WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I stopped into my local AT&T store yesterday to take a look at the SE for the GF.. Noticed the Microsoft display section was gone! I was like "where's the Microsoft stuff?" They guy says "oh, they quit paying for that spot"... "We do still have the 950 over there" pointing toward the wall where a mixture of android, Windows, and apple phones where.

So I guess Microsoft is really giving up on their mobile push eh?

It's a shame indeed. I'm not surprised that MSFT to do that. Seems like they're really playing the long, long game. But...who will be around to care once they figure things out?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

Short version to last night...

1) Went to a farewell happy hour for a colleague

2) We hit two different bars (one was cool, the other was yuppie as **** crowd wise - DJ was decent though)

3) I had 6 Guinness, but only paid for 1 myself (2 of my colleagues bought me 2)

4) My boss bought me 3 Guinness (she was surprised I showed up late)

5) I danced with my boss a few times (didn't do anything fancy, wasn't as awkward on my end)

6) I took a cab with one of the newer colleagues, who was worried about me not being nice to her (we talked)

7) One of my other colleagues got drunk to a point where I had to hold her phone for her for a while

8) Did some dancing with some of my other coworkers

9) Stayed chill and didn't flirt with anyone; watched a group of girls beside us looking on at how our group was going crazy dancing...they should have joined in but I guess they didn't want to ruin their make-up.

10) Wasn't drunk even though I had 6 Guinness on an empty stomach.

All in all, one of the better farewells I've gone to.

Well it sounds like everyone had a good time, drank responsibly, and made it home safe most importantly!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Funny, I titled those videos "busted finger blues", but actually, the first one is a compilation of classical style covers. A couple from Randy Rhoads, some of my own random stuff in the middle, and some Metallica towards the end...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

The 2nd one can be filed under the "blues" style though... Joe Walsh and Don Henley's Hotel California solo. (I try to cover both parts!) at the end of that particular video, I'm determined to get the ending part of the solo down and start doing it really fast. It's all part of my practice routine... my injured finger isn't really slowing me down, just hurts!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Tried to get on and play some "The Division" this morning... But the game servers are down apparently. Maintenance??

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Gonna reset my router and give it another shot after breakfast.. (Making scrambled eggs, corned beef hash, and toast)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Roger Waters did an excellent reproduction of the original "The Wall" concert/album as well. That one you can find on YouTube.

He was in Belgrade few years ago, but again that's a bit too far from where I am and accomodation would be a major issue. I'd be more than happy if they would come to Zagreb at least, that way I wouldn't have any problems at all, I could stay at my cousin's.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So I stopped into my local AT&T store yesterday to take a look at the SE for the GF.. Noticed the Microsoft display section was gone! I was like "where's the Microsoft stuff?" They guy says "oh, they quit paying for that spot"... "We do still have the 950 over there" pointing toward the wall where a mixture of android, Windows, and apple phones where.

So I guess Microsoft is really giving up on their mobile push eh?

That was the case even here. In almost every major store you would find a dedicated Apple corner, Samsung, Sony etc. Lumias would always be placed among Chinese androids.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Looks like everyone is sleeping in this morning... In this time zone anyway. What's going on across the pond?

I was visiting my relatives. I was so amused that I went to another room, fell asleep, and didn't wake up until we had to go.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Wow... I can't believe MSFT has done a complete 180 and removed the Skype integration from messaging after all that work of getting it integrated. After seeing their abandoned display at the AT&T store, I'm reminded why I jumped ship!

I think they'll bring it back. At least that's what I think I read somewhere in WC articles.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Morning folks.

Short version to last night...

1) Went to a farewell happy hour for a colleague

2) We hit two different bars (one was cool, the other was yuppie as **** crowd wise - DJ was decent though)

3) I had 6 Guinness, but only paid for 1 myself (2 of my colleagues bought me 2)

4) My boss bought me 3 Guinness (she was surprised I showed up late)

5) I danced with my boss a few times (didn't do anything fancy, wasn't as awkward on my end)

6) I took a cab with one of the newer colleagues, who was worried about me not being nice to her (we talked)

7) One of my other colleagues got drunk to a point where I had to hold her phone for her for a while

8) Did some dancing with some of my other coworkers

9) Stayed chill and didn't flirt with anyone; watched a group of girls beside us looking on at how our group was going crazy dancing...they should have joined in but I guess they didn't want to ruin their make-up.

10) Wasn't drunk even though I had 6 Guinness on an empty stomach.

All in all, one of the better farewells I've gone to.

I can't remember when was the last time I had 6 beers. The last time I went out I had 2 Coronas (didn't pay for any of them, it was my friend's birthday) and that's it. I'm trying to take it easy with alcohol. I won't be drinking it at all for the 1st of May.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Wow... I can't believe MSFT has done a complete 180 and removed the Skype integration from messaging after all that work of getting it integrated. After seeing their abandoned display at the AT&T store, I'm reminded why I jumped ship!

I still want a similar iMessage integration for wp!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning all. Looks like another busy day for me. Sometimes I think my weekends are more busy than the weekdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss