WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well that sort of depends where I am and if there's anything to take pictures of. I've been to London a few times where I haven't taken any pictures.

It's a sort of a mood thing. I sometimes feel like a tourist or a local. I've been to London so many times I can probably be a tourist guide. :p
In that case, you probably know some cool things that the locals know, but the typical tourists don't. Maybe you could find some lesser known but interesting things to take pictures of.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well, I agree that summer dresses on a woman are a wonderful thing.

I agree with Sahib that once they're comfortable in whatever they're wearing is when a woman is most attractive. I cannot say that my own respect levels are based on how much she is or isn't showing in her outfit. Mine is based moreso on how she carries herself and who she is over what she's wearing...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Maybe I haven't expressed myself in the right way. What I wanted to say is that I don't have the respect for women who look cheap.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Had our first BBQ of the season. We still need to buy a proper BBQ. We used our portable one which is good but not the same. We're planning to take the portable one down to the seafront when the weather gets nicer.

We got a home made one. Just a metal frame and a marble plate inside it. It's reall great for grilling. Stays heated long after the fire is gone.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

MIA have you read that article, here on WC about the L950 XL? You were looking for a nice deal, if this is not a nice one that I don't know what is. You could keep the XL, sell the smaller one, and save ~400$.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MIA have you read that article, here on WC about the L950 XL? You were looking for a nice deal, if this is not a nice one that I don't know what is. You could keep the XL, sell the smaller one, and save ~400$.

Looks like it's a Canada only promotion at this point...

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In that case, you probably know some cool things that the locals know, but the typical tourists don't. Maybe you could find some lesser known but interesting things to take pictures of.

I've been to a few places tourists probably don't ventured to. Things they wouldn't know about. However, whether they're picture worthy is a different discussion.

The main issue is, London, like NYC, is very tourist driven these days. You can usually tell who works/lives in London vs a tourist. I walk around like a local which sometimes means being asked for directions or help. I'm sure my accent throws them the minute I open my mouth though! Though occasionally a bit of a British accent does come out. I should try harder. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Still half asleep, but about to get ready to go to the funny farm.

It's been so long since I've done my regular commute into the city, I've almost forgot how it works...

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Had our first BBQ of the season. We still need to buy a proper BBQ. We used our portable one which is good but not the same. We're planning to take the portable one down to the seafront when the weather gets nicer.

Trying to find a decent BBQ at a decent price is not going to be easy... damn things have gotten expensive!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It will be an early lunch today I think. I'm a touch famished.

I was supposed to be in meetings this whole week but that's not required. So it's all good. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of the Canada only promotion by MSFT, I think that you'll see a fair amount of things like this going forward for one simple reason:

The high end market is too saturated. There is a small group of people who wield multiple devices, but since folks are holding onto devices longer, OEMs are going to really fight to get new devices into the hands of people.

My guess is $500 is going to be the new flagship price eventually...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Everyone i use my 2014 setup (Maxx/SW3), I'm reminded of how close sometimes an OEM can get and the flaws can severely hamper all the good will in the product.

If the Maxx had the X 2015's camera, i wouldn't buy a G4. If Sony did a better job of designing the holder kit and making the metal strap more accessible, I won't have a 360 (2014) or a G Watch R.

Good luck OEMs: your margin for error is getting smaller each year. And sometimes you hit your marks and it may not still be enough...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh.. lol well whoever @hasasimo is said they posted it on the "WC forums" so I thought it was you. Good thing I didn't call him Sahib lol :D

I'm glad he doesn't have a Twitter handle. I think @swing&misspro is probably taken anyways...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12