WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Here at our house, we always use the garage for coming in and out. We never use the front door. Unless I'm expecting something and have been following the tracking on it, they'll just leave it right at the front door. We've found packages sitting out there (via UPS) that have sat there for days until one of us just happened to notice it. Would be nice if they left a notice or note in the mailbox or something.

Floridians RARELY use their front door, from what I've seen or experienced if you have a house with a garage. So I'm surprised that UPS would do that, but i guess they're sticking with their policy...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh, the mail system in the US has a serious cluster**** feel to it. My cousin works in it, and the management rides them too hard, and the customers treat them almost as bad as the management. My neighbor who holds my packages when I'm not there also works int postal service. We had a long talk once about the reduced levels of professionalism and some of these issues.

I like my current mailman as he's old school - still enjoys his work and takes enough pride in it. It's just sad where we are culturally - a lack of equal value of everyone's roles, especially in the face of entitlement thinly veiled by those who have economic means...

In

Posted via Moto Maxx
Yup, my father actually retired from the Post Office after 40 years. He says he's so glad he got out when he did.. before everything started going to sh*t. He was also a letter carrier in the Navy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, the last "game console" I owned was the Super NES. My kid has his Wii U, but other than that, we're all PC here (or mobile).

My son just got Minecraft for his Wii U, then a few days later, I see him playing Minecraft on his desktop PC. Already knowing the answer, I asked "hey, what's up with Minecraft on the Wii U?" He goes "Dad, that version is cool, but the PC version is so much better!"

I thought to myself "that's my boy!"

I have great respect for consoles, but Nothing beats PC gaming. That was my console growing up...

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

He is just rubbing it in...darn European holidays...

What I only have 20 days holidays plus a lousy 8 public holidays (what they call 'bank' holidays here). The public holidays end up being so close to each other it's sad. They're basically all gone by May then it's not until August for the next one, then it's xmas after that.

I have long weekends every other week though due to my working hours. Which is nice. I'd prefer a permanent vacation though. :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

They cannot run this promotion in the US... AT&T will kill them, since I'm sure they're sitting on a stock of unsold 950s...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Terms and conditions state " only available to U.S, Canada and Puerto Rico" so it can still come to the us😁

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's the rubbing it in part, for sure...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Yes but I still put in a 40 hour week just longer hours get the Friday off.

I should also point out that my work doesn't shift public holidays if our holiday falls on a Friday. So we technically work it.

I should also point out that my time in the UK is the first time in a long time for me to not be working more than 40 hours a week. I'm used to working 45+ hours a week. Not sure if that will happen on this crap project I'm on or not.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes but I still put in a 40 hour week just longer hours get the Friday off.

I should also point out that my work doesn't shift public holidays if our holiday falls on a Friday. So we technically work it.

I should also point out that my time in the UK is the first time in a long time for me to not be working more than 40 hours a week. I'm used to working 45+ hours a week. Not sure if that will happen on this crap project I'm on or not.

I'd take a longer work hours but a shorter commute and long weekends any day of the week...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Bought myself a new stainless steel thermos from Dunkin Donuts... tired of bringing my coffee cup in the car. I always end up spilling it!

image.jpeg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Same here but maybe just maybe they haven't updated the site for the U.S. I do hope I'm right though because this deal is great

I'm not holding out hope, honestly.

I don't think the 950 is a bad device at all. I just think what we talked about months ago on the thread has happened...MSFT mispriced the phones. I get that these were made "for the fans". I get that mobile isn't the focus this year. I get that Windows 10 was buggy as hell on launch. But...once the surface phones drop, these would have been greater devices be wise of being affordable mid range options.

I wish they had put the 950 at $449 on launch and the XL at $549. The 950 pound for pound on a good sale in the $375 range is a very compelling choice. The G4 is still better with similar hardware and you can find those for $300 or sometimes lower. The Moto X 2015 is the same thing, but maybe $50 more than the G4.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And why that picture is sideways I have no idea... I didn't snap it sideways!

If be more worried if it was oriented properly and you were about to slide off the table...

That reminds me of the greatest cartoon sketch I've seen. Was a Tom and Jerry episode, but it wasn't Tom or Jerry. They had this other cat they used from time to time as a "cowardly cat". So these two mice started some psychological warfare to unnerve the poor miscreant.

The coup de grace was when the cat was asleep and they glued the furniture on the ceiling and painted the floor to look like the ceiling. When the cat woke up he spent about 5 minutes trying to jump off the "ceiling" and couldn't understand why he wasn't able to do it.

One hell of a sketch...when i was a kid the first time i saw it i died laughing for 20 minutes...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So of course Amazon sends me an alert to say no one was home and they'll try to deliver it again tomorrow. I may call them and ask them to deliver it another day...

See, that's the hassle thing i don't like. I ordered it early Friday morning and it too them too long to process the order. I was hopeful they'd process and ship it quickly so I'd get it yesterday. It's weird because i ordered the replacement back for the G4 in the same order - that's the thing i thought that would show up this week and it got there early.

Convenience isn't convenient when it's a pain to fix the convenience...

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If be more worried if it was oriented properly and you were about to slide off the table...

That reminds me of the greatest cartoon sketch I've seen. Was a Tom and Jerry episode, but it wasn't Tom or Jerry. They had this other cat they used from time to time as a "cowardly cat". So these two mice started some psychological warfare to unnerve the poor miscreant.

The coup de grace was when the cat was asleep and they glued the furniture on the ceiling and painted the floor to look like the ceiling. When the cat woke up he spent about 5 minutes trying to jump off the "ceiling" and couldn't understand why he wasn't able to do it.

One hell of a sketch...when i was a kid the first time i saw it i died laughing for 20 minutes...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I remember that one. I did feel sorry for that cat though. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is why i love the maxx's battery...i don't feel claustrophobic about it running out of juice. I do think that 6.0.1 is a great software match. People report getting nice battery life on the Nexus 6, which is the same internal hardware powering a bigger phone and a similar style resolution on a smaller battery.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I remember that one. I did feel sorry for that cat though. :p

Neither did i. But it was too funny. That and there was this line in a Gummy Bears episode that had me and my adopted brother rolling on the floor for 20 minutes one Saturday morning were the funniest laughs I've ever had from cartoons.

Ah, those were the days...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte