WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh yeah, their sales have declined (or more or less plateaued) because everyone already has an iPhone that's "good enough", and they didn't feel the need to upgrade. The problem is that they make these phones too damn good! They last a long time, being able to run all the apps and such that the newest phones can. My GF is still hanging on to her 5S for now, even though she's been eligible for an upgrade, she's in no big hurry. She originally said she wanted to get the new SE, but after thinking about it, she has more of a "meh" stance on the matter... She's a perfect example of the stagnate market, as I believe many feel the same and are holding out. What she has now, works just fine!

The 6 "S" versions didn't have enough (in the average user's eyes) new features to warrant an upgrade (of course us techie types know that the S versions were a massive upgrade over the regular 6, but the masses aren't all techies).

I'm sure once the new one comes out (iPhone 7 or "8" from what I've heard) with an all new design, and iOS 10 with features that will only be available on the newest models, that sales will skyrocket again.

I don't keep on top of iPhone stuff so I don't have any clue what their plans are. An article I read which discussed this (other than BBC) indicated some 'potential' upgrades which a lot of people found silly. Especially the new headphone jack... Though I'm sure the real fans will think it's amazing.... very typical of Apple.

I think we're hitting saturation on smartphones here in the west and with an increase presence of Chinese phones makers bringing out cheap high end phones it's going to take some persuasion for some people who aren't exactly brand loyal to justify spending the cash on an iPhone. Especially if you're just a user of things and don't do anything that special.

That's where things may change but that of course takes change of mindset, which is where MS is having issues as well. There's this perception that iPhone does everything the best and all else is crap or some such. I think it's going to become more difficult for Apple to justify it's pricing as time goes by and will continue to stagnate as investors expect more than what Apple think is 'good enough'.

Everything has a peak and this may be Apples. I think it will take more than a software upgrade and a slight change in hardware to wow people and get them to part with their cash.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah, their sales have declined (or more or less plateaued) because everyone already has an iPhone that's "good enough", and they didn't feel the need to upgrade. The problem is that they make these phones too damn good! They last a long time, being able to run all the apps and such that the newest phones can. My GF is still hanging on to her 5S for now, even though she's been eligible for an upgrade, she's in no big hurry. She originally said she wanted to get the new SE, but after thinking about it, she has more of a "meh" stance on the matter... She's a perfect example of the stagnate market, as I believe many feel the same and are holding out. What she has now, works just fine!

The 6 "S" versions didn't have enough (in the average user's eyes) new features to warrant an upgrade (of course us techie types know that the S versions were a massive upgrade over the regular 6, but the masses aren't all techies).

I'm sure once the new one comes out (iPhone 7 or "8" from what I've heard) with an all new design, and iOS 10 with features that will only be available on the newest models, that sales will skyrocket again.

Ibid.

The high-end Market is just so saturated that I think the only thing I can say that can save Apple now is actually an old Steve Jobs idea. He always wanted to remove that damn home button. So let's see if they can pull it off with the new iPhone.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't keep on top of iPhone stuff so I don't have any clue what their plans are. An article I read which discussed this (other than BBC) indicated some 'potential' upgrades which a lot of people found silly. Especially the new headphone jack... Though I'm sure the real fans will think it's amazing.... very typical of Apple.

I think we're hitting saturation on smartphones here in the west and with an increase presence of Chinese phones makers bringing out cheap high end phones it's going to take some persuasion for some people who aren't exactly brand loyal to justify spending the cash on an iPhone. Especially if you're just a user of things and don't do anything that special.

That's where things may change but that of course takes change of mindset, which is where MS is having issues as well. There's this perception that iPhone does everything the best and all else is crap or some such. I think it's going to become more difficult for Apple to justify it's pricing as time goes by and will continue to stagnate as investors expect more than what Apple think is 'good enough'.

Everything has a peak and this may be Apples. I think it will take more than a software upgrade and a slight change in hardware to wow people and get them to part with their cash.

I'm waiting for both Xiaomi and Huawei to clean up their Android skins and add LTE support for all US carriers. Once they do that and get here in force, the big boys are in trouble.

The market is so saturated that even for me it feels like splitting hairs, and my upgrades are in reality lateral moves.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah, you're definitely right about the saturation, and that's the thing. Everyone already has one. The thing with the average IPhone user, (and I'm definitely not one of these types!) is that they buy the latest iPhone as more of a "fashion symbol" or "status symbol". These users don't really care what their phone is capable of for the most part, but that they have "the look". That's why the "S" models sales declined.. because they "look" just like the regular 6 models.

When the new design and new "look" comes around, these users will come off of their money... Believe me. They won't be in the "in" crowd if they don't have the latest "look".

Even then though, with the market so saturated in the west, and all of the Chinese competition, they (Apple) might have to revisit the entry level again (ala "C" class?) and produce an affordable device for the emerging markets and new younger generation of potential smartphone purchases.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting for both Xiaomi and Huawei to clean up their Android skins and add LTE support for all US carriers. Once they do that and get here in force, the big boys are in trouble.

The market is so saturated that even for me it feels like splitting hairs, and my upgrades are in reality lateral moves.

Posted via Moto Maxx
Aka "sidegrade" lol

We've watched you do it a few times MIA lol

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

And except rock some our traditional music :D
Im pretty the same, listening everything for many years but i started with the hip hop and today i think the same. The hip hop is best music for me, i love this style of rhyme, instrumentals and the essence of this.
But sometimes like to listen other genres (Rose will know :D)
Hip hop instrumental? I'm really curious to hear an example of this.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was exploring music around 4-5 years ago when I finally made it to rock, metal and smilar, and that's where I stopped. It suited me the most. I was listening to folk, pop, even a hip hop, but those were just phases. As I said, rock suits me the most, it's according to my character and most importantly very extensive, and that's why I never got bored with it.

I haven't actually stopped exploring music. I may have 'preference' but I find I like listening to all sorts of music these days. Stuff I didn't really listen to when I was younger and newer stuff that I wouldn't have liked when I was younger.

My musical taste has always been eclectic to some extent but there were times where I got stuck on a particular type of music.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Good morning everyone. Took a couple of tries but got the HP Laserjet working with the Toshiba laptop at home.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I did manage to sell my lower end SP3 last night. I plan to start using the higher end one now because my Acer Aspire is slowing down after 4 years or so.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Hmmm idk, I play a wide variety of styles and genres. I don't do any "death" metal, but do play some heavy stuff. On the flip side, I do a lot of casual, contemporary fusion rock/metal type stuff. All instrumental of course, some, even might consider "easy listening"..

My musical influences include heavy metal (like classic metal: Iron Maiden, Judas Preist, KISS, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne etc etc) and of course classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Steve Miller, The Cars etc etc) then modern "virtuoso" instrumentalists (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen) ... Put all those in a blender and there you have my style! ;)

So this has been bugging me for a while, are Maiden and Judas Preist considered as 'classic' metal or new wave metal, or is that the same thing maybe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz