WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just got done playing about 10 rounds of Clash Royale... progress: 0% (won 5 and lost 5) :/

Now I'm doing some spring cleaning in my Clash of Clans village. Got a new layout I'm using:

image.jpg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

And now I'm moving from the recliner and my mobile games, back to the man cave and my desktop gamer...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So one of my mentors at work is leaving...change is inevitable, but there's also no one there left from when i started.

Not sure how to feel about that...

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Feels like a reminder that my time here should wind down, honestly...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Writing on the wall kind of thing?

When I was a contractor I only ran one project to the end, I usually left before the ending simply because there usually was little benefit and I needed to find something else before other people. The only reason I went to the end with that one was due to the slow market.

It was a weird feeling for me to see everyone go, I was one of the last of the engineering group. Unfortunately there were not many opportunities around for me to jump ship so I stuck it out till the end. I even went back to do one more day as I was still with the company that I was contracted to.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So it looks like the official apps for Facebook and Instagram are finally coming.

Oddly enough the Facebook app is going to PC first than mobile. A bit odd. I know their using porting software but you'd think the way MS banged on about UWP and the way all the fans cheer it on this place that it would be easy development. Apparently not.

Slightly disappointed that Instgram is mobile only though with no plans for UWP... :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So it looks like the official apps for Facebook and Instagram are finally coming.

Oddly enough the Facebook app is going to PC first than mobile. A bit odd. I know their using porting software but you'd think the way MS banged on about UWP and the way all the fans cheer it on this place that it would be easy development. Apparently not.

Slightly disappointed that Instgram is mobile only though with no plans for UWP... :/

No uwp :/? Dang it would be amazing for desktop.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No uwp :/? Dang it would be amazing for desktop.

Going by what Daniel and others say on the article it appears it's not that easy a thing to do, it's extra work. Which sort of puts this whole idea of UWP into question...

Unless of course, you make a W10 app from scratch and UWP is easier then. This of course removes the whole, it's coming to PC then W10M gets it.

If using a porting software makes it difficult or a lot of extra work for UWP then UWP is meaningless for mobile, at this stage. I'm not trying to put a damper on things but if they don't improve that UWP is not as special as they were making it out to be. So much for it being a 'saviour'.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

6f72bc355206d7ec411c101ec954c8f1.png
huh I though I slept more

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Going by what Daniel and others say on the article it appears it's not that easy a thing to do, it's extra work. Which sort of puts this whole idea of UWP into question...

Unless of course, you make a W10 app from scratch and UWP is easier then. This of course removes the whole, it's coming to PC then W10M gets it.

If using a porting software makes it difficult or a lot of extra work for UWP then UWP is meaningless for mobile, at this stage. I'm not trying to put a damper on things but if they don't improve that UWP is not as special as they were making it out to be. So much for it being a 'saviour'.

Your right it does question the whole UWP. If Facebook found it difficult then I wonder if other devs will bother. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb