WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

priorplace

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Dropped my shiny new 950 on the treadmill whilst running at the gym. It shot off to the other side if the room.

Not a scratch on the phone or my Mozo case.

*phew*

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Dropped my shiny new 950 on the treadmill whilst running at the gym. It shot off to the other side if the room.

Not a scratch on the phone or my Mozo case.

*phew*

Now you're some pretty lucky guy. First time I dropped my 640 I got a few scratches on the sides.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's a nice afternoon here in the NYC weather. I get to spend it...

...going home to flash ROMs and messing with clean linens...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

G4 Approved

In my defense, there will be some pizza and beer involved, so it's not all completely for a loss. If I get lucky going home, I'll get a Coconut icee too.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll never be (too) critical of women's fashion. It is very creative and cutting edge at times.

Still...you see everything here in NYC in the spring and definitely in the summer. Some hot bods, great looks, and some train wrecks. Too tight, too much skin, too much belly, too much stretch marks. And too much attitude.

But that's what makes NYC a different animal...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
In my defense, there will be some pizza and beer involved, so it's not all completely for a loss. If I get lucky going home, I'll get a Coconut icee too.

G4 Approved

There are days I want to live back in the city. There are days I want to live closer but stay in NJ. And there are days I like where I live.

It's just like that some times. Decisions, decisions...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I ordered a red leather back, which I'm looking forward to testing out. I always loved the beige and sky blue backs for the G4.

But they did I think the brown and red leather back in a smoother leather style...and all the others (black, yellow, orange, beige and sky blue) in this dimpled patterned leather look.

So while I like the blue, it's really the black but in a different color. So we'll see if the red has the same level of grip to it.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

With pretty much a month into my time with the G4, I'm pleased with it overall. Make no mistake, at the right price I'd get a G5 because that camera is fun to use...but I could also very easily see myself waiting until next year to see if they tweak the G5's design and jump to the G6.

I wished the screen wasn't so useless in bright sunlight and that the battery was better. I'd love to see how a G5 port runs on this...I mean, they have it for the G2 already...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I ordered a red leather back, which I'm looking forward to testing out. I always loved the beige and sky blue backs for the G4.

But they did I think the brown and red leather back in a smoother leather style...and all the others (black, yellow, orange, beige and sky blue) in this dimpled patterned leather look.

So while I like the blue, it's really the black but in a different color. So we'll see if the red has the same level of grip to it.

G4 Approved

I also ordered an external charger. It's a pity the older one I had from a few years ago doesn't play well with the shape of the G4's battery...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

G4 Approved

I'm looking forward to getting MMS on the M8 running. If I can do that (I've got the instructions saved), it'll make using that phone again more appealing.

Truth is I don't use MMS. There are times I'll send a few people stuff by it, but my supervisor decided to have a group text between 10 people on the team so I need to be able to see those...even though I don't care to see them.

My guess is the Maxx should be an easier fix...I didn't flash "Moto's" standard recovery so I'm stuck in a boot loop where TWRP is trying to apply the update automatically when it is not designed to be updated using TWRP.

So I have to reflash the ROM kicking off TWRP. This involves wiping the phone completely. There's a new soak test out so I'm going to most likely jump to that...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

With pretty much a month into my time with the G4, I'm pleased with it overall. Make no mistake, at the right price I'd get a G5 because that camera is fun to use...but I could also very easily see myself waiting until next year to see if they tweak the G5's design and jump to the G6.

I wished the screen wasn't so useless in bright sunlight and that the battery was better. I'd love to see how a G5 port runs on this...I mean, they have it for the G2 already...

G4 Approved

I average about 3.5 screen on time between charges. And I charge it every 30 hours. So that's in line what I used to do with the One plus One, but way less than both the Z3 and Maxx. I mean, I don't keep my phone to look at and be cute, but having it die quickly is quite useless.

Don't care about getting me comfortably through the day...I care about two days usage.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must admit that MSFT's 950 line are growing on me a bit more. Their current prices aren't though. Amazing they're still so expensive...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see Jason Ward is on another good writing spell. I'm very interested to see where the market goes within the next few years.

I don't think Google will have as much adjust to changes as Apple will...due to bring victims of their own success.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not to get overly political, but I was reading an op-ed poll in the NY Times talking about the tough job that both US party nominees will have of unifying their parties in the fall. With it looking like Trump v Hillary, it'll be an interesting train wreck either way...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not to get overly political, but I was reading an op-ed poll in the NY Times talking about the tough job that both US party nominees will have of unifying their parties in the fall. With it looking like Trump v Hillary, it'll be an interesting train wreck either way...

G4 Approved

Still, both parties should be worried. Voter turnout in 2012 was very bad...I don't think it'll be better this year. These candidates appear to be very tone deaf to the needs of certain important groups who may chose to just stay home come election day.

That's a recipe for disaster...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see Jason Ward is on another good writing spell. I'm very interested to see where the market goes within the next few years.

I don't think Google will have as much adjust to changes as Apple will...due to bring victims of their own success.

G4 Approved

Looks like all 3 are jumping onto the idea of better device integration. Some days I wish I was in one platform where I could go from phone to tablet to desktop and work more seamlessly.

You can argue that from the Android side since the S800 chips (outside of the S810), hardware is good enough for even past the two year support cycle. But OEMs and Google won't do that...

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro