WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

And except rock some our traditional music :D
Im pretty the same, listening everything for many years but i started with the hip hop and today i think the same. The hip hop is best music for me, i love this style of rhyme, instrumentals and the essence of this.
But sometimes like to listen other genres (Rose will know :D)

Hahah, atlas and his traditional music :winktongue:
I don't like hip hop that much, though I can listen to some of the MC Hammer's stuff.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So this has been bugging me for a while, are Maiden and Judas Preist considered as 'classic' metal or new wave metal, or is that the same thing maybe?

When I was listening to them they were simply Heavy Metal. These days I'd assume they're 'classic' but who knows? What's a label these days?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I'll do some house cleaning and downsize devices wise over the next month or so...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I haven't actually stopped exploring music. I may have 'preference' but I find I like listening to all sorts of music these days. Stuff I didn't really listen to when I was younger and newer stuff that I wouldn't have liked when I was younger.

My musical taste has always been eclectic to some extent but there were times where I got stuck on a particular type of music.

Well I do still explore, but it's always around rock, if I can put it that way. I know very little about blues, jazz, funk, soul, even disco and all these are genres I like and would like to know more about. So that's approximately what my exploration looks like.

As far as other genres concerned, in some situations, I can stand american folk and country, quality pop (it's usually older stuff, 'cause let's face it, all of pop today is made with auto tune and all the songs sound the same and has similar, read dumb, topic and mesaage), and small, tiny part of rap, maybe 10-15 songs.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

When I was listening to them they were simply Heavy Metal. These days I'd assume they're 'classic' but who knows? What's a label these days?

I watched some Loudwire's video on Youtube and both were labeled as New Wave Metal. I'll try to find the video.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I do still explore, but it's always around rock, if I can put it that way. I know very little about blues, jazz, funk, soul, even disco and all these are genres I like and would like to know more about. So that's approximately what my exploration looks like.

As far as other genres concerned, in some situations, I can stand american folk and country, quality pop (it's usually older stuff, 'cause let's face it, all of pop today is made with auto tune and all the songs sound the same and has similar, read dumb, topic and mesaage), and small, tiny part of rap, maybe 10-15 songs.

I find most of the older music from typically 80s and back, a lot of music had stories to them or had some level of political message. Of course some was just silly but even some of those silly sounding songs had some meaning to them.

Most music today just lacks something. I can't put my finger on it. Some may simply say it has no 'soul' which may be correct. I think commercially made music is like the tech industry. It's good for a while then forgotten.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I watched some Loudwire's video on Youtube and both were labeled as New Wave Metal. I'll try to find the video.

Like I said, what's in a label?

I listen to Tool. They're considered Progressive Rock, Heavy Metal and New Wave and simply Rock. Pick your choice.. :p

What do you call the Red Hot Chilli Peppers? Funk? New Funk? Metal Funk? Punk Funk? etc?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I find most of the older music from typically 80s and back, a lot of music had stories to them or had some level of political message. Of course some was just silly but even some of those silly sounding songs had some meaning to them.

Most music today just lacks something. I can't put my finger on it. Some may simply say it has no 'soul' which may be correct. I think commercially made music is like the tech industry. It's good for a while then forgotten.

That's exactly what I was trying to say. It's not just case with American pop. As I said before, we have a true phenomenon here called Turbo Folk. No sense, no meaning, no message, nothing. Just a bunch of idiots trying to make money by showing no talent at all. I think we can all thank that to these so called 'super talent shows', like X Factor, American Pop Idol or whatever they're called. They're sending message to people that they can get famous and rich overnight, and well, we've all seen how most of those who competed ended up.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Like I said, what's in a label?

I listen to Tool. They're considered Progressive Rock, Heavy Metal and New Wave and simply Rock. Pick your choice.. :p

What do you call the Red Hot Chilli Peppers? Funk? New Funk? Metal Funk? Punk Funk? etc?

Wikipedia says alot, lol. Funk rock/metal/rap, uhh.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here you go. Motorhead is also on the list.

You're reading that incorrectly....

They mean 'A new group of' or 'A new bunch of'.

Not New Wave Heavy Metal....

In the 60s, 70s and 80s there was what is known as the 'British waves of music'. In other words popular British groups taking over the music stations or the 'air waves'.

There was one in the 90s, 2000s and 2010s as well.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I was messing with you :D
We were talking about how crazy weather has been in last few days. Sunday and Monday were freezing cold, and it snowed too, Tuesday and today are pretty warm with no or just a few clouds on the sky.
I'm hoping it'll be nice and warm for the 1st of May, you know how we Bosnians spend that day, lol-

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

You're reading that incorrectly....

They mean 'A new group of' or 'A new bunch of'.

Not New Wave Heavy Metal....

In the 60s, 70s and 80s there was what is known as the 'British waves of music'. In other words popular British groups taking over the music stations or the 'air waves'.

There was one in the 90s, 2000s and 2010s as well.

I've watched the video, like, 5-6 times, and never managed to see that "of" in the sentence. :angry:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

That's exactly what I was trying to say. It's not just case with American pop. As I said before, we have a true phenomenon here called Turbo Folk. No sense, no meaning, no message, nothing. Just a bunch of idiots trying to make money by showing no talent at all. I think we can all thank that to these so called 'super talent shows', like X Factor, American Pop Idol or whatever they're called. They're sending message to people that they can get famous and rich overnight, and well, we've all seen how most of those who competed ended up.
About Turbo Folk, usually singing about sex, because sex sells stuff ha?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster