WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm actually off today. But watching the clock.. I just know my phone is going to start ringing around 9am EST

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually off today. But watching the clock.. I just know my phone is going to start ringing around 9am EST

Anyone who calls my phone about work on my day off pays a consultation fee...

...so of course, no one calls, except my supervisor when she has a brain cramp moment - so i ignore her calls.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Clash Royale is SO frustratingly good! I'm at a point where trying to progress in the game is really, really difficult. It's like I take one step forward and two steps back... then, I'll have a winning streak and win 3 matches in a row, only to be followed by 2 losses... them I'm right back where I started!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Clash Royale is SO frustratingly good! I'm at a point where trying to progress in the game is really, really difficult. It's like I take one step forward and two steps back... then, I'll have a winning streak and win 3 matches in a row, only to be followed by 2 losses... them I'm right back where I started!

Maybe I've gotten old and boring, but I'm only paying marvel clash of champions and asphalt 8 these days. Both of those have enough content to keep me occupied.

Perhaps I'll look into this one too. Still say my favorite conquer the world series was Sid Meier's Civilization series. I still have the full Civ3 pack in my house, except for the disc i need to play the game, SMH...

More importantly, i just think it's robbery with where devs have taken up the freemium model. I get it, but still...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

The thing about this feeling of not getting anywhere though, is that while it seems like you're making no progress, all of your cards are constantly, and slowly being upgraded. So the more you play, the easier the current arena level becomes.

Of course the opponents are constantly upgrading their cards as well. The matchmaking is pretty much spot on, so it's just a matter of using the cards wisely to win...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I've gotten old and boring, but I'm only paying marvel clash of champions and asphalt 8 these days. Both of those have enough content to keep me occupied.

Perhaps I'll look into this one too. Still say my favorite conquer the world series was Sid Meier's Civilization series. I still have the full Civ3 pack in my house, except for the disc i need to play the game, SMH...

More importantly, i just think it's robbery with where devs have taken up the freemium model. I get it, but still...

Posted via Moto Maxx
You should give it a shot. Give it some time, at first glance, it may not seem like much, but once it hits you and you "get it", you'll be hooked...

It's a very simple looking game on the cover, but when you start leveling up your cards, and get to where you can join a clan (Arena 3), the many intricate nuances of the game will start to reveal themselves.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've got mixed feelings about Amazon local delivery.

When I'm home, it's great. At least you're in good shape to get your stuff. The problem is when I'm not home. Sounds obvious, right?

Here's the thing. When USPS was the major carriers, what has happened recently is they installed lockers in my apartment complex to hold oversized packages that couldn't fit in the mailbox. This helps declutter the post office and saves us the trip of having to go there for **** whenever the mailman is being lazy (or in my case, whenever there's someone subbing for my mailman as he's damn good).

But the Amazon local stuff doesn't qualify in think for that. So it sucks.

I bring this all up because my G4's charger is being delivered that way...so I'll most likely have to get it from my neighbor on Sunday when i head back over.

Stuck up US problems, i know... but sometimes it sucks being an outlier in an issue...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah, and the thing about the "freemium games" with this one, yes, it's free to play, and there are plenty of ways to spend real money in the game with IAPs and such to get upgrades quicker etc.. but so far, I haven't spent a single cent on this game. It doesn't force you to buy anything at all.. it will make it enticing at times though!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You should give it a shot. Give it some time, at first glance, it may not seem like much, but once it hits you and you "get it", you'll be hooked...

It's a very simple looking game on the cover, but when you start leveling up your cards, and get to where you can join a clan (Arena 3), the many intricate nuances of the game will start to reveal themselves.

Well, once i max out all 69 heroes in Clash of Champions, I'll take a look at this.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh, and the thing about being "old"...

I've always been a "gamer". I love my games.. What can I say! The GF gives me a hard time sometimes; "you're 47 years old and still playing those video games?" She says. Whenever she says stuff like that I remind her that my dad (who's 80!) still plays Unreal Tournament and Call of Duty type games on his PC and loves it!

<gamer4life> :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro