WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I feel like Ed today, flipping back and forth between Marvel's Clash of Champions and Asphalt 8. I was going to do some grown up things today, but didn't feelmas well so I decided to go the low key and lazier route.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm honestly getting very bored in the smartphone arena. There really isn't anything out there right now that makes me want to run out and buy a phone. While I like the G5 and the HTC 10, my interest is more of a hardware than a software thing...and wanting to ensure that my current gear is more future proof.

If Sony leaves behind my Z3 Tablet Compact, I won't be so mad. But I think it should be still good enough to get Android N. I'd love to see multi window on this thing so i can take advantage of the very good screen space.

If I keep it the full year, LG will probably update the G4 to Android N, so I'm not worried there - especially since I've got an unlocked unit.

MSFT should support the 950 line for a while, so anything I get there should be fine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Some days I wish the OS was a bit more stable and polished for my purposes to go back to Windows as a daily driver. I still prefer the look and feel of Windows Phone 8 as my all time favorite, but I suppose as long as MSFT continues to tweak Windows 10, I could put up with it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Again, I must commend Jason Ward on his writing. While there are parts of his latest work I don't agree with, he is on a very nice room with a well thought out and nicely articulated line of thought. Reminds me a lot of how Michael Heller used to write on Phonearena.com back in the days...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Compromise is my argument. People who argue that it's to much money to send everyone to get a B.S degree I say way not make it so that everyone get a A.S degree. That easy who see that Getting a B.S might be too hard for them could leave college with just a A.S degree. Those who know they can could do so. Or something like that. It's obviously hard to please everyone but I'm going for a compromise

I could agrue that it'd be better to make the bachelor's degree free, and by doing that, the associate's degree would be free also.

But in my line of work, I still see youth who are doing well for themselves with an associate's degree or even in trade school. My biggest gripe is that I don't think our high school education still prepares youth as well as it should for college or trade school. It is also interesting how people still **** over vocational (trade) schools, with the perception that they're for troubled students. There are youth who even an associate's degree isn't helpful because their high school skills as fsr as writing tests and academic papers aren't great...yet they're dynamite in a kitchen, in an auto garage, or on a construction site...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Again, I must commend Jason Ward on his writing. While there are parts of his latest work I don't agree with, he is on a very nice room with a well thought out and nicely articulated line of thought. Reminds me a lot of how Michael Heller used to write on Phonearena.com back in the days...

This is why to some degree I agree with making sure that there are appropriate anti theft mechanisms in place to protect people's devices. I was watching an episode of Underworld Inc on Netflix (Sahib, you should really check that series out, along with Drugs, Inc) which showed how a guy in Chicago steals a phone and it ends up in Ecuador. Can you imagine living in Columbia and the cops pull you over and checks your cellphone to see if your gear is stolen? That's intense...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is why to some degree I agree with making sure that there are appropriate anti theft mechanisms in place to protect people's devices. I was watching an episode of Underworld Inc on Netflix (Sahib, you should really check that series out, along with Drugs, Inc) which showed how a guy in Chicago steals a phone and it ends up in Ecuador. Can you imagine living in Columbia and the cops pull you over and checks your cellphone to see if your gear is stolen? That's intense...

Perhaps I've watched enough crime shows to still be weary of biometrics as the best current form of anti theft protection on mobile devices. I'm not sure what the answer is really, but something about the idea of using a fingerprint scanner has me on the fence. Maybe because I'm used to changing devices so frequently, but still, it is nice to see OEMs working on different solutions to protect user data.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Some days I wish the OS was a bit more stable and polished for my purposes to go back to Windows as a daily driver. I still prefer the look and feel of Windows Phone 8 as my all time favorite, but I suppose as long as MSFT continues to tweak Windows 10, I could put up with it...

Windows phone always has me on the fence. At this point, you're really splitting hairs on usability when it comes to choosing between iOS, Windows and Android. I do prefer visually how Windows looks when done right...but not can look very jarring for the crude ports of the world.

My biggest problem with the app gap on Windows isnthe presence of the fakes. Now, there are fakes on iOS and Android too, but in a smaller app store I think the fakes are more damaging...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like 6.0.1 is finally out for the Maxx in Brazil. I kinda like the version in Soak Test 1 because of some of the software tweaks they had.

This still comes back to this weird business cycle. If you sell enough phone you can keep potentially a nice sized engineering department to manage software. When your phones don't sell, you lay off staff...making it take longer to do updates, but it makes your after care service look terrible and people less likely to buy phones...so your phones don't sell and you have to lay off staff who handles your updates...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura, I'm pretty pleased with some of the guys your Browns picked up in the draft. Looks like Hue has some nice high character guys to work with. I still have questions about the offensive line and such, but they could be relatively competitive this year. I don't expect more than 6 wins, but they won't be a walk over in the effort department.

My Jags have had a decent off season. Our defense has been so atrocious, so I'm glad the GM had infused some talent that side. Still, I don't like our O line at all. I think that needs some work. The Giants have also had an OK offseason, but they still need O line help too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Baseball season here has been interesting so far...the Yankees and old and it shows. The Mets are playing well. The Phillies - nice start. The White Sox have got to be the biggest surprise. Laura's Indians are a.500 club but still very solid. The Astros are a huge disappointment so far, along with the Twins.

Well, it's a month in. Come June, we'll had a better sense as to who the contenders are...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura, I'm pretty pleased with some of the guys your Browns picked up in the draft. Looks like Hue has some nice high character guys to work with. I still have questions about the offensive line and such, but they could be relatively competitive this year. I don't expect more than 6 wins, but they won't be a walk over in the effort department.

My Jags have had a decent off season. Our defense has been so atrocious, so I'm glad the GM had infused some talent that side. Still, I don't like our O line at all. I think that needs some work. The Giants have also had an OK offseason, but they still need O line help too.

I agree!

I would've liked if Browns got more O line, but I definitely approve of the WR picks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree!

I would've liked if Browns got more O line, but I definitely approve of the WR picks.

They'll probably scour the undrafted free agent market and the June cuts to see what they can find. Most teams typically take that route.

The Jags coach is under pressure to produce a winning season this year. They certainly have the talent to do that. I hope so, because I think they need the continuity because of how young the team is.

G4 Approved

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious to see how the NBA playoffs will shake out. I still think the eventual champ is neither Golden State or the Spurs. I don't think Cleveland will win. I don't trust Toronto. I think the conference finals will be Miami v Cleveland and Spurs v Warriors. I want to pick the Spurs to win it all but if Curry is healthy enough...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I always like watching science shows, like "How they do it", " How it's made", etc. It always gives me a great appreciation as to the things that need to get done to make modern life so modern. It also reminds me of the politics that's behind having those opportunities in the first place.

It is amazing how much some of the nuts and agrarian produce comes from countries where there are different political views and aspirations than the US (Iran is a top producer of pistachios, for instance). Most people forget that pretty much all of the economies are grounded in manufacturing and agriculture.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I always like watching science shows, like "How they do it", " How it's made", etc. It always gives me a great appreciation as to the things that need to get done to make modern life so modern. It also reminds me of the politics that's behind having those opportunities in the first place.

It is amazing how much some of the nuts and agrarian produce comes from countries where there are different political views and aspirations than the US (Iran is a top producer of pistachios, for instance). Most people forget that pretty much all of the economies are grounded in manufacturing and agriculture.

G4 Approved

Sometimes people forget how hard people work both here and abroad to make some of the most innocuous things that comprise modern life. Now, the expectation is that we all cannot economically live like the wealthy - capitalism itself isn't designed for that. However, there is more than enough to go around to ensure that everyone can live relatively comfortably.

But...the rich will always want more. And the poor will always want to have enough to stave off poverty.

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Got the day off tomorrow at least... I'll be able to catch up on some gaming.. I mean REST, yeah Rest that's what I meant lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs