WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

All in all, I like the LG G4. My only issues with it are the battery life (which I can mitigate to some degree with a spare), it's Mirco SIM so I cannot card swap as easily, and the recent radio issues. There are still some places where I used to get signal easily where the phone now is struggling to get service.

Otherwise, it's a solid device and I like the convenience of having a decent snapper camera wise on hand.

I still would prefer something the size of the Nexus 5X/Moto Maxx as a daily driver. It's why I was looking moreso at the 950, but the XL is such a compact big phone (slightly bigger than the G4), that I'm fine with that. I think the G5 would be the best fit for me because it a little smaller. Personally, if the 5X had a G4 GB + 3GB RAM version, that would hit the spot (even though it misses with no Qi).

Oh well, I guess even with all the cash OEMs are charging you still cannot have it all...

G4 Approved
You can always try though...one of these days you will be able to get a phone like that... I would say the S7 comes very close to your requirements only to be let down by the software...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You can always try though...one of these days you will be able to get a phone like that... I would say the S7 comes very close to your requirements only to be let down by the software...

I think you've realized by now that I never want a device that "everyone has". The S7 is close, but I'd still pick a HTC 10 or even a G5 over it...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Still, for right now, the G4 is good enough. If I chose to downsize, it'll be a G5 or 5X (mostly likely this)...unless I score a HTC 10 on a crazy deal...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm so going to play forza oh my desktop ��

It looks fantastic running on the GTX 970!

I am rather disappointed that there isn't an RX8 (that I can see anyway) in this version of the game.

The car painting thing is pretty cool... here's my Mustang:

Capture.JPG

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Off days from work, especially when it is a light to do list, are such simple treasures...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I took a few random shots on the flowers by my apartment building...

G4 Approved

Attachments

• 15752.jpg
    15752.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 4

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

These are in auto mode, unedited. Always nice to see where smartphone cameras have come these days...

G4 Approved

Attachments

• 15751.jpg
    15751.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 4

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I think you've realized by now that I never want a device that "everyone has". The S7 is close, but I'd still pick a HTC 10 or even a G5 over it...

G4 Approved

The irony is no device quite has it all. The 6S Plus has stellar camera, awesome battery life but size is bulky for a 5.5" screen, no wireless or quick charging, slippery as an eel and software is okay. The S7 has stellar camera, good battery life, great size but needs a case (fingerprint magnet and slippery as an eel) and software is a fustercluck!

I guess it is always going to come down to the lowest amount of compromises...decisions, decisions or also known as #firstworldproblems!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Still, for right now, the G4 is good enough. If I chose to downsize, it'll be a G5 or 5X (mostly likely this)...unless I score a HTC 10 on a crazy deal...

G4 Approved

Crazy HTC 10 deals are still priced outrageously high as of last night...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The irony is no device quite has it all. The 6S Plus has stellar camera, awesome battery life but size is bulky for a 5.5" screen, no wireless or quick charging, slippery as an eel and software is okay. The S7 has stellar camera, good battery life, great size but needs a case (fingerprint magnet and slippery as an eel) and software is a fustercluck!

I guess it is always going to come down to the lowest amount of compromises...decisions, decisions or also known as #firstworldproblems!

Agreed. Of the recent devices I've tried, the G4 and the Maxx have come the closest...maybe for my tastes the Maxx moreso than the G4.

It's always what you're looking for and willing to put up with...just like anything else in life...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Crazy HTC 10 deals are still priced outrageously high as of last night...

Too, too expensive... I think of all the 2016 models so far, this is the one that I like the most. Still, there's something about the G5 that I like too. People are writing it off, and I think incorrectly so...

G4 Approved

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786