WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I need a new pair of in-ear headphones. The Xiaomi Pistons I have are nice on an audio level, but don't create a tight enough seal for my commute, forcing me to use higher volumes and sacrifice sound quality. It's why the preferred cans but won't wear cans on my commute.

The curse of smaller shaped ear canals...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I need a new pair of in-ear headphones. The Xiaomi Pistons I have are nice on an audio level, but don't create a tight enough seal for my commute, forcing me to use higher volumes and sacrifice sound quality. It's why the preferred cans but won't wear cans on my commute.

The curse of smaller shaped ear canals...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I need to get a good pair for myself too. I have some cheap ones, they're nice and loud, i believe they're above 100 dB, but leak as hell, and have pure isolation, that's what I don't like about them. I'll probably look into ebay or amazon and order from there, 'cause you can't find anything good in stores around here.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've got mixed feelings about Amazon local delivery.

When I'm home, it's great. At least you're in good shape to get your stuff. The problem is when I'm not home. Sounds obvious, right?

Here's the thing. When USPS was the major carriers, what has happened recently is they installed lockers in my apartment complex to hold oversized packages that couldn't fit in the mailbox. This helps declutter the post office and saves us the trip of having to go there for **** whenever the mailman is being lazy (or in my case, whenever there's someone subbing for my mailman as he's damn good).

But the Amazon local stuff doesn't qualify in think for that. So it sucks.

I bring this all up because my G4's charger is being delivered that way...so I'll most likely have to get it from my neighbor on Sunday when i head back over.

Stuck up US problems, i know... but sometimes it sucks being an outlier in an issue...

Posted via Moto Maxx

We similar issues in the UK. We've had times in the past where the mail man didn't even bother buzzing and sent it straight to the depot. It was good the depot was a small walk away but we had to wait until either later that day or next day. Then there was the line ups.

At our new place our stuff gets given to neighbours if we're not home or we somehow miss their knocking (which they don't do it seems). So that relies on us having to disturb the neighbours for our stuff. Which is a bit annoying.

I think I have to install a doorbell... might go with a wireless. Maybe see if there is an apps connected one or something.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well you said "30 minutes" so you listened to the song on repeat about 10 times? lol

Yes I have. It was a nice change after Slipknot, so I got hooked. I've one through few of Zeppelin's songs too. It's nice when you turn up the volume to the maximum and your ears still don't hurt, lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes I have. It was a nice change after Slipknot, so I got hooked. I've one through few of Zeppelin's songs too. It's nice when you turn up the volume to the maximum and your ears still don't hurt, lol.

Which Zeppelin song?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

We similar issues in the UK. We've had times in the past where the mail man didn't even bother buzzing and sent it straight to the depot. It was good the depot was a small walk away but we had to wait until either later that day or next day. Then there was the line ups.

At our new place our stuff gets given to neighbours if we're not home or we somehow miss their knocking (which they don't do it seems). So that relies on us having to disturb the neighbours for our stuff. Which is a bit annoying.

I think I have to install a doorbell... might go with a wireless. Maybe see if there is an apps connected one or something.
Here at our house, we always use the garage for coming in and out. We never use the front door. Unless I'm expecting something and have been following the tracking on it, they'll just leave it right at the front door. We've found packages sitting out there (via UPS) that have sat there for days until one of us just happened to notice it. Would be nice if they left a notice or note in the mailbox or something.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Which Zeppelin song?

I do a couple Zeppelin covers on my YouTube channel...

Here's my rendition of "Rain Song"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here at our house, we always use the garage for coming in and out. We never use the front door. Unless I'm expecting something and have been following the tracking on it, they'll just leave it right at the front door. We've found packages sitting out there (via UPS) that have sat there for days until one of us just happened to notice it. Would be nice if they left a notice or note in the mailbox or something.

Our garage is out the back which is a lane so no deliveries there. We have no front garden either. So it's either we get it or it goes to a neighbour or to a depot. I should just get them all sent to here though at work.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So between here and the end of May I will only work one full 5 day week... :D

Lucky baahstud! :p

I'm getting ready to move from 5 days a week (with one double shift) to 6 days a week with 2 doubles. It was completely optional though, so they're not really forcing me to do it... But it comes with a substantial increase of pay, so I'm diving in head first...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Nice one ED! I can just picture the video sequence from Song Remains the Same.
Thanks Rue!

That song is one where you have to tune the guitar to the "Jimmy Page tuning", i.e. not your standard EADGBE tuning. It's one of my favorite Jimmy Page tunes to cover...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss