WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes, but it requires you to have drunk the Apple Kool Aid and splurged even more $$ to buy an iPad to go along with your iPhone....

lol

Well, I already had the iPad way before switching back to iPhone ;)

I am going to be upgrading my Air 2 soon though... I'm getting the 256GB 12.9" Pro mostly for my musical production/synth/guitar amp/effect modeling purposes. Those speakers have to be heard! The only thing new about the smaller 9.7" Pro is the upgraded camera that's the same in my 6S Plus.. (So I've already got that camera with OIS... And I'm not an iPad photographer)... that and that new ambient screen temp/color thing. Oh and the 12.9" has 4GB of Ram over the 2GB found in the new 9.7". So the bigger screen and better performance with my several hundred dollars worth of music production apps will suit me a lot better.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Of course I'm not your typical "Kool Aide" drinking Apple user either... At work, out of 10 people that have iPhones, I'm the only one who actually does things with his phone other than phone calls, texts, and Facebook. Seriously, those other 9 people bought one just because it's an iPhone... :/

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

In other news, I can't wait for EVGA (and other makes) to release their version(s) of the newly announced Nvidia GeForce 1080/1070 reference designs. I'm a big fan of EVGA though, I have an EVGA motherboard (X58 SLI) and the GTX 970. I'm sure they'll be releasing a "SSC" version like my 970 (super super clocked) with the dual BIOS switch and enhanced cooling...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it's all that bad, but like you mentioned a while back, maybe once they ditch the home button (if Jobs had his way), they'd be able to appease the bezelphobes lol

Apple as their design language, so I guess that. Still when they made the move to a much larger screen, I still don't understand why you couldn't just tweaked the design in such a way that the bezels are still small enough. Anything screen to bezel ratio wise of 70%+ is good in my book. Apple I believe is below that. You really see it show up in the 5.5" iPhone. In contrast, you can argue the Note 5 is smaller but yet with a bigger screen...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm on break for a little bit. Gonna go in the kitchen shortly and pull together this week's meals:

1) Homemade cream cheese spread (breakfast) - neufch?tel cream cheese + fresh green onions + seasoning salt + black pepper + homemade pepper sauce.

2) "Fried chicken" (baked) drumsticks, which will be pulled for a gyro comprising of the drumsticks meat, chopped fresh tomatoes, saut?ed mushrooms and vegan cheese stuffed in a pita bread pocket.

3) Adzkui bean spaghetti with ground beef meatballs, steamed broccoli and a tomato puree sauce.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here are some pictures near the hang out spot I went to clear my head.

G4 Approved

Attachments

• 15765.jpg
    15765.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 7

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Apple as their design language, so I guess that. Still when they made the move to a much larger screen, I still don't understand why you couldn't just tweaked the design in such a way that the bezels are still small enough. Anything screen to bezel ratio wise of 70%+ is good in my book. Apple I believe is below that. You really see it show up in the 5.5" iPhone. In contrast, you can argue the Note 5 is smaller but yet with a bigger screen...

G4 Approved
They improved the ratio with the 5.5" Plus phones over the regular 6.

Look at the chart on this page. If you squint your eyes, they all pretty much look the same except for the 5S (lower right) having the lowest, (there's a lot of black there!) and the Sharp phones (upper left) having the highest.

http://www.androidauthority.com/phones-highest-lowest-screen-to-body-ratios-610915/

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Snapseed was used on all these.

G4 Approved

Awesome MIA! I've been wanting to come up for a while now, and check out that new WTC building.. Maybe when I come up, you could be my guide? It'd probably be a dual purpose trip to also go visit my father up in MA out on the Cape.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is a piece of the Hoboken, NJ skyline and the famed Hudson River menacingly profiled upfront...

G4 Approved

Attachments

• 15766.jpg
    15766.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This spot has a nice stretch of greenery. It is a section of Battery Park, which requires some $$$ to live there. Only issue I had with this shot is there is supposed to be the Hudson river in the top right hand corner but that gets blown out.

G4 Approved

Attachments

• 15767.jpg
    15767.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 8

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No Snapseed here, but this is a shot that includes some of the Westside buildings around 34th Street that you can see from here...

G4 Approved

Attachments

• 15754.jpg
    15754.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They improved the ratio with the 5.5" Plus phones over the regular 6.

Look at the chart on this page. If you squint your eyes, they all pretty much look the same except for the 5S (lower right) having the lowest, (there's a lot of black there!) and the Sharp phones (upper left) having the highest.

http://www.androidauthority.com/phones-highest-lowest-screen-to-body-ratios-610915/

Funny enough, I've owned 5 phones on this list (Nexus 5, OnePlus One, Xperia Z3, G Flex 2, Lumia 1520), am in the process of moving another (Moto Maxx - Droid Turbo in the US on Verizon), own another in the G4, and have test driven the Asus Zenfone 2.

While Apple has made strides, when they get over the 70% marker, I'll be impressed (they're close though).

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Awesome MIA! I've been wanting to come up for a while now, and check out that new WTC building.. Maybe when I come up, you could be my guide? It'd probably be a dual purpose trip to also go visit my father up in MA out on the Cape.

Cool. As long as my schedule isn't too much of a circus, I'm down with touching base if you get into town. Least I can do is let you pick my brain and suggest some places. 99 also knows a few spots too, since he's the Johnny Cash ("I've Been Everywhere") of the thread...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm on break for a little bit. Gonna go in the kitchen shortly and pull together this week's meals:

1) Homemade cream cheese spread (breakfast) - neufch?tel cream cheese + fresh green onions + seasoning salt + black pepper + homemade pepper sauce.

2) "Fried chicken" (baked) drumsticks, which will be pulled for a gyro comprising of the drumsticks meat, chopped fresh tomatoes, saut?ed mushrooms and vegan cheese stuffed in a pita bread pocket.

3) Adzkui bean spaghetti with ground beef meatballs, steamed broccoli and a tomato puree sauce.

G4 Approved

OK, back to work...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte