WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So the secret is out...MSFT isn't too proud of the 950 line.

So, if they knew this going in, why the F did they not price them more competitively? I wish they had gone the $449 and $549 route for the 950 and XL. Updates have made the phones better and eventually these will be the mid range once the surface phone hits...

But man, some of those companies surely know how to put head up *** sometimes...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Where did you here that?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm into different. That's the thing about me. Quirky songs I find interesting. It might be the subdued musician in me.

I've listened to those albums many times all the way through when I was about your age. I was going through an exploration of music at the time. Finding out what was so great about these supposedly great bands.

I listened to this kind of stuff for a few years then moved slowly into alternative rock over time. I started with heavy metal.

Now my musical taste is very eclectic and I try to see music differently than I did when I was younger.

I was exploring music around 4-5 years ago when I finally made it to rock, metal and smilar, and that's where I stopped. It suited me the most. I was listening to folk, pop, even a hip hop, but those were just phases. As I said, rock suits me the most, it's according to my character and most importantly very extensive, and that's why I never got bored with it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Ed, does the Gadgets app work on your 1520? 'Cause it demands a restart on my 640 but the phone won't actually restart? Is this the case just with my phone, like the Glance was, or is it a general thing?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

They sold 13% less iPhones than expected and their share price dropped another 8%.

Apple revenue falls for first time since 2003 - BBC News
Oh yeah, their sales have declined (or more or less plateaued) because everyone already has an iPhone that's "good enough", and they didn't feel the need to upgrade. The problem is that they make these phones too damn good! They last a long time, being able to run all the apps and such that the newest phones can. My GF is still hanging on to her 5S for now, even though she's been eligible for an upgrade, she's in no big hurry. She originally said she wanted to get the new SE, but after thinking about it, she has more of a "meh" stance on the matter... She's a perfect example of the stagnate market, as I believe many feel the same and are holding out. What she has now, works just fine!

The 6 "S" versions didn't have enough (in the average user's eyes) new features to warrant an upgrade (of course us techie types know that the S versions were a massive upgrade over the regular 6, but the masses aren't all techies).

I'm sure once the new one comes out (iPhone 7 or "8" from what I've heard) with an all new design, and iOS 10 with features that will only be available on the newest models, that sales will skyrocket again.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Where did you here that?
Yup, I read Daniel's article yesterday. Kinda got that feeling from that MS event where they officially announced the Surface Book, SP4, and only spent about 5 minutes talking about the 950/950XL..

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Are you alternative or death metal? :confused:

Hmmm idk, I play a wide variety of styles and genres. I don't do any "death" metal, but do play some heavy stuff. On the flip side, I do a lot of casual, contemporary fusion rock/metal type stuff. All instrumental of course, some, even might consider "easy listening"..

My musical influences include heavy metal (like classic metal: Iron Maiden, Judas Preist, KISS, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne etc etc) and of course classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Steve Miller, The Cars etc etc) then modern "virtuoso" instrumentalists (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen) ... Put all those in a blender and there you have my style! ;)

atlantisbRe

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I was exploring music around 4-5 years ago when I finally made it to rock, metal and smilar, and that's where I stopped. It suited me the most. I was listening to folk, pop, even a hip hop, but those were just phases. As I said, rock suits me the most, it's according to my character and most importantly very extensive, and that's why I never got bored with it.

And except rock some our traditional music :D
Im pretty the same, listening everything for many years but i started with the hip hop and today i think the same. The hip hop is best music for me, i love this style of rhyme, instrumentals and the essence of this.
But sometimes like to listen other genres (Rose will know :D)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ed, does the Gadgets app work on your 1520? 'Cause it demands a restart on my 640 but the phone won't actually restart? Is this the case just with my phone, like the Glance was, or is it a general thing?
Idk... "gadgets app"? I don't think I've tried that one. Got a link?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss