitar last night to see if the injury would get in the way. I can still play.. But it's painful as hell!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

Short version to last night...

1) Went to a farewell happy hour for a colleague

2) We hit two different bars (one was cool, the other was yuppie as **** crowd wise - DJ was decent though)

3) I had 6 Guinness, but only paid for 1 myself (2 of my colleagues bought me 2)

4) My boss bought me 3 Guinness (she was surprised I showed up late)

5) I danced with my boss a few times (didn't do anything fancy, wasn't as awkward on my end)

6) I took a cab with one of the newer colleagues, who was worried about me not being nice to her (we talked)

7) One of my other colleagues got drunk to a point where I had to hold her phone for her for a while

8) Did some dancing with some of my other coworkers

9) Stayed chill and didn't flirt with anyone; watched a group of girls beside us looking on at how our group was going crazy dancing...they should have joined in but I guess they didn't want to ruin their make-up.

10) Wasn't drunk even though I had 6 Guinness on an empty stomach.

All in all, one of the better farewells I've gone to.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs