WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So it appears Google is looking to do it's own type universal apps. Interesting.

I unfortunately read the comments because the article was on WC... that was a mistake.

In a way though Google sort of has universal apps already for their own apps, but this would mean all apps on Google store,which could be interesting.

I guess we'll see where this goes.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For those who think i like to rant about the greatness of Android, there are some apps i think done much better on Windows.

YouMail is one. It was pretty equal on Windows and Android for a time, but the mucked up the Android version where if you've got a phone in airplane mode and are on wifi it is harder to check your messages. The windows version everything is clean and crisp and it is easier to see messages and missed called and those who didn't leave messages.

NJ transit's official Android app is OK but there's a better transit solution on Windows. The only thing that's missing is the ticketing option, but they layout is so much better.

And there a few others i can point out. My issue with Windows is I'd rather quality apps than a bunch of stat stuffers - see the old school blackberry world that had 1 dev who had 1/3 of his apps be fakes.

When designed well, Windows apps are very good. When designed poorly, they're not worth a damn. Just need more of the well designed ones to close the app gap...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So it appears Google is looking to do it's own type universal apps. Interesting.

I unfortunately read the comments because the article was on WC... that was a mistake.

In a way though Google sort of has universal apps already for their own apps, but this would mean all apps on Google store,which could be interesting.

I guess we'll see where this goes.

Not surprised. MSFT has the right idea of cross compatible apps. This is the reason why i don't own a shield TV. Android has a ton of games and yet devs have to put in more work to make those same games work on a Chromebook and a Android TV device, as opposed to just coding once and it runs on Android TV, Chrome OS and Android as is. I think Google will have an interesting time doing this.

Oh, I'm sure the comments you read were a pure train wreck since the article was posted here on WPC...

Posted via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

What I only have 20 days holidays plus a lousy 8 public holidays (what they call 'bank' holidays here). The public holidays end up being so close to each other it's sad. They're basically all gone by May then it's not until August for the next one, then it's xmas after that.

I have long weekends every other week though due to my working hours. Which is nice. I'd prefer a permanent vacation though. :p

I get 20 holidays starting this year and then we have about 10 or 11 depending on how the days fall on a certain date in a given calendar year. But they are spread out decently. We also get two shutdown weeks but then have to give up 5 of our holidays or vacation days in exchange for two weeks off. Also in summer months we get early off on Fridays. I am planning to take the team out to a roller coaster theme park next month on one of the Fridays.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Looks like this thread exploded like the old times...I have too many meetings to catch up. Plus there was quite a bit of moderator activity pending this morning as well...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like this thread exploded like the old times...I have too many meetings to catch up. Plus there was quite a bit of moderator activity pending this morning as well...

I would take credit for it by being on my regular commute today, or being so excited to talk about my Maxx's soak test sideload, but i won't...

Posted via Moto Maxx

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Man I cant even talk to a friend without getting her bf upset. Sahib can win anymore lol. Either I stuck in the friend zone or have to make sure my female friends are okay with me talking with them.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The best audio setup I've had so far was my Z3 and the Sony noise cancelling pair. Because it was electronic (built into the Z3), it was great. Swapped over some Sony ear tips from my SBH 20 and i was in heaven. Only drawback was it's the around the back of the head loop design i don't like. I still have the ear phones because they work the same way with my Z3 tablet compact, but they sound terrible in normal 3.5mm jacks.

So I'm still looking. Maybe i get another Marley's. The cans are great. I liked their in ears too but they couldn't hack my kind of daily abuse as well as I'd like.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I've got Happy Plugs, I think that's what they're called. But I don't believe they're original. I payed only 7$ for them, while they cost much more on their official website.
I was thinking of ditching the 3.5mm headphones and getting a USB ones, huh? I've heard that the sound is much better with those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077