WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't have that^^^ guitar anymore either.. (The Ibanez Iceman IC300) sold it a while back. I kinda miss it!

Guitars are kind of like women. Many come and go.. Then, you'll find one that's a "keeper"... (my Gibson Les Paul Custom) I've bought, owned, and sold/traded so many guitars over the last 30-35 years of my playing. I always wanted to have a big collection of guitars, but I always end up selling the ones I don't play that much...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We similar issues in the UK. We've had times in the past where the mail man didn't even bother buzzing and sent it straight to the depot. It was good the depot was a small walk away but we had to wait until either later that day or next day. Then there was the line ups.

At our new place our stuff gets given to neighbours if we're not home or we somehow miss their knocking (which they don't do it seems). So that relies on us having to disturb the neighbours for our stuff. Which is a bit annoying.

I think I have to install a doorbell... might go with a wireless. Maybe see if there is an apps connected one or something.
They don't ring the doorbell. Just drop it off at the front door and bolt. Just got my Motor oil delivery yesterday.... Yes, I even buy car parts on Amazon.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Lucky baahstud!
I'm getting ready to move from 5 days a week (with one double shift) to 6 days a week with 2 doubles. It was completely optional though, so they're not really forcing me to do it... But it comes with a substantial increase of pay, so I'm diving in head first...
He is just rubbing it in...darn European holidays...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I need to get a good pair for myself too. I have some cheap ones, they're nice and loud, i believe they're above 100 dB, but leak as hell, and have pure isolation, that's what I don't like about them. I'll probably look into ebay or amazon and order from there, 'cause you can't find anything good in stores around here.

The best audio setup I've had so far was my Z3 and the Sony noise cancelling pair. Because it was electronic (built into the Z3), it was great. Swapped over some Sony ear tips from my SBH 20 and i was in heaven. Only drawback was it's the around the back of the head loop design i don't like. I still have the ear phones because they work the same way with my Z3 tablet compact, but they sound terrible in normal 3.5mm jacks.

So I'm still looking. Maybe i get another Marley's. The cans are great. I liked their in ears too but they couldn't hack my kind of daily abuse as well as I'd like.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

They don't ring the doorbell. Just drop it off at the front door and bolt. Just got my Motor oil delivery yesterday.... Yes, I even buy car parts on Amazon.

Nothing wrong with that... rockauto.com for parts, but motor oil? Don't they kill you on shipping for that?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, and the thing about being "old"...

I've always been a "gamer". I love my games.. What can I say! The GF gives me a hard time sometimes; "you're 47 years old and still playing those video games?" She says. Whenever she says stuff like that I remind her that my dad (who's 80!) still plays Unreal Tournament and Call of Duty type games on his PC and loves it!

<gamer4life> :p

I like games. Wasn't a hard core gamer as the only console I've owned was the NES. I've had a Gameboy, PSP and now a PSP Go, so i used to play console games at a friend's house. Still, you're right...console gamers never stop paying no matter the age.

Maybe i gave up some of console gaming because i wanted my consoles to do more - and the games got too expensive for me. Still, i can throw down when needed and do OK...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We similar issues in the UK. We've had times in the past where the mail man didn't even bother buzzing and sent it straight to the depot. It was good the depot was a small walk away but we had to wait until either later that day or next day. Then there was the line ups.

At our new place our stuff gets given to neighbours if we're not home or we somehow miss their knocking (which they don't do it seems). So that relies on us having to disturb the neighbours for our stuff. Which is a bit annoying.

I think I have to install a doorbell... might go with a wireless. Maybe see if there is an apps connected one or something.

Oh, the mail system in the US has a serious cluster**** feel to it. My cousin works in it, and the management rides them too hard, and the customers treat them almost as bad as the management. My neighbor who holds my packages when I'm not there also works int postal service. We had a long talk once about the reduced levels of professionalism and some of these issues.

I like my current mailman as he's old school - still enjoys his work and takes enough pride in it. It's just sad where we are culturally - a lack of equal value of everyone's roles, especially in the face of entitlement thinly veiled by those who have economic means...

In

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I like games. Wasn't a hard core gamer as the only console I've owned was the NES. I've had a Gameboy, PSP and now a PSP Go, so i used to play console games at a friend's house. Still, you're right...console gamers never stop paying no matter the age.

Maybe i gave up some of console gaming because i wanted my consoles to do more - and the games got too expensive for me. Still, i can throw down when needed and do OK...

Posted via Moto Maxx
Yeah, the last "game console" I owned was the Super NES. My kid has his Wii U, but other than that, we're all PC here (or mobile).

My son just got Minecraft for his Wii U, then a few days later, I see him playing Minecraft on his desktop PC. Already knowing the answer, I asked "hey, what's up with Minecraft on the Wii U?" He goes "Dad, that version is cool, but the PC version is so much better!"

I thought to myself "that's my boy!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786