WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I still want a similar iMessage integration for wp!

You closet Apple fan....

That's where I thought they were heading with the Skype integration.. but I guess it's not gonna happen. They really need something like iMessage and FaceTime. Let's face it... Skype video calling on mobile does not come anywhere close to Apple's FaceTime quality.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's where I thought they were heading with the Skype integration.. but I guess it's not gonna happen. They really need something like iMessage and FaceTime. Let's face it... Skype video calling on mobile does not come anywhere close to Apple's FaceTime quality.
I think that perhaps it would be better if Microsoft gave users the option of integrating Skype/SMS/MMS or not. Some people might prefer to keep everything in one place, but others might prefer to have Skype and SMS/MMS separate.

I've never used iOS, but Android has the option of using Hangouts for SMS/MMS if a user wants to do so. I'm using Hangouts for my SMS/MMS on Android, rather than another SMS/MMS app.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I think that perhaps it would be better if Microsoft gave users the option of integrating Skype/SMS/MMS or not. Some people might prefer to keep everything in one place, but others might prefer to have Skype and SMS/MMS separate.

I've never used iOS, but Android has the option of using Hangouts for SMS/MMS if a user wants to do so. I'm using Hangouts for my SMS/MMS on Android, rather than another SMS/MMS app.

That'd be even better. I was confused a bit when they first showed it few builds back. I didn't know whether it was for messaging or skyping. Honestly, I don't miss it. I don't use Skype that much on my phone, so I don't really need it.

They should fix the messaging app first, and then try to integrate more into it. I sent two messages yesterday, got no response, I thought my friend didn't see them. Just today I got his responses, not late at all.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Hangouts is available on iOS as well, just as all the other Google apps and services are.

The thing with Microsoft though, is that's fine if they want to keep things separate, but they start one thing, and put so much work into it, only to find out in a few months, they've completely changed their mind and their direction. They need to make up people's minds! lol

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Was getting in the car in the driveway at my house and I noticed something in the middle of the driveway.... it was a little birdie skeleton. :|

Looks like he's been there for a while?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Was getting in the car in the driveway at my house and I noticed something in the middle of the driveway.... it was a little birdie skeleton. :|

Do you have a cat? Do your neighbors have a cat? Perhaps a cat brought it to you.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That reminds me ... I HATE BIRDS. There's one little bird that wakes me up every single, god damn morning at 6 a.m.. She, or he, can't stop knocking on my window, and whatever I do she just keeps coming back. It's like someone's hitting me in the head with a hammer.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That reminds me ... I HATE BIRDS. There's one little bird that wakes me up every single, god damn morning at 6 a.m.. She, or he, can't stop knocking on my window, and whatever I do she just keeps coming back. It's like someone's hitting me in the head with a hammer.
I have mourning doves outside my apartment. They start cooing every morning and never stop until the sun goes down. They are very annoying.

priorplace

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

Cool! Welcome to the forums btw... Which phone do you have?

Thanks! I got a Surface Book recently and liked it so much I bought a Lumia 950 to go with it. I've come from Android. It's been a bit of an adjustment, but I'm surprised by how fast I've become attached to the 950.

Band 2 is next to complete my MSification...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! I got a Surface Book recently and liked it so much I bought a Lumia 950 to go with it. I've come from Android. It's been a bit of an adjustment, but I'm surprised by how fast I've become attached to the 950.

Band 2 is next to complete my MSification...

Sweet! The Surface Book is an amazing device... I'd love to have one!

Glad you joined the forums!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So it's off to dinner at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant with the GF. A nice way to end a strange sort of week.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So it's off to dinner at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant with the GF. A nice way to end a strange sort of week.

G4 Approved

Dinner was OK...I think they either changed the chef or we went so early that they just started cooking. Some places the first cook isn't always as on point.

We also had frozen yogurt at 16 Handles which was OK. Not as excited about dinner today as we usually are.

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I forgot to post the "little birdie" pic... I guess now, after everyone has had dinner is better anyway lol

20160423_201647082_iOS.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett