WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This afternoon has been a real cluster**** so far...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Things got better though. Saw two young ladies today going through alot but ha doing things with great strength. This is what i like about the job...the young people are always impressive.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, now the hard part is to set everything back up...

G4 Approved

So far with this update...

Now that it's a few days in and the battery is starting to settle, here's the short summary...

The phone runs better battery wise. I still think that this was like the Xperia Z3, where Android 4.4.4 was the best OS version for it. Right now I'm on 36% with 4h 17min screen on time, which included probably 30mins of gaming with SkyForce at work. I didn't flash the Soak 2 update on it yet, as I may need my desktop to do so in the same way I flashed soak 1. Remember, even though "Moto's" soak tests are close to what their live firmware ends up being, the radios on this thing could still use some tweaking.

I think that this phone with new usage can do 1.5 days with 6.0.1. Light to medium usage is two days easily. The biggest gas guzzlers are the QHD screen and the radios, and with the radios tweaked, those are realistic numbers.

The reason why this phone frustrates me is that the one feature that's sub par cannot be fixed - the camera. The G4's two big dings in my book are the screen in outdoors and the battery. While I cannot change the sunlight legibility of the screen in the same manner I cannot change the bad camera in the Maxx, I can better manage the so-so battery life of the G4 by using a spare battery than I can do with the Maxx's camera.

That's a shame because this phone has literally everything else I want - a big battery, wireless charging, a very good screen in and outdoors, decent audio and ample internal storage. The design I didn't mind either, and the "modified stock" approach works. If I was using Windows as my daily drive, this is a great compliment. If I continue to overlook the camera, this is a nice compliment. But if I sold my Z3, which has a better shot of software support via Sony (than "Moto" for a less popular phone) because of primarily an inconsistent camera, then I cannot really keep this as it wasn't much better with the same issue...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

6.0.1 seems to be interesting on the Z3 Tablet Compact. I'll refrain from my comments until I can nag Rue into doing a review.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Sounds great! ��

Cool!

I have some of my collection converted to ALAC and stream those lossless through my Onedrive on my iPhone no problem with the Groove app for iOS. For the rest of my FLAC collection that I don't feel like converting, (or re-encoding the originals) I just use the VLC app to stream the FLAC files from my Onedrive. As a matter of fact, I believe PLEX was supposed to add FLAC support in one of their recent updates.. I need to try that.

That's the beauty of it all though.. The Onedrive streaming, with whatever bitrate I choose, there's always a way. And I never have to keep any music (or movies) on my phone taking up space. I never worry about data usage either because I'm always on WiFi. Yeah, I was serious about never having to use iTunes unless I want to install a ringtone! :D

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Sweet! I just checked, and PLEX does indeed now stream FLAC, and with today's update, now does ALAC files as well!

image.jpg

PLEX just may be my all in one GO TO app for all media, music and movie streaming now!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Uh huh, tell me about it...

Sad, but true...

My mind is made up though and the only thing that could change it is if I'm not able to sell the one I want to sell in a timely manner.

At least you're more objective when you sample...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Never fan of those portable cans.

That's a ****ty experience that'll always have a certain bite to it whenever he talks about it going forward...

When I first saw this post, I thought you were talking about headphones lol (portable cans?)

Yikes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb