WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I remember why i don't use the regular website here...it looks horrible, in a very busy sort of way.

Yes, it has a very functional over form feel to it.

Posted via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So, it appears that Ed, Rue and I are in the top 3 in the liked group on the forums right now with Sahib at #5...and I'm #2 in the posters list.

Really? This is shocking.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Yup, sorry state of affairs, considering Sahib is the only one using a WP :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura! What's the scoop on your X 2015...did "Moto" repair/replace it?

Posted via Moto Maxx
From the email I got yesterday :

Dear LAURA KNOTEK,

We've shipped your repaired device back to you. We had to make extensive changes, but it's now in good working condition.

It's due back tomorrow per FedEx.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

From the email I got yesterday :

Dear LAURA KNOTEK,

We've shipped your repaired device back to you. We had to make extensive changes, but it's now in good working condition.

It's due back tomorrow per FedEx.

Hopefully it is fully up and running. "Moto" is taking a beating these days in the PR + customer service realm...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I remember why i don't use the regular website here...it looks horrible, in a very busy sort of way.

Yes, it has a very functional over form feel to it.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I only use the website on the computer, on mobile I use Tapatalk.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm in the process of downsizing. Headed down two 1 Android phone, 1 Android wear, 1 Windows phone and possibly a MSFT band 2.

The phone stuff was a bit of a fight to decide, but that's been determined. I'd love to get a G5, but the issue is the unlocked ones are too expensive, and i don't want a T-Mobile variant, which is now in my price range. Looks like I'll either wait until the end of the year or until how the G6 looks. I do like the camera on the G5 a whole lot though.

The watch is much harder. Still undecided there, as i like all three but plan to only keep one. Splitting hairs, i tell you...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm in the process of downsizing. Headed down two 1 Android phone, 1 Android wear, 1 Windows phone and possibly a MSFT band 2.

The phone stuff was a bit of a fight to decide, but that's been determined. I'd love to get a G5, but the issue is the unlocked ones are too expensive, and i don't want a T-Mobile variant, which is now in my price range. Looks like I'll either wait until the end of the year or until how the G6 looks. I do like the camera on the G5 a whole lot though.

The watch is much harder. Still undecided there, as i like all three but plan to only keep one. Splitting hairs, i tell you...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I'm almost tempted to just got down to 1 phone and 1 wearable...if i did that, I'm leaning towards going back to Windows...shocker. But i plan to use Windows 10 for a week to decide. I've used my M8 for a day here and there and it's been OK...but with a wearable in tow, I'll have a better sense of how things run for my needs...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I examine the landscape at work and it is filled with lots of uncertainty. People like the work, but there are some key losses happening and i really am not sure what direction management will take, which makes their normal approach more scary. I have the rest of the year to figure out for me, which makes the previous posts seem very insignificant in the grand scheme of things...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward to spring and summer here in NYC. The plan is to really make usage of the cameras on the phone(s) I'll have access to, and to get back to exploring the city again. It's been a while since i did some of that as it's hard to do while juggling work and school and commuting in the manner i do...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I got into a conversation with one of the social workers about professionalism today. She was being critical of one my colleagues in how she called out from work today with a substandard excuse. I mentioned how Kelly Ripa had a hissy fit recently and called out from her job for a few days when she wasn't given advance notice that her cohost was leaving the show and she was unapologetic upon her return.

I know some of the older regulars here would relate to when i say that times have certainly changed. I still try to carry on some of the old school professional habits instilled in me. I just dislike the instant gratification of where people don't like things at work they quit or just no show. Back in the day, that would get your *** fired...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really haven't missed cable since i cut it off. I need to call them though as i was given a promotional deal that i think expires in the summer. Netflix and Hulu have been enough to get me by since I'm not home enough to watch TV. I keep my show pool very small and commercial free these days...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hard to believe that it's been about (on and off, but mostly on) 4 years with the GF. Time flies and yet stands still in some ways...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I need to go do a cruise again. The first and last time was about 6 years ago. A very fun experience, even though there was too much food. It was a Carnival cruise with a stopover in Jamaica (saw a few friends naturally) and Grand Cayman (which was beautiful but ******* expensive).

I'd maybe want to go see the Bahamas and maybe Cozumel, Mexico. I think my favorite part of the cruise was the captain's dinner.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Man, being an adult is a pain in the *** at times. It's funny because as a kid i always wanted to be an adult for the freedom...and there are times as an adult i wish i was a kid...

Life is interesting like that sometimes...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I could keep going but it's almost nap time. The good thing about my schedule over the next month including this week is I'll be off on Monday 3 of those 4 weeks. But i pay for that by working on Saturday for 3 of the 4 weeks...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

The biggest pro and con of Windows is its usability. As a standalone OS, Windows is equal to iOS and Android as a daily driver for calls, etc. Camera is dead even as always.

But the trick is when they get into apps. The design language visually is nice, but if I was a dev and it is a PITA to code or port my apps to Windows, i wouldn't bother. Which is sad.

Posted via Moto Maxx
It is absolutely the apps. And it's no more of a PITA to code for Win10 (Mobile C#/.NET) than it is Objective C (iOS) or Java/C, C++ (Android). I'm not an "app developer", but I do have some experience in programming from my ITT days, and my gaming mods/level design days. MSFT has made it easier than ever to port, or even code from scratch. If you can create an Android or iOS app, you can create one for Win10M.

The problem is the lack of market and interest. Nobody wants to do any extra work for a handful of potential customers it seems. And convincing the devs of the whole new broad universal app market is like trying to get your kids to try liver again.. Promising that it "doesn't taste like liver this time"! (They turn their nose up at it every time!) Windows has left a bad taste in so many dev's mouths.

Windows Phone (Win10M) has the most beautiful GUI, and probably the "smartest" phone OS out there IMO, but until the Store has every single app that the others have, it's not going to cut it... not the pretty OS alone.

Until then, it's going to be Apple or Android for me here on out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven