WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My Linux User Group meeting was fun!

The topic was the OpenShot video editing app, which happens to be cross-platform (it's available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X). The presenter did a demonstration of OpenShot, which looks really easy to use.

I've always been interested in still photography, but I've never done anything with video. I might give OpenShot a try. When I get a working MXPE back, that would be a perfect opportunity, since I'll want to use the video camera just to ensure that it works.

BTW, I got an email from FedEx that a MXPE will arrive on Tuesday. Hopefully, it won't be a brick. The folks at the Linux Group meeting were flabbergasted when I told them how I got a refurbished brick last Friday.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's not that the chords themselves are complex, they're not. They're just (as with most metal songs) standard power chords. It's that the actual songs are complex as a whole, with these simple power chords all over the place, all up and down the neck of the guitar.

It's like the difference between a classical piece, where you'd have one or two complicated, or complex (6 string) chords versus a metal song where you have 8-10 simple power chords (2-3 string chords) at all different locations on the neck, played very quickly.

With the former, you're focused on precise finger placement for these complex chords, where the latter, the power chords all have the same basic chord "shape" with the fingers. You're just moving your hand up and down the neck to different positions more rapidly. It's more like a workout! lol
Here's one for you, Ed, about Rush.

tumblr_mel0fmheeG1r4na3qo1_1280.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah have both :p it would be nice for people who like having it. Personally I don't need it since I rather press the Windows button and let the OS handle background apps.

The m8 had double tap to wake? o_O

It does. It is a tall phone with the power button at the top, so adding tap to wake made sense. I only used the power button to turn on and off the phone. I was a big time tap to wake + tap nav bar to sleep guy. Made the phone that much easier to use...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We've had two days of pure blue skies and sun. Today was the first day with clouds but still warm.

Good to hear it. Today is dreary with the rain and I feel as dreary as it looks outside. More tired than anything else...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm very impressed at how compact this XL is. It feels more comfortable to use one handed than the G4...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99