WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Today has been a rough day. I have to fill out a tax credit survey for 2015 and it is killing me....

I was going back and forth about getting some alcohol to drink after work today, but I decided not to do it. Yes, it was that kind of day, so I'm in total agreement with you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The more I handle the XL come out the more I like it. But also, the more I use it, the more it annoys me the current state that windows mobile is in.

Where MSFT is at in some ways, is not that much different than some of the Android OEM's - Which means, your hardware is good enough, but the issue is it is there software or their take on the current software.

I've always liked the OS, but the question was always going to be by the time Microsoft makes their grand move who is going to care at that point?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In other news, it would appear that the G4 is behaving again.. I was able to take a call in the GF's and had no issues in terms of the call being dropped. Also, looks like I'm getting good data signals again inside her apartment. So, this means that the G4 is back in good graces...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The more I handle the XL come out the more I like it. But also, the more I use it, the more it annoys me the current state that windows mobile is in.

Where MSFT is at in some ways, is not that much different than some of the Android OEM's - Which means, your hardware is good enough, but the issue is it is there software or their take on the current software.

I've always liked the OS, but the question was always going to be by the time Microsoft makes their grand move who is going to care at that point?

I would like to have split screen. That's pretty much it. I can't think of what else Microsoft to add into the software.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I would like to have split screen. That's pretty much it. I can't think of what else Microsoft to add into the software.

How about a clear all option in the multitasking window?

There are other things they can do to tweak the OS...

G4 Approved

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

How about a clear all option in the multitasking window?

There are other things they can do to tweak the OS...

G4 Approved

Don't take this the wrong way. I do have a question.. Why would that be needed? I mean why would you want to close out of every program In the multitasking window when it's been discussed that by closing out of a program it uses up more battery just by launching it again.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I've found the split screen and side by side on the iPad quite useful. Especially with my synth and recording apps on one side, and AudioBus Remote on the other.

Of course on the Win10 desktop it's a whole 'nother story!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't take this the wrong way. I do have a question.. Why would that be needed? I mean why would you want to close out of every program In the multitasking window when it's been discussed that by closing out of a program it uses up more battery just by launching it again.

I understand that. It's a matter of personal preference and perceived convenience. Stock Android has the same option where you close the apps you have running individually (some OEMS add in a clear all button). The clear all is nice because if I'm done with an app, I want to close it. If I have multiple apps running, the hardware horsepower is more than enough for me to tap one button to close all at once.

But that's a personal preference, not an absolute requirement. Still, getting the OS better and more fluid than it is now OS always welcomed...

G4 Approved

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I understand that. It's a matter of personal preference and perceived convenience. Stock Android has the same option where you close the apps you have running individually (some OEMS add in a clear all button). The clear all is nice because if I'm done with an app, I want to close it. If I have multiple apps running, the hardware horsepower is more than enough for me to tap one button to close all at once.

But that's a personal preference, not an absolute requirement. Still, getting the OS better and more fluid than it is now OS always welcomed...

G4 Approved

I love that feature in EMUI... Kill 'em all!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

G4 Approved

If it's personal preference I can see the appeal since it's much more efficient to press one button than closing all open programs on by one. But if I had to choose between a close all button to a split screen window id chose the split screen Window.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If it's personal preference I can see the appeal since it's much more efficient to press one button than closing all open programs on by one. But if I had to choose between a close all button to a split screen window id chose the split screen Window.

But why not have them both? I'd like split screen too, and don't think I should have to chose between those two options.

I'd also like double tap to wake. The M8 has it...not sure why MSFT took it out. Maybe if Windows Hello gets out of Beta it makes double tap not as useful, but it is nice to have options.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

But why not have them both? I'd like split screen too, and don't think I should have to chose between those two options.

I'd also like double tap to wake. The M8 has it...not sure why MSFT took it out. Maybe if Windows Hello gets out of Beta it makes double tap not as useful, but it is nice to have options.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Oh yeah have both :p it would be nice for people who like having it. Personally I don't need it since I rather press the Windows button and let the OS handle background apps.

The m8 had double tap to wake? o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte